Making lace disappear? What’s your method

JacobT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the largely is subjective, but I’m curious to hear everyone’s method for making their lace front disappear

I personally make sure everything is clean and shaved down. Then, I apply 3-4 layers of Ghost Bond Supreme (to the front only, the rest is taped). Once dried, I begin pressing down on the lace. Nonetheless, the lace is still somewhat visible in washroom lighting.

Also, I’ve seen some women use foundation or concealer on the lace line... anyone try that?

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't wear (yet) but I didn't even think this was an issue. I always thought after a few layers of ghost bond that the lace just gets hidden in it. Are you sure the color of the lace isn't just a tad too dark (or light) for your skin tone?

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'v seen some guys use mattifies to remove the shine of the bond and make it blend more with the skin

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It just disappears. I don't know how. It's a miracle tbh. I use 4 layers of Ghostbond Platinum.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best way to make lace 'disappear' is to have bleached knots on any parts of the lace which are exposed, i.e the hairline and any partings. If these areas don't have bleached knots, then there will be little black dots.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a good video on how to hide the black dots in lace:

She recommends NOT using a matt concealer, as real life scalps have a bit of shine to them.

Don't be afraid to take advice from a woman about hairpieces btw - many of them are REALLY good at this stuff.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

She recommends NOT using a matt concealer, as real life scalps have a bit of shine to them.

Don't be afraid to take advice from a woman about hairpieces btw - many of them are REALLY good at this stuff.
I'm sorry but that just seems ridiculous to have to do. I thought lace just disappears into the adhesive but i guess i've been wrong. Perhaps @BaldBearded has some input?

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

She's basically turning her lace into a poly, that must be hard to maintain as now she has to worry about both bond and make up breaking down.
this is beyond impractical.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking - if you have an exposed hairline or a parting, perhaps lace isn't as realistic as we thought. Even with bleached knots, you can still see the mesh if you're up close.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking - if you have an exposed hairline or a parting, perhaps lace isn't as realistic as we thought. Even with bleached knots, you can still see the mesh if you're up close.
Many of my clients have lace front systems, some use tape, and some GhostBond XL, most have no issues.

Amstat

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the largely is subjective, but I’m curious to hear everyone’s method for making their lace front disappear

I personally make sure everything is clean and shaved down. Then, I apply 3-4 layers of Ghost Bond Supreme (to the front only, the rest is taped). Once dried, I begin pressing down on the lace. Nonetheless, the lace is still somewhat visible in washroom lighting.

Also, I’ve seen some women use foundation or concealer on the lace line... anyone try that?
The real question is where the hell did you find lace? Please tell! Because it’s disappearing alright

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The real question is where the hell did you find lace? Please tell! Because it’s disappearing alright
I sure hope the industry will start making stock lace pieces in August. I still have yet to wear the hair system I bought. That should hopefully last me into January of 2022.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sure hope the industry will start making stock lace pieces in August. I still have yet to wear the hair system I bought. That should hopefully last me into January of 2022.
Lace units are being made both for stock, and for custom at this point.

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stupid question why not wearing the same wigs women use and then let it cut to a male style? For daily wearers it would be a good option?!?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stupid question why not wearing the same wigs women use and then let it cut to a male style? For daily wearers it would be a good option?!?

Wigs are not put together the same way as hair systems. They are made of "wefts" of hair that are attached to an elastic base. Sometimes they may have a lace front that gets glued or taped down.

They are way denser than a man's hair would be, and can be uncomfortable, and you need to wear a cap between your scalp at the wig.

The only benefit in your case would be the ability to take it off at night and put it on in the morning with ease.

I, personally, wouldn't do it.