Major Recession. Should I Shave It All Off? (m26)

Gavalar09

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have only just recently noticed my hairline going back at a rapid rate on one side in particular and I am very worried it male pattern baldness.

At this point shiuld I just shave it all off?

Attachments

• DSC_0660.JPG
    DSC_0660.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,017

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont shave it. Try to fight it.

Do you considering any treatment in this case to prevent hair loss?

Forgot to add, but you are not in the that stage for shaving it off. You still have some good ground, and adding little regimen like finasteride should get back your hair and thickness. Worth a try.

Gavalar09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont shave it. Try to fight it.

Do you considering any treatment in this case to prevent hair loss?

Forgot to add, but you are not in the that stage for shaving it off. You still have some good ground, and adding little regimen like finasteride should get back your hair and thickness. Worth a try.

Hi Stachu,

Dont want to try finasteride as the side effects worry me.
Would a derma roller on its own work?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Stachu,

I realize you are a conservative nerd, but don't perpetuate the stereotype. Finasteride only affects about 2% of people. Maybe, 5%, on the outside. Noticeable side effects are rare. I've been on for over 3.5 months, and I've been just fine, and I'm starting to show results. I'm going to post progress images at 6 months.

I know that seemed a bit rough, but it's for your own good. Don't take that drug now, and you will lose all your own in short order. And by the looks of you, you really can't afford it. Take the drug, and there's a highly likely chance you'll regrow those weak, thins hairs a lot thicker, for the appearance of more hair, and you'll look ok. So Moby, or hair. Make your choice.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP it boils down to how much your hair actually means to you . If you will hate yourself bald you’ll have to consider treatment . Derma rolling won’t work by itself and minoxidil will only buy you time

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride side effects affect around 5% of the people, even less, and in 99% of times they go away if you stop the medication.

Go to your dermatologist and ask him. If you have AA, he'll tell you to do it.

You still have a good amount of hair so you can actually preserve it for well over a decade with these:

-Finasteride
-Minoxidil.
-Dermarolling
-Hair vitamins
-Scalp massages.

Etc etc. Those are the basics.

Finasteride is the cornerstone to every anti hair loss treatment. It may just work on itself and not need anything else.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might still have a decent amount of hair until your 40s. It doesn't look too bad. Shave if you want, but I wouldn't.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Stachu,

I was shitting my pants also when i was considering finasteride for the first time years back then, but now i am on Dutasteride every other day ( was 3 years finasteride user earlier) and still no side effects. The point is to stay positive, and be sure that your mental health is okay. Since we live in current years on plannet, where almost everyone has problems with depression and sh*t like that you may have placebo side effects like i think most people experience due to mental problems. There are people who claims they have pernament side effects after one dose (1mg) of finasteride, and besides i find it f*****g funny, you still should consider some treatments based on anti-androgens because they are the must for fighting hairloss.

Regarding dermaroller, it will probably work some with minoxidil combo. But still, they are regrowth factors and the key is that you need also kind of "defense towers" like finasteride and other anti-androgens weapons.

Just trying you to explain in simpliest way.

Gavalar09

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was shitting my pants also when i was considering finasteride for the first time years back then, but now i am on Dutasteride every other day ( was 3 years finasteride user earlier) and still no side effects. The point is to stay positive, and be sure that your mental health is okay. Since we live in current years on plannet, where almost everyone has problems with depression and sh*t like that you may have placebo side effects like i think most people experience due to mental problems. There are people who claims they have pernament side effects after one dose (1mg) of finasteride, and besides i find it f*****g funny, you still should consider some treatments based on anti-androgens because they are the must for fighting hairloss.

Regarding dermaroller, it will probably work some with minoxidil combo. But still, they are regrowth factors and the key is that you need also kind of "defense towers" like finasteride and other anti-androgens weapons.

Just trying you to explain in simpliest way.

So no sexual side effects?

I've seen so many horror stories so it does worry me...

Gavalar09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worst case scenario, when could I see all my hair gone by?

Ive had people saying its just a nature hairline and other saying it is receeding?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ive had people saying its just a nature hairline and other saying it is receeding?

Definitely receding and thinning. Unfortunately it’s a question of you go on finasteride and preserve / regrow or let nature take its course. You need to ask yourself if the potential side effects of finasteride are worse than the depressing and potential social anxiety that would come from being bald.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Probably it will hurt more than minor side effects from finasteride, where i bet they will not appear while you wont be scared. But most of people who are scared before treatment and when they trying to be ultra safe and careful, they experience placebo sides. Same probably will happen to you, need to be directly determined and its also should be firm choice to halt hairloss. Any doubts will results in mental nor placebo side effects.

Some of assertive would say " Take pill, or go bald. "

Same goes to you.

Choose wisely.

Gavalar09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely receding and thinning. Unfortunately it’s a question of you go on finasteride and preserve / regrow or let nature take its course. You need to ask yourself if the potential side effects of finasteride are worse than the depressing and potential social anxiety that would come from being bald.

How long would you say I have left?
I think worst case for me would just be to go bald and get a nose job.
I don't like drugs of any sort, I'm clued up on side effects and have had nasty side effects in the past due to drugs so I'm very wary...

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't like drugs of any sort, I'm clued up on side effects and have had nasty side effects in the past due to drugs so I'm very wary...

Then i wouldn't touch any of anti-androgens. They will do a lot of charm on your mental health.

Gavalar09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then i wouldn't touch any of anti-androgens. They will do a lot of charm on your mental health.

I can only think of derma rolling, hair thickening shampoos and natural supplements at the minute.

It sucks but there I'm too worried about the side effects as before.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only think of derma rolling, hair thickening shampoos and natural supplements at the minute.

It sucks but there I'm too worried about the side effects as before.

You should also try minoxidil.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Completely depends on the person. You could lose it all in a year or slowly but surely over the next 5 . From your picture though the front portion of your hair I wouldn’t be surprised if that disappeared in the next couple of years.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have only just recently noticed my hairline going back at a rapid rate on one side in particular and I am very worried it male pattern baldness.

At this point shiuld I just shave it all off?
the answer is yes, at this point recession is too obvious and looks ugly and you are evidently bald to almost all normal people, so why hide it, just shave it and own it like man, dont listen to these idiots telling you to get in antiandrogens and so on

just be confident in yourself