masturbate can cause hairloss

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
i read alot of thing about it..some says no some says yes..but in my opinion it can cause thinning..2 or 3 times a week is normal..but i do 3 times a day sometimes more...i have a diffuse hairloss..all over my head...when started at 14 years old..my hair thinning ligthing color and a general hairloss ..my frontal is very good now..no frontal hairloss...i think there is a relationship between masturbate and hairloss(i can accept over masturbate don t effect erverybody..but some people this must be search)..i read alot of story like me in my ages..now i m 22...i have a godd reason for saying this..because i can remember when i was 16 years old,i started a school and stayed at dorm..u know dorms..if u r home..u r boring and can do alot masturvate..but in dorm u can forget this..anyway..i stayed at dorm for 2 years..i use regaine little..but it is expensive and side effects u know i stopped it..anyway..i can t remember..any regrow..but i used it only 4 5 months..then sopped...i stayed at dorm 2 years..my hair thickened..when i returned home at 18 my hair became thinning again..in my thoughts because of statrting over masturbating again...any story like me or idea?(my frontal hair is good now..if my hair is long and comb carefully..believe me u can t understand..even u say what a nice hair...however the truth i hate my hair..)

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it. Someone posted something like this before and I'll quote the exact reply..."Would you be as concerned if you were having sex 3 times a day??"

I highly doubt it.

Britannia

Reaction score
I can never understand why everyone always asks if masturbation can cause hairloss and never if sex can cause hairloss.
And even if it could, would anybody here sacrifice sex for hair (except jeffsss)?

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
ok firstly..i said not for everyone..second 4 times a day and everyday effects somebody..because testeron rise..so why dont DHT rise?..third u can say for adults..do u think for 13 14 age olders having it 4 times a day..young bodies..of course some side effects can occur in SOMEBODY..if he has a bald family history..his hair cells are already weak against DHT because of genetics reasons..so why not??

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
And even if it could, would anybody here sacrifice sex for hair (except jeffsss)?
I would. Once in a blue moon would be fine with me. But that's how it is now, I'm married.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Britannia said:
I can never understand why everyone always asks if masturbation can cause hairloss and never if sex can cause hairloss.
:pensativo: :boid:

The Gardener

Reaction score
There is no scientific evidence showing a link between masturbation and hair loss.

If you can provide us with a link to a study, or trial, or even some sort of a research paper that indicates it, then that might change people's minds. There is all kinds of research out on the web... I strongly suggest you search around to see if anything is out there that backs up your claim.

However, I already know what the answer is because I have already done this, and there is no study that I could find that indicates that masturbation affects hairloss.

Other questions for you... do you KNOW if masturbation increases testosterone in the blood? If it does, do you really think that a testosterone "spike" from the one time act of whacking off would last long enough to foster changes in the body's tissue? Third, what does testosterone have to do with hairloss? Sure, DHT is a derivative of testosterone, but just because testosterone levels rise this does NOT mean that DHT levels rise... as this conversion process is driven by the 5ar enzymes which are NOT affected by masturbation.

In short, the idea that "masturbation causes hairloss" is as much of a foolish old wives' tale as the idea that masturbation causes blindness. Complete mythology.

jeffsss

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Other questions for you... do you KNOW if masturbation increases testosterone in the blood? If it does, do you really think that a testosterone "spike" from the one time act of whacking off would last long enough to foster changes in the body's tissue? Third, what does testosterone have to do with hairloss? Sure, DHT is a derivative of testosterone, but just because testosterone levels rise this does NOT mean that DHT levels rise... as this conversion process is driven by the 5ar enzymes which are NOT affected by masturbation.

In short, the idea that "masturbation causes hairloss" is as much of a foolish old wives' tale as the idea that masturbation causes blindness. Complete mythology.

not that i agree with the poster in the slightest bit..

but.. I think if testosterone were to rise.. then there would be more testosterone to convert to DHT.

just like if you took an anabolic sterioid. test increses.. hair decreases..

Britannia

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Britannia said:

Just having a giraffe mate. No offense intended.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Britannia said:
jeffsss said:
Britannia said:

Just having a giraffe mate. No offense intended.

uh-huh

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
ok..i have not any document yet..but some ideas in my mind and i know some people thinking too..i know hairloss mechanisma and 5 alpha reductaz ..but u can understand this..hairloss isn t explained exacty yet..think about this..body builder..they work with heavy weigths..their testeron levels are over normal people..some man who starts body bulding,can observe shedding thinning(no everyone but some people)..so high testeron levels can effect DHT levels or what?..my aim is not fight,man..:)...only talking about them..i m not scienctist..but although science not find any relationship between hairloss and over masturbate,can't we think about it?..most of people thinks and wonders

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I guess, in theory, over masturbation may have some sort of result with the hair thinning, but no permanent loss.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
diffuse_curse said:
i read alot of thing about it..some says no some says yes..but in my opinion it can cause thinning..2 or 3 times a week is normal..but i do 3 times a day sometimes more...i have a diffuse hairloss..all over my head...when started at 14 years old..my hair thinning ligthing color and a general hairloss ..my frontal is very good now..no frontal hairloss...i think there is a relationship between masturbate and hairloss(i can accept over masturbate don t effect erverybody..but some people this must be search)..i read alot of story like me in my ages..now i m 22...i have a godd reason for saying this..because i can remember when i was 16 years old,i started a school and stayed at dorm..u know dorms..if u r home..u r boring and can do alot masturvate..but in dorm u can forget this..anyway..i stayed at dorm for 2 years..i use regaine little..but it is expensive and side effects u know i stopped it..anyway..i can t remember..any regrow..but i used it only 4 5 months..then sopped...i stayed at dorm 2 years..my hair thickened..when i returned home at 18 my hair became thinning again..in my thoughts because of statrting over masturbating again...any story like me or idea?(my frontal hair is good now..if my hair is long and comb carefully..believe me u can t understand..even u say what a nice hair...however the truth i hate my hair..)

1) Stop punchin' the clown for 12 months and let us know
2) Learn English

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hey... be nice. There are a lot of international contributors here to whom English is not their first language. Cut a little slack.

As for the topic, I read an article on MSN that said that failure to ejaculate regularly might actually be harmful to your potency. Apparently, sperm that is, I think it said a week old, start to degrade and die, and this process creates free radicals that end up damaging the other, younger sperm.

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
you are so cruel,man..relax..yes..english is not my native language..really sorry for this..i know..when i m writing,i make alot of mistake..but can t u sensible more?..if u can t understand,ask politly and i will write again or try write carefully.."learn english" is some impolite.if u can t understand,no compulsion to answer me..am i right??..and i can t understand your anger?..why u attack on me so much..secondly...really diffucult for me..quiting masterbating...i tried but failed if u asked it

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
the gardener..okey..that is true..but we are talking about an over dose in young ages...i mean..some men who have a bald family history(very sensitive hair cells),in their teenages,doing over masturbating..can t it stimulate shedding ,thinning,an early hairloss...anyway...perheaps talking later bye..

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Not anger...just a suggestion.

I think this theory on waxin' the rod has been beaten to death, no pun. Bit twiddlin' does not alter your genetic code. If bashin' the candle caused male pattern baldness, there wouldn't be a hair left in the male population. But, maybe you can be the individual that puts this to bed permanently - that is, if you can stop playing pocket pool for a while. We all know that you need to give any treatment at least 12 months - so if you can avoid burping the worm for that length of time, you may earn a spot in medical journals. I know it'll be hard not to choke Kojak, but if you can cease your game of 5 against 1, you might ease the mind of others who stay on manual override.

diffuse_curse said:
you are so cruel,man..relax..yes..english is not my native language..really sorry for this..i know..when i m writing,i make alot of mistake..but can t u sensible more?..if u can t understand,ask politly and i will write again or try write carefully.."learn english" is some impolite.if u can t understand,no compulsion to answer me..am i right??..and i can t understand your anger?..why u attack on me so much..secondly...really diffucult for me..quiting masterbating...i tried but failed if u asked it

Britannia

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Hey... be nice. There are a lot of international contributors here to whom English is not their first language. Cut a little slack.

As for the topic, I read an article on MSN that said that failure to ejaculate regularly might actually be harmful to your potency. Apparently, sperm that is, I think it said a week old, start to degrade and die, and this process creates free radicals that end up damaging the other, younger sperm.

This is true. In fact there is evidence that these free radicals can actually have carcinogenic efffects, and there have been studies which has shown that men over the age of 50 who masturbate regularly have a reduced risk of developing prostate cancer. (This post is 100% serious).

Axon

Reaction score
Has anyone on these forums not beaten off for more than 10 days? Do you know what happens when you go against every biological instinct and actually pull off a 10 and 0? The sperm has to go somewhere, and usually, its right on your f*****g sheets when you wake up.

"According to the Canadian survey of Now magazine readers cited above, the frequency of masturbation declines after the age of 17. However, most males masturbate daily or even more frequently well into their 20's and sometimes way beyond. This decline is more drastic among females, and more gradual among males. While females aged 13-17 masturbated almost once a day on average (and almost as often as their male peers), adult women only masturbated 8-9 times a month, compared to the 18-22 among men. It is also apparent that the ability to masturbate declines with age. Adolescent youths report being able to masturbate to ejaculation six or more times per day, while men in middle age report being hard pressed to ejaculate even once per day. The survey does not give a full demographic breakdown of respondents, however, and the sexual history of respondents to this poll, who are readers of an urban Toronto lifestyle magazine, may not extend to the general population."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterbati ... ge_and_sex

Goddamn, I'm hot right now.

urban

Reaction score
This topic on masturbation comes up all the time. The answer is SIMPLE!
Just try it!! Yet so many dispute the claim. Yet, i have never seen a single poster that is willing to see if masturbation cause hair loss.