male pattern baldness at age of 17 :(((((((

Shobi

Reaction score
i m 17.5 male ...plz someone answer my ques in detail?..i m suffering from male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness) i can see my scalp from side nd middle of my hair...i have consulted a dr. Nd he recommended me ketaconazole 2 times a week ...minoxidil with aminexil solution one time a day nd propecia but i dont want to take propecia becoz of sides ..so anyone cn tell me is spironolactone cream any gud?? Nd minoxidil with aminexil is good for male pattern baldness or i should take minoxidil only ...plz answer my question

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Without finasteride you will go bald. Side effects are rare, and if you were to get them, they are mild and go away if you stop taking the drug. Though taking it at 17 might be a tad iffy, but if male pattern baldness is heavily impacting your life it's probably worth getting on it in my opinion.

Shobi

Reaction score
Cocohot- dont make fun ok it can happen to uh also so shut up

2tite2014 - i 9 dude finasteride. Is good treatment for hair but i m just 17 nd i hv read many articles dat r saying side effects are not going of finasteride. After stop taking finasteride. also...can i use s5 cream instead of finasteride.??

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
S5 cream doesn't have much evidence supporting its efficacy. The side effects of finasteride are rare, and the stories you read online are from a very vocal minority. There isn't any scientific evidence that the sides are permanent, all we have are anecdotes from anonymous strangers on the internet. There are thousands of men prescribed finasteride who take it daily for years with no issues. All the guys that aren't having problems aren't going online and complaining, they're out living their lives. Your age may be somewhat of a concern, but there are some guys on these forums that have been taking it since they were 16 without issue. If you do decide to get on finasteride, discuss this with your doctor/dermatologist. But if you want to keep your hair for decades to come, you will need finasteride.

Shobi

Reaction score
Kk thx dude for ur advice!!!! But i m not dat bald i dont hv a bald patch too ...but when i spike my hair i can see scalp through my hair nd sometimes on sides nd middle of hair too..i hv hair but sometimes i can see my scalp through my hair...i think dat it is diffuse thinning but my dr saying i hv male pattern baldness...as my mom brothers nd father are bald but on my dad has full head of hair

Shobi

Reaction score
Ok cocohot

- - - Updated - - -

Currently i am taking 2 tablets adgain and pheloxy-hc ..one in the morning nd one before sleeping..i am currently shampooing my hair 2 times a week with ketoconazole 2% shampoo...i m now thinking of adding minoxdil and anemixil solution nd s5 cream to my regimen

- - - Updated - - -

Nd can i cure my prob. As my age is 17 only

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone reply??

Shobi

Reaction score
No melo325 i m afraid of finasteride side effects as i m only 17 ..finasteride can cause cancer too...i would prefer bald rather than dieing

- - - Updated - - -

Melo325 plz tell me i should use minoxidil only or minoxidil with 1.5 anemixil solution??

Shobi

Reaction score
Ok dude but tell me should i use minoxidil alone or should i use hair 4 u minoxidil with 1.5% anemixil solution

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
i m 17.5 male ...plz someone answer my ques in detail?..i m suffering from male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness) i can see my scalp from side nd middle of my hair...i have consulted a dr. Nd he recommended me ketaconazole 2 times a week ...minoxidil with aminexil solution one time a day nd propecia but i dont want to take propecia becoz of sides ..so anyone cn tell me is spironolactone cream any gud?? Nd minoxidil with aminexil is good for male pattern baldness or i should take minoxidil only ...plz answer my question

Shobi,

Propecia is going to be your best option available if you want to keep your hair in the longterm. Finasteride (branded Propecia) has a very low chance of causing side effects and has a good safety profile. If you take the medication and are in the very small minority who does gets side effects, you can simply quit the treatment and they'll subside. The point is, it will not hurt to try.

The evidence of topical Spironolactone cream to help treat Androgenetic Alopecia is vague. Ketoconazole and Minoxidil will help, but are secondary and will not stop the balding process. Finasteride is going to be the first line treatment, so you'll need to take it if you don't want to keep losing hair.

Other than that, the chances of going totally bald are going to be a lot higher than getting side effects from Finasteride. :roll:

Shobi

Reaction score
I really dont think i need finasteride....how to upload a pic i m new to this site ..i hv long hair i dont think u will be able to see my scalp too...how to upload pic plz tell me

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really dont think i need finasteride....how to upload a pic i m new to this site ..i hv long hair i dont think u will be able to see my scalp too...how to upload pic plz tell me

If you really do have Male Pattern Baldness, then you will need Finasteride. Just because you're not totally bald doesn't mean you don't need Finasteride. There have been many men who were in the earliest stages of hair loss who thought they didn't need Finasteride and also because they were scared of getting side effects. Then when their hair loss starts getting bad, they start taking Finasteride, with the vast majority responding well with no side side effects along with keeping the hair they have left and wishing so badly that they got on the medication when they were in the earliest signs of Male Pattern Baldness. Again, that has happened to many men.

Now, I don't want to come off as rude and/or pressuring you to take Finasteride, though I'm just telling you what the reality is and only want to help. You can post pics by linking them to attachments.

--------

This thread has been moved from "Success Stories" to "Men's General Hair Loss Discussions".

Shobi

Reaction score
Ok man thxxx...will upload pics under some light so u can see my problem easily

- - - Updated - - -

How to link pictures to attachments ...lol

- - - Updated - - -

?

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
We're telling you to get finasteride because it is the ONLY thing out there that is proven to actually stop hair loss. Everything else is bunk. finasteride doesn't cause cancer, and its side effects are rare and mild. Don't waste your time trying every lotion and potion out there. finasteride is the ONLY thing that stops balding.

Shobi

Reaction score
Kk but alone finasteride.. will also not work so tell me should i use minoxidil liquid only or should i use minoxidil liquid with 1.5 anemixil ( hair4u)

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia reduces your risk of prostate cancer, but increases your risk of high-grade cancer? Something like that. It's either finasteride/dutasteride or experimentals or shave your head.

Shobi

Reaction score
Ok ok thxx guys but tell me along wid finasteride. I should use minoxidil only or minoxidil with 1.5 anemixil (hair4u)

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it sucks, While Barry from "The Chuckle Brothers" Search them up has a full head of hair at age 70 and then there are people like us losing it at a young age.