Major Hair Fall Within 3 Weeks. Depression Is Kicking In :(

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody ever experienced major hair fall within the space of a month?

In the past week my hair has been shedding like crazy. I genuinely feel sick at how much i have lost!!

Personally i think finasteride has destroyed my hair as it was miles better before I started this crap. I've been on it just over a year now, and minoxidil for about 20 months.

I had incredible results from minoxidil within 5 months, then I noticed shedding again so I jumped on finasteride to try and keep what I had. But it's all been downhill since I started taking that poison. My hair is so thin now I literally feel sick everytime I look in the mirror.

The past couple of weeks has been awful. I can literally see all of my scalp now and I never used to before. Anyone had anything similar? :( :( :(

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Switch to dutasteride and use something like RU or spironolactone just in case you are sensitive to T, but try dutasteride alone for 12 months first. You only have a 30% chance of developing gyno at 100mg spironolactone, dunno how much that statistic increases when on duta as well though.

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Switch to dutasteride and use something like RU or spironolactone just in case you are sensitive to T, but try dutasteride alone for 12 months first. You only have a 30% chance of developing gyno at 100mg spironolactone, dunno how much that statistic increases when on duta as well though.

I've been thinking about Duta. But if Finasteride hasn't worked who's to say duta will? I'm terrified of taking it incase it makes my situation a whole lot worse. :( Are you taking duta?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about Duta. But if Finasteride hasn't worked who's to say duta will? I'm terrified of taking it incase it makes my situation a whole lot worse. :( Are you taking duta?

Right now it's your only option, finasteride might just not be enough to maintain your hair, i was on finasteride for about 11 months and lost a lot of hair on it in that time span, then i switched to dutasteride, the only side i get from it is weaker orgasms, but there are a lot of guys here on it that don't have that problem. It's worth giving a shot for 12 months.

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now it's your only option, finasteride might just not be enough to maintain your hair, i was on finasteride for about 11 months and lost a lot of hair on it in that time span, then i switched to dutasteride, the only side i get from it is weaker orgasms, but there are a lot of guys here on it that don't have that problem. It's worth giving a shot for 12 months.

Did you see any improvement when you switched to Duta?

Do you take it along with finasteride or do you just switch over to duta daily?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you see any improvement when you switched to Duta?

Do you take it along with finasteride or do you just switch over to duta daily?

I took finasteride and dutasteride for a little bit but it doesn't take that long for dutasteride to block as much DHT as finasteride, you can megadose on dutasteride early to reach peak serum levels quickly. I think dutasteride is by far superior to finasteride but like i said i have weak orgasms on it which might put some people off, but it's a side im willing to tolerate, there is also a higher chance of mental sides compared to finasteride, you also must take in to account that dutasteride increases scalp T by over 100% which might be detrimental to your hair even if T is a weaker androgen than DHT.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can finasteride actually hurt your hair? I don't see how it should only make your hair healthier since you have less dht correct?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can finasteride actually hurt your hair? I don't see how it should only make your hair healthier since you have less dht correct?

If you are balding aggressively it might just slow down hair loss, i know if i had started with dutasteride i probably would kept my hair for longer, finasteride only blocks 70% of dht, so while it can't really make hair loss worse it might need that extra 30% of dht suppressed to halt baldness.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are balding aggressively it might just slow down hair loss, i know if i had started with dutasteride i probably would kept my hair for longer, finasteride only blocks 70% of dht, so while it can't really make hair loss worse it might need that extra 30% of dht suppressed to halt baldness.
So what if you have fairly slow thinning. I feel a shed hair but it doesn't really look minizurized and not really tapered either. I just upped my dosage of finasteride three months ago from .5 to 1 mg.....will that cause another shed? Since I upped the dosage.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what if you have fairly slow thinning. I feel a shed hair but it doesn't really look minizurized and not really tapered either. I just upped my dosage of finasteride three months ago from .5 to 1 mg.....will that cause another shed? Since I upped the dosage.

0.5mg inhibits the same amount of DHT as1mg from what i know, i don't think that's the cause. i think it's just that your baldness is too aggressive, but it's up you, maybe think about using finasteride for another 6 months, if things keep deteriorating switch to dutasteride. Remember that shedding hair is normal, if it starts having an impact on your density then start to worry.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5mg inhibits the same amount of DHT as1mg from what i know, i don't think that's the cause. i think it's just that your baldness is too aggressive, but it's up you, maybe think about using finasteride for another 6 months, if things keep deteriorating switch to dutasteride.
Problem is I don't know if I even have hairloss. Could I just be having typical daily shedding? This is my hair currently. The second pic is 16 years ago. I may just be so paranoid

Attachments

• Snapchat-1217121106.jpg
    Snapchat-1217121106.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 255
  • FB_IMG_1589830451169.jpg
    FB_IMG_1589830451169.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 192

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Problem is I don't know if I even have hairloss. Could I just be having typical daily shedding? This is my hair currently. The second pic is 16 years ago. I may just be so paranoid

You have no hairloss dude, and will never go bald. Why you are on this drug is simply mind boggling.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have no hairloss dude, and will never go bald. Why you are on this drug is simply mind boggling.
Because my dad and moms dad is bald. Something triggered that I was going to go the same route even though I'll be 35 in two months.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to atleast try and stop it before it got to any point. I always had such a thick head of hair and hairline. Now I'm conflicted.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't fight hair loss forever. If you have balding genes or it is in your blood, your genetics will overpower any treatment you use over time. Maybe it has caught up in you. My suggestion now is to have a hair cut that suites you at the moment. Go for a clean/neat cut though you don't seem to like it. It will eliminate the thinning look in your head. In my case, sometimes it comes down to your hair cut. Add dermarolling too and take vitamins and have a good healthy high protein diet. Sometimes it is all about nutrition or lack of it that your hair falls out.

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't fight hair loss forever. If you have balding genes or it is in your blood, your genetics will overpower any treatment you use over time. Maybe it has caught up in you. My suggestion now is to have a hair cut that suites you at the moment. Go for a clean/neat cut though you don't seem to like it. It will eliminate the thinning look in your head. In my case, sometimes it comes down to your hair cut. Add dermarolling too and take vitamins and have a good healthy high protein diet. Sometimes it is all about nutrition or lack of it that your hair falls out.

I derma roll 3 times a week and take biotin. It's just insane how much it has thinned in the space if a month :(

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I derma roll 3 times a week and take biotin. It's just insane how much it has thinned in the space if a month :(

3 times a week? No. Your scalp has to heal. From my extensive research you only have to microneedle at least once a week. 2 times a week is already too much. I mean your scalp for it to regenerate and produce collagen, it has to heal from the "trauma" for at least 3 days.

SlinkyDink

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does everybody blame fiansteride for their hair loss? You were already balding or you wouldn't have started taking it. Do you really think your hair loss would have just stopped if you hadn't taken it?

Because my hair was miles thicker before I started taking this sh*t. From the day I started taking the shedding has been none stop. I never shed as much as I did before taking it. I don't care what anyone says, it has 100% destroyed my hair.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

LMAO, unbelievable haha look at that thick head of hair, hahahahhahahahha, unbe f*****g lievable