male height to Norwood scale

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL fred, I said just leave them.

Most of these guys are delusional and also think hair loss has nothing to do with health. :shakehead:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
Maybe I should follow your advice, so true, I looked so healthy when my hair was heavilly diffused, no it's not a health problem, it's just genetics you know :), people asked me if I was sick or if I had chemo, but nothing to do with health, last post here :innocent:
They told you you look like a chemo patient because you are an scrawny pale white dude with the face of a boy. You would look horrible with a shaved head, nothing to do with health, just the perception of society about how you look.

If you were a muscular black dude they would say you look like a rough SOB.
:whistle:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
What about your last post?

You definitely need to gain a few pounds to rock the shaved look, and you even have a thick hair shadow there which makes the look easier on the eyes

Seriously, if you had some muscles you would look like a generic MMA fighter, and that is not a bad look these days

s.a.f

Reaction score
jijijijiji said:

Most of these guys are delusional and also think hair loss has nothing to do with health. :shakehead:

[attachment=2:1qrunpas]bald-celebrities-chris-judd-01-600x400-600x400.jpg[/attachment:1qrunpas]

[attachment=1:1qrunpas]article-0-00F98F18000004B0-367_306x398.jpg[/attachment:1qrunpas]

[attachment=0:1qrunpas]lee_before_91803a.jpg[/attachment:1qrunpas]

:jackit:

Attachments

• bald-celebrities-chris-judd-01-600x400-600x400.jpg
    bald-celebrities-chris-judd-01-600x400-600x400.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 204
  • article-0-00F98F18000004B0-367_306x398.jpg
    article-0-00F98F18000004B0-367_306x398.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 508
  • lee_before_91803a.jpg
    lee_before_91803a.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 514

s.a.f

Reaction score
So by your logic those bald sports guys must be in even worse health than the cancer guys. Whilst there are peope in 3rd world countries dying of malnutricion with NW1's your logic is bullshit. Lol if only they knew about curcurmin and sunfower seeds hey? :whistle:

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
jijijijiji said:

[attachment=2:3uvunl8g]bald-celebrities-chris-judd-01-600x400-600x400.jpg[/attachment:3uvunl8g]

[attachment=1:3uvunl8g]article-0-00F98F18000004B0-367_306x398.jpg[/attachment:3uvunl8g]

[attachment=0:3uvunl8g]lee_before_91803a.jpg[/attachment:3uvunl8g]

:jackit:

Nope wrong, being an athlete =/= being healthy. Athletes TEND to be healthy but being an athlete does not make you healthy.

s.a.f said:
So by your logic those bald sports guys must be in even worse health than the cancer guys. Whilst there are peope in 3rd world countries dying of malnutricion with NW1's your logic is bullshit. Lol if only they knew about curcurmin and sunfower seeds hey? :whistle:

Nice strawman s.a.f. , No one is saying baldness means your sicker than a cancer patient or some third world person dying of malnutrition.

There is a clear link between male pattern baldness and health.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
Where is that clear link?
Seriously, there is a link with DHT and has been tested several times. Where is that clear link concerning diet and lifestyle?

This is as stupid as the people believing that baldness is an evolutionary way of getting rid of weak humans.
Bald black guys don't look "unhealthy" or have troubles finding girls. Baldness sucks, but don't go around claiming it's something it's not

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
jijijijiji said:
Where is that clear link?
Seriously, there is a link with DHT and has been tested several times. Where is that clear link concerning diet and lifestyle?

This is as stupid as the people believing that baldness is an evolutionary way of getting rid of weak humans.
Bald black guys don't look "unhealthy" or have troubles finding girls. Baldness sucks, but don't go around claiming it's something it's not

Move along guys, just keep taking your finasteride nothing to see here.. :whistle:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lance ... 40-6736(00)02763-X/fulltext

The previously proven association between androgenetic, alopecia and serious cardiovascular events raises a question of the common pathogenetic mechanism of these disorders. Our practice-based case-control study in men aged 19—50 years showed a strikingly increased risk of hyperinsulinaemia and insulin-resistance-associated disorders such as obesity, hypertension, and dislipidaemia in men with early onset of alopecia (<35), compared with age-matched controls. This finding supports the hypothesis that early androgenetic alopecia could be a clinical marker of insulin resistance

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19094069

Androgenetic alopecia and insulin resistance in young men.
González-González JG, Mancillas-Adame LG, Fernández-Reyes M, Gómez-Flores M, Lavalle-González FJ, Ocampo-Candiani J, Villarreal-Pérez JZ.
Source

Servicio de Endocrinologia, Dr Jose Eleuterio Gonzalez University Hospital, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Ave. Madero y Gonzalitos S/N, Monterrey, Mexico. jgonzalezg@fm.uanl.mx
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Epidemiological studies have associated androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) with severe young-age coronary artery disease and hypertension, and linked it to insulin resistance. We carried out a case-control study in age- and weight-matched young males to study the link between Androgenetic Alopecia and insulin resistance using the homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) index or metabolic syndrome clinical manifestations.
METHODS:

Eighty young males, 18-35 years old, with Androgenetic Alopecia > or = stage III in the Hamilton-Norwood classification, and 80 weight- and age-matched controls were included. Alopecia, glucose, serum insulin, HOMA-IR index, lipid profile and androgen levels, as well as metabolic syndrome criteria, were evaluated.
RESULTS:

The HOMA-IR index was significantly higher in cases than controls. Nonobese cases had a higher mean diastolic blood pressure and a more frequent family history of Androgenetic Alopecia than nonobese controls. A borderline difference in the HOMA-IR index was found in obese Androgenetic Alopecia cases vs. obese controls [P = 0.055, 95% confidence interval (CI) 2.36-4.20 vs. 1.75-2.73]. Free testosterone values were significantly higher in controls than cases, regardless of body mass index (BMI). A statistically significant additive effect for obesity plus alopecia was found, with significant trends for insulin, the HOMA-IR index, lipids and free testosterone when BMI and alopecia status were used to classify the participants.
CONCLUSIONS:

Our results support the recommendation for assessing insulin resistance and cardiovascular-related features and disorders in all young males with stage III or higher Androgenetic Alopecia, according to the Hamilton-Norwood classification.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... x/abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16552990

Premature androgenic alopecia and insulin resistance. Male equivalent of polycystic ovary syndrome?
Starka L, Duskova M, Cermakova I, Vrbiková J, Hill M.
Source

Institute of Endocrinology, Narodni 8, CZ 116 94 Prague 1, Czech Republic. lstarka@endo.cz
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), the most frequent endocrinopathy in women with estimated prevalence of 5-10 %, is characterised by a hormonal and metabolic imbalance of polygene autosomal trait. The complexity of symptoms and genetic base started up the hypothesis on the existence of male equivalent of PCOS. Precocious loss of hair before 30 years of age was suggested as one of the male symptoms of this syndrome.
OBJECTIVES:

The aim was to confirm the association of lower levels of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and sexual hormone binding globulin (SHBG) or higher free androgen index (FAI) in premature balding men with a reduced insulin sensitivity.
PATIENTS/METHODS:

The study included 30 men with premature hair loss (defined as grade 3 vertex or more on the alopecia classification scale by Hamilton with Norwood modification) starting before 30 years of age. The hormonal values of the investigated group were compared with those regarded as normal reference values obtained in a group of 256 males in the age of 20-40 years during the Czech population study of iodine deficiency. In all men with premature baldness besides hormonal level determinations insulin tolerance test was carried out.
RESULTS:

The observed group was divided into two subgroups. The first one showed similar hormonal changes as women with PCOS, namely subnormal SHBG, FSH or increased FAI. The other had either no anomalies in steroid spectrum or only lower SHBG. The groups did not differ either in BMI or in age. The group with hormonal profile resembling that of women with PCOS, showed significantly higher insulin resistance than the group without these changes.
CONCLUSIONS:

The findings are consistent with the hypothesis that at least a part of the men with premature androgenic alopecia could be considered as a male equivalent of the polycystic ovary syndrome of the women. These premature balding men represent a risk group for the development of impaired glucose tolerance or diabetes mellitus type 2.

http://cpr.sagepub.com/content/8/3/147.short

Abstract

Context The relationship of ischaemic heart disease (IHD) with androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) has been demonstrated, but no differentiation between early and late onsets of alopecia with regard to the risk and severity of IHD has been made.

Objective To test if the early onset of alopecia is a risk factor for early severe, coronary artery disease (CAD) requiring surgery and to test if the early onset of Androgenetic Alopecia differs in this respect from the late onset of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Design Population-based case-control study.

Setting and participants All the 85 male persons living on 31 December 1999 in a Finnish town with total population of 7200, who had had a coronary revascularization procedure between March 1987 and January 1999, were drawn from the discharge register. For each case, an individually selected age-matched control person living in the same town was drawn from the official census register.

Main outcome measure Alopecia defined as grade 3 vertex or more on the alopecia classification scale of Hamilton, modified by Norwood South Med J, 68:1359-1365, 1975.

Results The unadjusted odds ratio (OR) for coronary revascularization under the age of 60 years was 3.57 (95% confidence interval (CI) 1.19-10.72) in men with an early onset of Androgenetic Alopecia compared with men with normal hair status or late Androgenetic Alopecia. After multivariate adjustment for the traditional CAD risk factors, the corresponding OR was 3.18 (95% CI, 1.01-10.03). The unadjusted OR for the coronary revascularization procedure at any age was 2.14 (95% CI, 1.08-4.23) in the subgroup of the men with early Androgenetic Alopecia compared to those with late Androgenetic Alopecia or normal hair status. After adjustment for traditional risk factors this OR was 1.84, being nearly significant (95% CI, 0.90-3.77).

Conclusion Our results support the hypothesis that the early onset of Androgenetic Alopecia is a risk factor for an early onset of severe coronary heart disease. J Cardiovasc Risk 2001, 8:147-151 © 2001 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
en.jpg

I could do with a tan too :)

Oh and by the way I weigh 5 kg more than on the picture now :)

I haven't been on this forum for ages, logged on out of shere boredom.

You seem like one of the weirdiest posters on here for a while though.

You look like a freak. Reading between the lines you seem to be trolling about how happy you are your diffusing as opposed to receeding. Well it all works out to the same thing you strange f***.

Not suprised your belgian either, thats a country that really has its measure of weird pedofile types.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
I reported your post.

You look like a normal average guy. Most people on this forum are cowards who would never post their pictures. A lot of people here also get pissed when someone has success with anything that's not finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral. Thus insulting your picture is the best way for them to have "revenge" at your success.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
I copied and pasted one study that should not be there because it was looking at a metabolic syndrome population with a small sample. It was not controlled for age either. My mistake.

The rest confirm a link. You cannot deny this.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I've not noted him doing that.

Irrespectively, no need to place a judgment on a person cos of how you perceive they look, nor on whole nations. Didn't like his style!
He once made fun of me because "he wasn't bald and I was"
Some pages before around here he made fun of people using propecia because they have ED issues and bald people in general

Come on, now are we going to get offended if people call Americans fat gun lovers? I guess he crossed the line but let's not blow it out of proportion

jijijijiji said:
I copied and pasted one study that should not be there because it was looking at a metabolic syndrome population with a small sample. My mistake.

And you can't deny there are other studies that contradict that. I have posted at least three before that contradict the cardiovascular link.
You didn't only quoted one that "shouldn't be there" you quoted one that contradicted your claims

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
monty1978 said:
I've not noted him doing that.

Irrespectively, no need to place a judgment on a person cos of how you perceive they look, nor on whole nations. Didn't like his style!
He once made fun of me because "he wasn't bald and I was"
Some pages before around here he made fun of people using propecia because they have ED issues and bald people in general

Come on, now are we going to get offended if people call Americans fat gun lovers? I guess he crossed the line but let's not blow it out of proportion

jijijijiji said:
I copied and pasted one study that should not be there because it was looking at a metabolic syndrome population with a small sample. My mistake.

And you can't deny there are other studies that contradict that. I have posted at least three before that contradict the cardiovascular link.
You didn't only quoted one that "shouldn't be there" you quoted one that contradicted your claims

Read again you daft idiot. There is no control for age and it looks at a sample of THIRTY people who already have metabolic syndrome.

It is not a contradicting study.

Bottom line: Young balder's have health risks. And yes indeed taking curcumin is beneficial.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
Read again you daft idiot. There is no control for age and it looks at a sample of THIRTY people who already have metabolic syndrome.

Only 30? I see 120.
And I am the one not reading?

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
jijijijiji said:

Only 30? I see 120.
And I am the one not reading?

30 people with Androgenetic Alopecia and metabolic syndrome. You need a way bigger sample. I am aware there are 120 participants.

And you cannot read because it's not age controlled for young balders.

You refuse to look at the other studies which run counter to your beliefs.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
Br J Dermatol. 2010 Apr 23.
Association of Androgenetic Alopecia with Metabolic Syndrome in Men: A Community-based Survey.
Su LH, Hsiu-Hsi Chen T.

Department of Dermatology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital.

Abstract
ABSTRACT Background: Several previous studies have investigated the association between factors related to metabolic syndrome (MetS), which is known to increase the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease, and androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). However, the results of these studies have been inconsistent. Objective: To elucidate if there is an association between MetS and Androgenetic Alopecia after adjustment for potential confounders. Patients/Methods: A population-based cross-sectional survey was conducted in Tainan, Taiwan. A total of 740 subjects aged 40 to 91 years participated in the survey between April and June 2005. Norwood classifications were used to assess the degree of hair loss. Information on components of MetS along with other possible risk factors was collected. Results: A statistically significant association was found between Androgenetic Alopecia and the presence of the MetS (OR= 1.67, 95% CI: 1.01, 2.74) as well as between Androgenetic Alopecia and the number of fulfilled MetS components (OR= 1.21, 95% CI: 1.03, 1.42) after controlling for age, family history of Androgenetic Alopecia, and smoking status. Among MetS components, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) (OR= 2.36, 95% CI: 1.41, 3.95, p= 0.001) was revealed as the most important factor associated with Androgenetic Alopecia. Conclusions: Our population-based study found a significant association between Androgenetic Alopecia and MetS; among MetS components, HDL was found to be of particular importance. This finding may have significant implications for the identification of MetS in moderate or severe Androgenetic Alopecia patients. Early intervention for MetS is critical to reduce the risk and complications of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus later in life.

:jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
30 people with Androgenetic Alopecia and metabolic syndrome. You need a way bigger sample. I am aware there are 120 participants.
Agree with that

And you cannot read because it's not age controlled for young balders.
Wrong. Did you even read the results?

You refuse to look at the other studies which run counter to your beliefs.
And you aren't doing the same thing?
You were making fun of me when I asked you why you quoted that study and now you are saying you quoted a wrong study
Where did you got the original post? You might ask them to change it

Edit: Did you really quoted another article that says that results are inconsistent?