Male Balding May Be Cured By Injecting Epilepsy Drug Into Scalp [click Bait Title]

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah never got around to valproic acid. Too many drugs out there to experiment with. Maybe ill give it a try with needling in a few months.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do users of valproic acid, epilepy patients, report hair loss as a common side effect? Its clear that VPA is a wnt activator and that plays a role in tissue regeneration. Something tells me that applying VPA after wounding could be efficacious. No ones really tried it though.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can somebody copy and paste the article here pretty please.

The newscientist is a great publication. Looking forward to reading it.

Hobo hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't understand if valproic acid is the same thing as sodium valproate.

Sodium Valproate is what we call in chemistry the salt Valproic Acid. Once Sod Valproate is put in a solution of water or what is compatible it becomes Valproic Acid which means Valproic Acid is a solution.

Hobo hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do users of valproic acid, epilepy patients, report hair loss as a common side effect? Its clear that VPA is a wnt activator and that plays a role in tissue regeneration. Something tells me that applying VPA after wounding could be efficacious. No ones really tried it though.

Topical effects are not the same as taking a medication orally in some situations.
I believe the I have read dermarolling is the real deal. 1.5mm once a week followed by topical VPA. Skip other meds right after dermarolling.
Don't forget Castor Oil 70%/ Isopropyl Alc 30% applied to the scalp increases PDG2, the good guy. Leave on for about 2 hours for absorption.
I swear by regular use of anti dandruff shampoos which rid the hair of the invisible Malessezia yeast (fungus) which causes inflammation and increased sebum production.