Maintaining After Hair Transplant....... What Medications

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
so once you’ve had a hair transplant, are you still required to take medication like propecia???

Also what is your opinion of a 20 year old male looking to get a hair transplant for his Norwood 2.5 hairline ??.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course you're still doomed to take this sh*t, for now
Second question i will say too young for a hair transplant, your hair loss must be stabilized before, but you only got one youth, decision is yours

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering that you already have a major temporal recession at only 20 years old, i highly doubt that it will stop here by its own
If your hairloss is stabilized for now, you can get your hair transplant, remain on finasteride for the next years and enjoy your youth

Just don't expect to be free from treatments, that's a life premium membership you own here

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since when was A Norwood two major recession? And yes obviously it will continue considering it is male pattern baldness but that’s why I’m on propecia to hopefully slow down this major recession at only 20. To be fair it does depend on how aggressive the hair loss is let’s not be completely negative.

With regards to hair transplant is it still the usual gig with been on propecia ?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since when was A Norwood two major recession? And yes obviously it will continue considering it is male pattern baldness but that’s why I’m on propecia to hopefully slow down this major recession at only 20. To be fair it does depend on how aggressive the hair loss is let’s not be completely negative.

With regards to hair transplant is it still the usual gig with been on propecia ?

NW2.5 for a 20 years old is a major recession to me, for a 30 years old this can be a great head of hair, it's my subjective opinion
Some of the users here are even going on a full agressive tranny regimen for way less agressive ones

I don't get your question tho., i'm not a native english speaker

Sworthyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sure it’s your opinion but compared to some lads I’ve seen I consider myself lucky to have this male pattern baldness rather than a really aggressive one.

So once you have the transplant are you doomed to take medication to keep the transplanted hair for the rest of your life ?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sure it’s your opinion but compared to some lads I’ve seen I consider myself lucky to have this male pattern baldness rather than a really aggressive one.

So once you have the transplant are you doomed to take medication to keep the transplanted hair for the rest of your life ?

What ? i completely misunderstood your whole thread actually
Transplanted hair are DHT resistant from your donor area, so basically no

I thought you were talking about the remaining hair, not the transplanted ones....f*** i'm tired

Last edited:

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"so once you’ve had a hair transplant, are you still required to take medication like propecia???"

Of course you do, to maintain what you have left, the question is silly to be honest

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your dermatologist may prescribe you with some oral antibiotics and topical application salines for first 8 days. Then topical antibacterial cream for the donor area skin so that no infection can cause there. And for washing your hairs from next day or after few days you can use baby shampoo or any mild shampoo.After 7days you can treat your hairs with finasteride, minoxidil after the scab getting removed usually the scab gets removed in 7-8days, from those days to grow your hairs with more density and with a good speed you need to take vitamins supplements.
Nutrition is more important, up to 2 months you should continue all these vitamins and nutritional medication then after you can continue with your regular diet. Shampoo, finasteride, minoxidil is very useful you should continue it because 20% 30% hairs after hair transplant start thinning.
Treat your hairs very gently you will get the best result out of all these things.

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2.5 for a 20 years old is a major recession to me, for a 30 years old this can be a great head of hair, it's my subjective opinion
Some of the users here are even going on a full agressive tranny regimen for way less agressive ones

I don't get your question tho., i'm not a native english speaker
That sounds like a joke, maybe a 60-70 year guy could consider Norwood 2,5 great head of hair.

shookwun

Reaction score
Most doctors will turn you away, and tell you to come back at 25. however I had my first hair transplant at 23, there are exceptions.