Male 26 (with Pics) - My Race Against male pattern baldness Just Started

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

The last 6 month has been really odd.
I have never really thought about that I one day I could lose my hair. First of all because I have the thickest hair (like an afro). I have the exact same type of hair as my dad and he's almost 70 with hair on his head - so why should i be worried. Second of all because no one from my dads side had male pattern baldness (different story from my moms side).

I first started noticing that my hairline was getting thinner and thinner. My follicles in the front was getting very weak. And then I took a picture (high key lighting) and I could see that my crown area was thinning too. Furthermore my scalp is very itchy and almost every time I scratch my scalp I see hair falling out. I have tried oil tree shampoo for a while now but it's not helping at all.

I have booked a meeting with a dermatologist but it's not before June.

I am 100 % sure that I have male pattern baldness and losing my hair so early is not an option.

So my questions are?

What would you do in my shoes?
What can I do about the itchy scalp?

Looking forward to get some advices from you guys!

Attachments

• 20180312_113915.jpg
    20180312_113915.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 20180312_114456.jpg
    20180312_114456.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 316
  • 20180312_115058.jpg
    20180312_115058.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 20180312_115230.jpg
    20180312_115230.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 20180312_115346.jpg
    20180312_115346.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 300

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't really tell, doesn't look like you have any hair loss. Keep an eye on it for now and if it gets any worse you'll have to get on minoxidil and finasteride. But that's only after you've confirmed it is indeed hairloss. If your hair doesn't change much but you still feel as though you have hair loss get a scalp biopsy done by a dermatologist so that they can confirm if there's any thinning.

SamiGran

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't really tell, doesn't look like you have any hair loss. Keep an eye on it for now and if it gets any worse you'll have to get on minoxidil and finasteride. But that's only after you've confirmed it is indeed hairloss. If your hair doesn't change much but you still feel as though you have hair loss get a scalp biopsy done by a dermatologist so that they can confirm if there's any thinning.

Thank you for the quick reply! You have any idea what I could do about the itchy scalp? It's killing me

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply! You have any idea what I could do about the itchy scalp? It's killing me

I'm not sure about the itchy scalp. I think there's some members here who have itchy scalps though so maybe they could help.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have never really thought about that I one day I could lose my hair. First of all because I have the thickest hair (like an afro). I have the exact same type of hair as my dad and he's almost 70 with hair on his head - so why should i be worried. Second of all because no one from my dads side had male pattern baldness (different story from my moms side).

I first started noticing that my hairline was getting thinner and thinner. My follicles in the front was getting very weak. And then I took a picture (high key lighting) and I could see that my crown area was thinning too. Furthermore my scalp is very itchy and almost every time I scratch my scalp I see hair falling out. I have tried oil tree shampoo for a while now but it's not helping at all.

I am 100 % sure that I have male pattern baldness and losing my hair so early is not an option.

So my questions are?

Hi everyone.

So my questions are?

Yep normally starts mid to late 20's for men, gotta give up fapping....forever.

(sorry my previous comment was incomplete, reply feature on here can be wonky)

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol are there even any people on this site these days who have actual hair loss? I'm beginning to think not.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
I will never ask a young guy to show the proof of hairloss to me by asking for pics.

Instead..I would ask..

How many hairs do you lose nowadays?
Is the count normal,
is your hairloss increased in recent times?

When I was nw0 at 15..
more than 5 hairs used to come out every single time I tried to mildly pluck my hairs by three fingers.

This is most important nor formal confirmatory examination of hairloss done by young men.

blackg

Reaction score
I will never ask a young guy to show the proof of hairloss to me by asking for pics.

Instead..I would ask..

How many hairs do you lose nowadays?
Is the count normal,
is your hairloss increased in recent times?

When I was nw0 at 15..
more than 5 hairs used to come out every single time I tried to mildly pluck my hairs by three fingers.

This is most important nor formal confirmatory examination of hairloss done by young men.
That's right. We shouldn't be too strict in our judgements on hair loss.

If a guy has taken the step to actually sign up to this site, then hair loss of some kind is clearly bothering him.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This looks more stressed out hair than anything. Your dad still got his hair so Im very sure their is no hairloss to balding in your case. Whats your diet? Stress at work? Girlfriend cheated on you with confident norwood 5? (Joking I hope).

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's right. We shouldn't be too strict in our judgements on hair loss.

If a guy has taken the step to actually sign up to this site, then hair loss of some kind is clearly bothering him.

Its crazy that we as men are so in need of hair. Many young men are scared to death of balding lol. Good times we live.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
This looks more stressed out hair than anything. Your dad still got his hair so Im very sure their is no hairloss to balding in your case. Whats your diet? Stress at work? Girlfriend cheated on you with confident norwood 5? (Joking I hope).

I am repeating this...

Never diagnose a rare disease..

This is advice once my senior sir gave us on my first day of medical life.

That sir is now vice dean of my medical college.

The more you try to experiment,the more you will wreck your easy incoming success.

Go with the obvious ,if you want to be successful in life.This way of thinking is applicable in every part of life.

Don't complicate it.

To find another possible diagnosis is subject to further investigations if required.
(Second attempt.)

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am repeating this...

Never diagnose a rare disease..

This is advice once my senior sir gave us on my first day of medical life.

That sir is now vice dean of my medical college.

The more you try to experiment,the more you will wreck your easy incoming success.

Go with the obvious ,if you want to be successful in life.This way of thinking is applicable in every part of life.

Don't complicate it.

To find another possible diagnosis is subject to further investigations if required.
(Second attempt.)

You are overthinking in some sort of autistic level. A forum about "medical" related stuff should only give you feedback/stuff to consider think about it. If you actualy trust "hairlossbruh69" and stop taking (or start to) lets say finasterid without talking to at least a doctor, you deserve to get bald. To me it clearly looks stressed. To others he is norwood 12 tomorrow. And a lot thinking he has completly good hair.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
During stressfull times (girlfriend kicked me out, no job) my hair went incredibly bad. Stress is a big factor but does not cause hairloss into balding.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
You are overthinking in some sort of autistic level. A forum about "medical" related stuff should only give you feedback/stuff to consider think about it. If you actualy trust "hairlossbruh69" and stop taking (or start to) lets say finasterid without talking to at least a doctor, you deserve to get bald. To me it clearly looks stressed. To others he is norwood 12 tomorrow. And a lot thinking he has completly good hair.

When did i talked about finasteride without Rx from Doctor?

I was talking about your retarded post #15 done in this thread.