Massive shed and now the decision

G

I have been on Propeca now for 5 months and the shedding has really taken a toll and the thinning is now visible to others. So here is my question do I add the minoxidil or do I give the Propeca more time work???
This is driven me nuts and I could really use advice

FYI

The shedding is still going on and a lot from the front. The sides have now started a little bit as well oh ya and the leg hair.

Becks

Reaction score
Are u having any sides from finasteride? like gyno ? Your chest lokks just like mine :)

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
i would personally give it more time...but also judging on ur pictures....i dont see any change in ur hair from june to sept (depending on which way u look at it could be success and a result of propecia working) but either way i dont see a change

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, give it time. Considering that taking propecia is potentially a lifetime commitment, 4 or 5 months is nothing. I've heard if you don't see results in a year, then you should just give up, but you've still got time for it to kick in.

Besides, from your pics, I'm not even sure if you've got male pattern baldness. I think most guys on this forum would love to have that much hair.

G

Use common sense man! minoxidil will do nothing to stop the shed.

A shed at month five is just what I had and now month six my hair looks much better - and this from a supersceptic.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Possible as well that you will find propecia working for you and then start shedding from the minoxidil. Be a 100% sure you need the added boost before you take the dip.

G

marsbtchsx said:
i would personally give it more time...but also judging on ur pictures....i dont see any change in ur hair from june to sept (depending on which way u look at it could be success and a result of propecia working) but either way i dont see a change

I wish that was true but in person it shows especially the hair line. I have developed parts and cows licks all over my head and I have had to change my hair style to short to cover it up. My dermatologist said to use minoxidil but I wanted to know what people who have used propica thought, did it get better before it got worse.

I think the biggest think is that I am still shedding I can not even tough my hair with out seeing 5 hairs full out and when I wash it its crazy how much I lose.

I know minoxidil will not stop the shed but it dose stimulate regrowth.

G

So

So how do you know when to add minoxidil?

I mean what is a fair time to make that call and how bad to i let it get before i add it.

G

viperfish said:
Are you even losing your hair???????? Looks allright to me!!

I agree. You don't look like you are losing your hair. But I guess it's better to start now than when it's too late.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't believe you even bothered to register thebaldingtruth.com :freaked2:
Save your money and use it for treatments.

G

I wish you guys where right but as i said it is hard to tell by the picture but there is not doubt i am losing my hair. What i do not know is well it grow back or not. My hair line is disappearing fast and i am shedding like a dog. I have gone to the best dermatologies in Toronto I could find and he agrees that i am in the Begin stage of male pattern baldness. my hair has degraded a lot sine i started treatment do to the shedding especially the hair line.

as for the website it cost me 20 for the name a free hosting for a year i think i will live.

Now can any one answer my question?