Maintenance question

foeplay

Reaction score
Is it possible to maintain hair on the Big 3 even though I lose 20-30 hairs when i shampoo, 20-30 when I gel, etc Also tug my hair on vertex and pull a couple out as well. I've been on the regimen for 2 months and just wonder if these are hairs that are falling off will be replaced if I continue or might it be too late by the time the regimen starts working? I am very diffused vertex and crown. I just want to know the chances of maintaining the hair i have right now. Thanks!

jeffsss

Reaction score
supposidly the hair you lose in the shower or when you gel your hair is hair you were going to lose anyway.

it takes minimum of 3 months for propecia to start working, so in a months time you'll see how much hair you'll have to maintain b/c none of the hair you've lost is coming back.

jeffsss

Reaction score
foeplay said:
crap, so if I dont like my hair now, I am screwed?

hate to be the bearer of bad news.. but more than likely.

you could always get a hair transplant?? or wear a hat!

that's my big thing lately going out.. hat's and visors

jeffsss

Reaction score
foeplay said:
that sucks bad, people still dont really notice yet though...what if I go on dutasteride?

then you'll maintain your hair. only way you'll get your hairline back is transplant.

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
foeplay said:
Is it possible to maintain hair on the Big 3 even though I lose 20-30 hairs when i shampoo, 20-30 when I gel, etc Also tug my hair on vertex and pull a couple out as well. I've been on the regimen for 2 months and just wonder if these are hairs that are falling off will be replaced if I continue or might it be too late by the time the regimen starts working? I am very diffused vertex and crown. I just want to know the chances of maintaining the hair i have right now. Thanks!

You can have hairs growing even after a year of treatment on big three in areas where you did not have hair before. So, a transplant may not be necessary to regain the hairline.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
how do you know that he will only maintain his hair? He has only given it 2 months!?! you need to stay commited to the treatments and give it 6-8 months minimum before making any serious judgements.

2 months is nothing. I didn't have any serious regrowth untill the 6th month mark. I did mucho more then just maintaining. Since then I have swithed to one application of minoxidil per day and have been very happy with the results almost 2 years later.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
it takes minimum of 3 months for propecia to start working, so in a months time you'll see how much hair you'll have to maintain b/c none of the hair you've lost is coming back.

not to be a jerk jeff, but where did you hear that?

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
2 months is nothing. I didn't have any serious regrowth untill the 6th month mark. I did mucho more then just maintaining. Since then I have swithed to one application of minoxidil per day and have been very happy with the results almost 2 years later.

How long was it before you started treatment?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
You mean how long was I loosing my hair before I started treatment?

I was receding in the temples since 22/23 or so.. then started receding in the frontal region... then at 24/25 started thinning in the old horseshoe pattern that we all love. That was the last straw for me. I was thinning pretty bad when I pulled the trigger and started the big 3. I only wish I had started earlier but I'm very happy with the results, 2 years later.