Making Your Own Less Oily Minoxidil Liquid Solution.. Anyone's Experience?

Ryanr01234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have long hair and liquid Minoxidil is far too oily and makes my hair look greasy as hell, so I use the foam as it dries quicker; however, the foam is hard to apply directly to the scalp and I feel like 50% goes on the hair strands. Ideally, I'd like to use a dropper and apply it directly to the scalp as I do with stemoxydine, which dries within 10 minutes. I have tried heating the foam to a liquid but the liquid drys as it cools down turning into a vasoline, gel-like substance, and gets stuck in the dropper.

So I was thinking about making my own less oily Minoxidil solution. I would do this by taking a 10% Minoxidil solution and mixing it with something less oily and something that drys quicker like stemoxydine. I use about 4mls for full coverage, so 2mls of a 10% Minoxidil liquid with 2mls of stemoxydine should equal 4mls of a 5% minoxidil and stemoxydine solution. Hopefully, it will be half as oily as your typical liquid minoxidil.

I guess the question is has anyone tried the above, or something similar? before I go ahead and buy the 10% solution; which doesn't look like it's going to be easy to get hold of (being based in the UK)

Ryanr01234

My Regimen
Reaction score

jazz1

Reaction score
Try and see then....