male pattern baldness or mature hairline? (pics included)

Roger-rabbit

Reaction score
I am trying to decide if I should start a regime. My hairline has matured in the past year but I'm afraid it is moving past NW2. My temporal hairline looks like its miniaturizing. What do you guys think any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/a/Qsf1x

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell at this point. You aren't a NW2 at all just maybe a Norwood 1. Wait several months take pictures again and compare. Good Luck!

Roger-rabbit

Reaction score
regimen*

Thanks for the quick replies. I've added some pics of the front. I might just be paranoid but the mature hairline came in so quick! I want to make sure to be proactive about it if it is male pattern baldness.

front pics
https://imgur.com/a/jp8JU

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just need to know if your dad or moms dad or relatives have male pattern baldness? I'd be pretty annoyed having a bigger forehead...
That is not a nw2, your temples havent recessesd only your frontal, I want my temples back :(

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know how old you are, I would just get on propecia if you're in your 20's or older, just to be safe. If you experience sides I would just stop.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
I have the same male pattern baldness that you I 27 years.
it is a Norwood 1.5. diffuse thinnig.
sayifdoit right fina try if problem trying RU58841.
I myself even had problems fina.
courage man.

Roger-rabbit

Reaction score
One more question regarding minoxidil. From what I've read it looses its effectiveness after 5 years. What does this mean? Will it just stop helping hairs grow and keep me where I am? or will my tolerance to it result in a lose of hairs? I know that if you stop using it you will loose hair. This makes me think that once you have built a tolerance to it not matter how much you use (1% 5% 10%) in the long run the minoxidil will actually increase the speed of my hair loss. Im 22 and afraid that if I start it now by the time I'm 30 it'll be hurting more than helping.

Zhenjia

Reaction score
One more question regarding minoxidil. From what I've read it looses its effectiveness after 5 years. What does this mean? Will it just stop helping hairs grow and keep me where I am? or will my tolerance to it result in a lose of hairs? I know that if you stop using it you will loose hair. This makes me think that once you have built a tolerance to it not matter how much you use (1% 5% 10%) in the long run the minoxidil will actually increase the speed of my hair loss. Im 22 and afraid that if I start it now by the time I'm 30 it'll be hurting more than helping.

Minoxidil doesn't really lose effectiveness in that way.

The problem is that it doesn't treat the underlying "cause" of male pattern baldness, which is DHT destroying hair follicles. Minoxidil is just a growth stimulant.

You need something that is anti-DHT as well.

The best option is Finasteride, which is the most proven and effective way to counter DHT.

However, if you are like me, and irrationally afraid of side effects, there are other options like Topical Spironolactone.

Nizoral shampoo is a must for any regimen (it is anti-DHT and improves the health of your scalp). Shampoo your hair with regular shampoo first, then take a bit of Nizoral and rub it into your scalp, and leave it there for about 5 minutes. Do this twice a week.

At bare minimum you want to be on Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo. Your hairline is not too bad right now, you are lucky to have caught it early.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
The best option is Finasteride, which is the most proven and effective way to counter DHT.

However, if you are like me, and irrationally afraid of side effects, there are other options like Topical Spironolactone.
he is right.
minoxidil alone is not good ....

after 3 or 5 years minoxidil alone = disaster
you are at an age and stage where only anti-dht enough.

fina + nizoral 2% ok
RU58841 + nizoral 2% ok
fina + minoxidil + nizoral 2% ok
RU58841 + minoxidil + nizoral 2% ok

Roger-rabbit

Reaction score
I talked to my doctor about propecia and he gave me a prescription for 1mg but i found a website that sells 5mg at a lower price per pill than I would be paying for the prescription. Is it risky to buy the stuff online? If I get 5mg pills and grind them into a powder and take 1/5 everyday will it be the same as taking 1 1mg pill a day? Why is minoxidil alone not good? Right now I have minoxidil and nizoral shampoo should I stop using the minoxidil until I get propecia?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I talked to my doctor about propecia and he gave me a prescription for 1mg but i found a website that sells 5mg at a lower price per pill than I would be paying for the prescription. Is it risky to buy the stuff online? If I get 5mg pills and grind them into a powder and take 1/5 everyday will it be the same as taking 1 1mg pill a day? Why is minoxidil alone not good? Right now I have minoxidil and nizoral shampoo should I stop using the minoxidil until I get propecia?

I get my finasteride online. I have to admit though, I would feel much more comfortable getting it from a local pharmacy. Hopefully the stuff I get online at a great price is legit. Why would you crush it into powder? Just use a pill cutter and cut it into fourths. Minoxidil can work great for some guys, but is usually a band aid fix. DHT causes hair loss and unless you are using something to fight that, you are really fighting an uphill battle. minoxidil as part of the big 3 is pretty effective though.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
finastéride 1mg generic in pharmacie is cheap.
in france 60$ for 3 months.
how cost in usa?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I paid $67.99(30 1mg pills) for generic at a local pharmacy, but I have heard that other pharmacies have it for $40 - $50.