masturbate can cause hairloss

venomman

Reaction score
no one asks about sex ebcase people dont have sex 6 times everysingle day and always think about it.

people who wack off lots show major signs of hairloss end of story

scientist

Reaction score
my hair started to thin when i hit puberty, and that's the first time i masturbated, and there have not been many days in my life when i have not done that, sometimes 4 times a day.

i don't know if there is a link, but i know of at least one horny brazillian guy who also did that a lot and had severe hairloss. i actually decided today or yesterday that i'm going to stop for as long as possible, i'm trying to be as healthy as possible for my recent body hair transplant to be successful.

i think that if an individual is predisposed to become bald, then masturbation might cause the hairloss to be more advanced, and if the person isn't predisposed to be bald then they can do it all they want, no problem

s

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
scientist,
no offense. but calling yourself a scientist and supporting this masturbation theory is insane. you should know that there is not scientific evidence or logical explanation to relate masturbation to hair loss.

scientist

Reaction score
obviously everyone who masturbates does not lose hair as a result.

i'm wondering if a population of the individuals (like myself) who have a genetic predisposition to lose hair might have that process accelerated by constant masturbation.

it's just a hunch i have about myself, it would also be good for my health and my mind to stop so i will and hopefully it will have a beneficial effect

s

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
scientist,
again there is no scientific evidence saying the masturbation is not good for health.
it might be bad by religious beliefs, but no science there.

scientist

Reaction score
i agree, that's what my brother tells me too, he's a cardiologist in chicago and he tells me not to worry about it. still i can tell that over the years the area of the tube ( i think epididymis) where it meets my testicle has become progressively "hardened", i would guess from overuse, and it doesn't feel healthy to me, i've had it checked out and they said it was ok, it just doesn't feel right to me, personal decision, so i'm going to quit, at least until i get my hair back :)

s

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard masturbation grows hair on your palms. I'm gonna try it on my hair. :freaked2: :lol: :roll: No I'm just kidding.

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
ok.i don t wanna quit..i wanna reduce it..but how.:)then see if any relationship...

The Gardener

Reaction score
You guys are crazy...

Masturbation causing hairloss... I think you've been listening too much to Doctor Mom, and not a medical doctor.

Before you guys make a claim like this, can you at least have a study, or an article, or even a reasoned opinion piece that you can cite as some sort of educated rationale for the claim?

I mean, the original poster started this thread with the very confident-sounding title "masturbation causes hair loss", as if he were proclaiming it to be a proven fact.

Well, after several postings, I have yet to see ANY backup for this, whatsoever, outside of what was stated as "my personal hunch".

When you make a posting with a title such as "masturbation causes hairloss" and cannot back it up with any supporting evidence at ALL, don't you find it a bit irresponsible?

I think it would have been more honest and respectable to title the thread "Could masturbation cause hairloss?", or, "I THINK that masturbation might be causing hairloss".

Axon

Reaction score
They ain't gonna listen Gardener. Let 'em believe dumb sh*t, if they want.

scientist

Reaction score
i'm wondering if masturbation played a role in my hairloss. i am curious if anyone else feels the same way. we're not going to make it illegal for you to masturbate. this forum is a good opportunity to learn from the experiences of others.

s

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

I don't care if masterbation or sex causes hairloss as I am not willing to give up or slow down either. I guess having perfect hair is not important enough to me to give up the one thing in life I cannot go without.

Reaction score
You are balding because you inherited from one or both parents a gene that makes the hair on top of your head ( as opposed to the back and sides) genetically sensitive to dht.

dht is present in non balding men (that haven`t inherited the balding gene) in similar quantities to balding men.

you can reduce dht if you choose through the use of medically proven oral treatments or topical treatments.

Hair can also be transplanted from the sides and back of your head via hair transplant surgery.

Masturbation has nothing to do with hair loss - end of story! :hairy:

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
warnietheoldpro said:
You are balding because you inherited from one or both parents a gene that makes the hair on top of your head ( as opposed to the back and sides) genetically sensitive to dht.

dht is present in non balding men (that haven`t inherited the balding gene) in similar quantities to balding men.

you can reduce dht if you choose through the use of medically proven oral treatments or topical treatments.

Hair can also be transplanted from the sides and back of your head via hair transplant surgery.

Masturbation has nothing to do with hair loss - end of story! :hairy:

Bowling Warnie!

northeastguy

Reaction score
yes, i think it has played a big part in my hair loss. just one person's opinion though, but take it for what it's worth.

scientist

Reaction score
there is a saying that bald men are virile, meaning they are horny so odds are they ejaculate more often. obviously this does not apply to everyone, but there is probably a reason for the saying, there is likely a small percentage of bald men who ejaculate often (4-6 times daily), and suffer from extensive hairloss. for this small group of people, of which i am a proud member, there might be a mechanistic link. science does not have all the answers yet, not even close. i've quit for the time being

s

The Gardener

Reaction score
lol... reading this has me laughing so hard I am crying

I hear that gullibility causes hairloss too.

Oh, and don't grimace while fighting off those masturbatory urges, because when you make a face like that too many times, it might stay that way...

Let's use some web resources to try to answer this once and for all. I went to Pub Med, the national medical library, and tried the following search terms to see how many hits I got:

"hair loss" 8838 hits
"hair loss and dht" 88 hits
"hair loss and androgens" 367 hits
"hair loss and dihydrotestosterone" 125 hits
"hair loss and genetics" 975 hits

"hair loss and masturbation" 0 hits
"hair-loss and masturbation" 0 hits
"hairloss and masturbation" 0 hits
"baldness and masturbation" 0 hits
"hairloss and ejaculation" 0 hits

Then, I did some googling online to see if anyone else out there has asked and had this question answered by a professional.

Georgia Tech University wellness website -
"Masturbation nor sex will not cause the body physical harm, including hair loss. Perhaps a bit of pubic hair might be lost during the sexual activity, but it will generally grow back."
http://www.wellness.gatech.edu/ask/3_dr ... irloss.php

From Menshealth.com:
"Masturbation does not cause baldness."
http://menshealth.about.com/od/sexualhe ... ation8.htm

From Sexualhealth.com:
"Q: Is overmasturbation a serious problem? I am a 16 year old suffering from unexplainable receeding hair and a few sites claim over masturbation can be a cause (http://www.herbolove.com/article.asp?art=62 for one) Are these sites just trying to sell something, or is their grounds behind what they say? I typically masturbate once a day, sometimes two.
A: The sites must be trying to sell something because there is NO relationship between losing hair and masturbation."
http://www.sexualhealth.com/question.ph ... 4&topic=98

From the Oregon State University health website:
"No, masturbation does not cause hair loss; it is a normal expression of sexuality. Hair loss is caused by your genetic makeup as well as your hormone levels. If you are concerned about a receding hairline, you may want to consult with a health care provider about medications that help to prevent hair loss. Please see this linked website for more information about hair loss in men."
http://studenthealth.oregonstate.edu/an ... ssage=7256

From smartersex.org:
"Masturbation will also not cause hair loss, acne or loss of eyesight."
http://www.smartersex.org/safe_sex/sex_myths.asp

Jack in Myths mythbusting Q&A website:
"MYTH: Masturbation causes hair loss, chronic fatigue, and other problems. FACT: Internet scam artists have tried to invent a concept called "overmasturbation," insisting that you have to buy their expensive herbal pills in order to counteract the effect of masturbating more than a couple of times per week. But the pills have absolutely no effect — and masturbating once or twice a day will not make your hair fall out, or cause anything else they claim."

You know, the thing that bothers me about this topic is not any sort of personal affinity with excessive masturbation. What bothers me is the willingness of some people to accept as fact certain theories that have no basis in medical reality.

I mean, a linkage between masturbation and hairloss is no more correlative than a linkage between drinking excessive alcohol and hairloss... or drinking excessive alcohol and NOT losing hair. When in doubt, trust the science. And on this topic, its not like there is even a discussion about it or a hint of controversy, it has pretty much been uniformly ruled OUT as a factor in hairloss.

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
:))..the gardener..i can understand your reaction,man..but how r u talking exactly?..did science discover all of body functions,illness..etc..how long have we known DHT?..persons like me can be rare..we can be more sensitive,can t we?..perheaps science will discover a relationship in the future(of course not for everyone)..i m not sure..i don t know..i wanna a little disccusion about this..but of course "masturbate can cause hairloss" was wrong.."masturbate can cause hairloss?(a question mark needed)" is ok...the gardener..believe me.i m happy if u r right..because i have a good masturbate record.:))