maintaining

house

Reaction score
House here,

Hairlosstalk, I guess this question is aimed towards you. You say you've "maintained" your hair over the last 6 years, which I think is remarkable, incredible, and inspirational to us younger guys. However, I was wondering what you meant by maintained? did your hair loss stop completely? or do you still notice hairs in the shower?

Also, a general question to all posters: if you start losing your hair in your early 20's, do you think it is possible to "maintain" your hair for 30 years? I believe while there will be some appreciable loss, I'm optimistic that it is possible to have a decent amount of hair when turning 50 with the right regimen and attitude.

Your thoughts?

house

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I think you just about hit it on the head.

I think that there will be an appreciable amount of hair loss, but that the treatments will hold up through time. This is the great, because we can survive until better treatments come along.

fallout

Reaction score
I started topicals in 1978 after moderate loss; after 28 years at age 52 i still have most of my hair. I've used four products successfully in this period:pilo Genic, Helsinki formula , 2% minoxidil and most recently, Curetage products.My longest dry spell was from 1999- late 2005 when nothing worked. Cost to date 18-20 thousand.

house

Reaction score
What exactly are Pilo Genic, the Helsinki Formula, and Curetage products? I don't know if I've heard them mentioned here before...

Anyone else maintain a lot of their hair over, say, a ten or twenty year period?

incubusor

Established Member
Reaction score
house said:
House here,

or do you still notice hairs in the shower?

My girlfriend sheds 2-3x's more hair than I do in the shower. But I'm the one who is balding.

Balding is due to miniaturization - hair growing back thinner,weaker, shorter after it is shed. The thinner regrowth is a bigger concern than the hairs that we shed throughout the day.

fallout

Reaction score
Those products are standard application topicals-a shampoo and pm topical. They're all readily available on the web. They were (are) effective as stand alone products.