Male Pattern Baldness = A Horrible Male Disease!

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like hair loss is a male disease ! So many men are affected by it!

After a man is over 35, 40 it's a pestilence:

This is a picture from yesterday, Depeche Mode concert in the UK:

22519310_10156910502155329_3027456384271203773_n.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg

blackg

Reaction score
The thing is.. Everyone making these smug comments will one day be in the near exact same situation.

Maybe they subconsciously know this and leaving these comments are a form of coping.

Age catches all of us. You can not outrun it.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
No matter how beautiful or ugly you are, whether you're rich or poor, whether you're happy or sad, we all have to die.

The only justice on this planet

"It's not about the destination,it's about the journey."

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol @ it being men making those comments. It really is indicative of such low character, even when said in jest. It brings to mind something @Wolf Pack always says, which is that men will always look for any advantage they have over other men, and will attempt to expose that for their own benefit. Sad.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going bald until I started using "groganics" I only joined this group to let people know how happy I am and I want all of you to try it before giving up. DON'T use penis killed monasteries. This stuff works just as good . On 2 weeks I have one nominal results. Anyone else???

thx for advice

nw0 after first day on this natural remedy

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Lots of bald heads! But lots of youth there as well!" -Lance C McDaniels, 21y/old douchebag
Two years later in front of mirror...."Feels bad man" -Lance C McDaniels, 23y/old *balding* douchebag

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, sadly it's a weakness that will be exposed in some way or another for a particular purpose. UK really does have some hardcore balding genes. Not surprised to see the menopause and balding comment, heard that before in the UK.

Is that your hair in your profile pic? If so, I'm 'mirin. Not a huge fan of the way you have it styled (if I had that hairline and density I'd texturize it more and make it a bit more messy, though it may be the dark lighting that's hiding the texture), but it's sick density and hairline. Congrats.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After a transplant, that's it. Thanks buddy, it means a lot when someone on here says it who his own hair battles. I style it in different ways and have done it all with and without beard/stubble. Here it was more for my surgeon who wanted to see the temple points. This is the type of I style I adopt at the moment before it grows out real fast, back and sides are number 1 for me usually. I use wet look gel to give it a slightly messy look rather than slicked back straight. It looks natural and not too groomed.

View attachment 66980

View attachment 66981

What's your Norwood and regimen? Good luck and never give up!!

Thanks. My regimen is nonexistent and basically has always been. I've used Nizoral 1% shampoo for about 8 years now, but that's just to keep my seb derm at bay. I just use concealers and the last two years or so started styling my hair differently (read: combover, whereas it used to be parted in the middle; unfortunately my pattern of diffusion/loss is very unusual, so my front center is basically decimated now, so the middle part isn't viable even with concealer - it's too obvious).

I'm just praying that Brotzu lotion comes out by mid-2018 and can give me back some density and maybe .5-1.0 norwood, I have both "normal" male pattern baldness (temple recession and balding crown) and retrograde alopecia (side, back, and nape all diffusely thinning, plus diffusion all over the scalp in an uneven manner. And like I said, the front center has been hit especially hard). On the Norwood scale I'm probably pushing a 3 - like a 2.75 maybe. My vertex is 80-85% bald in a huge patchy area. But even with my combover to somewhat hide the temple recession and the center thinning, my forehead is huge. I'm still an attractive guy, but I've always been very self-conscious (it runs in my family), even when I was in my aesthetic prime at age 17-22 when by all accounts I was pushing a 9 in terms of looks. So more than anything, I want my hair back so I can be less self-conscious about it.

Lately the angle I want to pursue is to get a full endocrine blood panel done to see if any of my levels are off which could account for my atypical pattern of loss (in addition to the odd pattern, my hair simply falls out VERY easily, which is how most of my loss occurs - every time I shampoo, or after I apply concealer and comb through my hair, a lot falls out. I'm wondering if there is a reason my hair is so fragile). I also sweat excessively exclusively from my face/head, and my sweating and hair loss started roughly around the same time (right when I was about to turn 16 - I'm now 39 years old), so I wonder if there's a hormonal issue. I've also contemplated taking finasteride, but I think I'll see if I can wait for Brotzu given the potential for sides.

Last edited:

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. My regimen is nonexistent and basically has always been. I've used Nizoral 1% shampoo for about 8 years now, but that's just to keep my seb derm at bay. I just use concealers and the last two years or so started styling my hair differently (read: combover, whereas it used to be parted in the middle; unfortunately my pattern of diffusion/loss is very unusual, so my front center is basically decimated now, so the middle part isn't viable even with concealer - it's too obvious).

I'm just praying that Brotzu lotion comes out by mid-2018 and can give me back some density and maybe .5-1.0 norwood, I have both "normal" male pattern baldness (temple recession and balding crown) and retrograde alopecia (side, back, and nape all diffusely thinning, plus diffusion all over the scalp in an uneven manner. And like I said, the front center has been hit especially hard). On the Norwood scale I'm probably pushing a 3 - like a 2.75 maybe. My vertex is 80-85% bald in a huge patchy area. But even with my combover to somewhat hide the temple recession and the center thinning, my forehead is huge. I'm still an attractive guy, but I've always been very self-conscious (it runs in my family), even when I was in my aesthetic prime at age 17-22 when by all accounts I was pushing a 9 in terms of looks. So more than anything, I want my hair back so I can be less self-conscious about it.

Lately the angle I want to pursue is to get a full endocrine blood panel done to see if any of my levels are off which could account for my atypical pattern of loss (in addition to the odd pattern, my hair simply falls out VERY easily, which is how most of my loss occurs - every time I shampoo, or after I apply concealer and comb through my hair, a lot falls out. I'm wondering if there is a reason my hair is so fragile). I also sweat excessively exclusively from my face/head, and my sweating and hair loss started roughly around the same time (right when I was about to turn 16 - I'm now 39 years old), so I wonder if there's a hormonal issue. I've also contemplated taking finasteride, but I think I'll see if I can wait for Brotzu given the potential for sides.

LOL. Waiting for Brotzu. Brotzu is vaporware dude. I'll be surprised if Fidia ever releases, yet alone by the middle of next year. Try finasteride, you most likely won't get sides, only 2-5 percent do, and the vast majority of the time they go away upon ceasing it even if they do. You might want to at least add Rogaine.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like you're very diffuse NW5/6. I relate to feeling self conscious feeling, remember it very well. It eats up every area of life. Since obtaining a full head, I feel so much better. This insecurity is real and natural. You're about 8 years older than me, strongly advice you to have a transplant even with retrograde - it can be possible provided you stabilise with finasteride. First I'd say get on finasteride and stabilise for 2 years, if it continues to get worse you may not be a transplant candidate sadly. Rogaine is good too for growth. Don't wait for future treatments, live in the present in my opinion. Future is unpredictable.

I doubt it's a hormonal issue but not harm in checking.

Yeah, I think that at a minimum I'll go for a consultation re: a transplant soon with someone (hopefully) reputable and see if they think I'm a viable candidate. I still wouldn't be surprised if the cause is hormonal and/or immune related, and if it is - and I can treat it and it improves the state of my hair - then I'll certainly be kicking myself for not pursuing it decades ago. I've been diffusing/receding since 16. Fortunately I had a hell of a thick mop of hair and low hairline to start with, or things would be even worse right now. Finasteride I'm just too skittish about for now. Thanks for the advice. :)