Making your own graduated density hairline on a system?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a hair system with too dense a hairline and then made it graduated density themselves? I wonder if it's easy to do. Obviously it's better to buy a system with a proper graduated density hairline, but is it possible to DIY it too? I know how to thin out the density of hair systems using a thinning scissors, but I've never done it on a hairline. I'm actually thinking of plucking the hairline on my current system to thin about the hairline a bit, as I don't think it's graduated enough.

Last edited:

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
you can def thin out the hairline if your brave enough... if you search on youtube, there are alot of videos of women plucking the hairline to look more natural and less dense. its pretty easy , but you have to be careful to not thin it out too much. The other method is using veet or hair removal and dotting it onto the lace in the areas you want to thin out. Personally i would use the tweezers and pluck it as it is more under your control.. Have a look on youtube for hairline plucking on a wig.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen MG Ford thin out a hair system using hair removal cream dotted on the base. Only works on a lace base.
I'm using an IPad so cant copy and paste videos on here. But look it up on his YouTube.

Video is called:
How to thin and reduce hair density in a hair replacement system(lace) with a look at grey hair %
Dated 22 Dec 2020.

And you should find it on YouTube.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you can def thin out the hairline if your brave enough... if you search on youtube, there are alot of videos of women plucking the hairline to look more natural and less dense. its pretty easy , but you have to be careful to not thin it out too much. The other method is using veet or hair removal and dotting it onto the lace in the areas you want to thin out. Personally i would use the tweezers and pluck it as it is more under your control.. Have a look on youtube for hairline plucking on a wig.

Thanks, yes these women - black women especially - seem to be experts with hairpieces, don't they? I will try the tweezer method for plucking the hairline to make it look more realistic. I was wondering - when we remove hairs from the hairline with tweezers, does it take out the roots/knots of those hairs too, or does it snap off above them?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen MG Ford thin out a hair system using hair removal cream dotted on the base. Only works on a lace base.
I'm using an IPad so cant copy and paste videos on here. But look it up on his YouTube.

Video is called:
How to thin and reduce hair density in a hair replacement system(lace) with a look at grey hair %
Dated 22 Dec 2020.

And you should find it on YouTube.

Thanks, I'll look it up. Curtis also has a video on plucking the hairline too. I don't know why hairlines often aren't graduated enough, even on custom systems. How is the hairline on your custom system from HairHub?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look it up. Curtis also has a video on plucking the hairline too. I don't know why hairlines often aren't graduated enough, even on custom systems. How is the hairline on your custom system from HairHub?

I never expose the hairline...

And right now it's unbelievably hot and humid inside. 30 degree C roughly.
Making me not want to do anything.