Maintenance on Revivogen alone...

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
Is maintenance on revivogen alone likely? I've been on it about a month and while I've haven't seen an increase in the shedding of hairs, my hair is way, way thinner. According to texts I've read about revivogen, it is supposed to be more effective at supressing DHT than propecia; is this true?

My main question is...who here has actually maintained their hair or regrew hair as a result of revivogen alone? Anyone?

G

forget about revivogen: the same worsening situation during revi application happened to me, too... as far sa i'm concerned, it's a big SCAM- regardless of hairlosstalk (moderator) opinion.

Bono

Reaction score
To "ugh": It is inaccurate if you heard it is more effective than Propecia. It is an unproven alternative treatment for those who don't tolerate Propecia well.

Croat: you are showing your lack of education in your assessment that Revivogen is a "scam". It is not the HairLossTalk.com mods that you are butting heads with on this. Its all of the data backing Revivogen that you are ignoring.

For you to label something like that a "scam" just shows how little you understand what it takes to treat hair loss. In the world of unproven treatments, Revivogen has the most data backing it out there. I see you are using Prox-N. The two are very close together as far as supporting data. Yet one is a scam? Bad thinking.

Bono

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I've maintained my hairline for nearly 3 years on Revivogen. So there goes your theory.

You have done absolutely no scientific data collection of any kind. Following anonymous people's unsubstantiated reports in an extreme microcosm (how many people did you follow? 2? 4? 8?) ...

We followed 50 people over a period of 1 year. These were REAL people who actually spent the money to purchase the stuff from our store. I have their names, addresses, and everything. This isn't anonymous people who may work for a competitor saying "It doesnt work".

Similar method to yours, but unlike your attempt at a study, we had the integrity to admit that reports like these should be taken with a grain of salt. Purely because they are so unscientific in nature. Still, the data showed very good effectiveness. We actually followed people for a full year. We found that 90% of people bailed on Revivogen before the 6 month mark because they weren't seeing results. Because they weren't educated on how antiandrogen treatments require time. Those who stuck with it past the 6 month mark almost always saw results. Im sure youll say our data is flawed or we are "paid off" by Revivogen to report what we did right? That would be a typical copout.

Here is the consumer review:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/ ... le&sid=152

Your data is too lacking to be of any relevance in the scientific world. You do everyone a disservice to repeatedly mention it. Those are the facts.

HairLossTalk.com

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
for what its worth here is my expereince of revivogen

was losing lots of hair

started using rev (with copper peptides)

2 weeks in noticed was losing less hair

For 11 months I pretty much maintained my hair - some slight regrowth at parts of my hairline

Got sick of using rev -application every night was a hassle and couldnt be sure if it was really working

Jumped on finasteride

Now here is the weird part - about 2 weeks into finasteride I noticed I started losing hair at a similar rate as before I started rev so either

1) its some sort of "dropped rev" shed
2) its a shed brought on by propecia

Anyhow if anyone couldnt or wouldnt use propecia for any reason I wouldnt hesitate reccomending revivogen at the very least I think it slowed down my loss over this year.

I still use the shampoo and conditioner