Magnesium Oil (Spray) and dermarolling?

Smidlangtbort

My Regimen
Reaction score
On mobile, so can't link to studies, but hard water / ejaculation / other things are theorized to calficy scalp, and one of things that help is scalp massage.

Another is Magnesium "Oil", which is really magnesium flakes and distilled water.

Since my scalp has become increasingly hard and umoveable together with my diffuse hair loss, I will try to use the magnesium spray daily at night.

TL;DR: would it be same to dermaroll 0.5mm for absorption all over scalp 3x a week and then spraying the magnesium? Has anyone tried this? Any experiences is welcome.

I would be dermarolling, spraying magnesium as it has been proved to help decalfication (a german study showed like 60% hair growth after users did it), and I would scalp massage as of Rob from perfecthairhealth.com

I AM ALREADY ON FINASTERIDE. So this is extra. Not trying to talk down modern medicine.

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve tried this & have magnesium oil because I feel not only the hairs & follicles should be treated but the scalp/soil. It’s an interesting theory that male pattern baldness may be a gradual blocking of circulation/nutrients by gradual hardening?of the scalp

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve tried this & have magnesium oil because I feel not only the hairs & follicles should be treated but the scalp/soil. It’s an interesting theory that male pattern baldness may be a gradual blocking of circulation/nutrients by gradual hardening?of the scalp
Ye and estrogen reverses this issue.

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand you're looking into alternative approaches to manage hair loss alongside your finasteride use. Here's a breakdown of what you mentioned:
Scalp Calcification and Hair Loss:
  • Limited Evidence: The theory of scalp calcification as a primary cause of hair loss has limited scientific backing. More research is needed to understand the exact link between scalp minerals and hair loss.
Magnesium Oil Spray:
  • Mixed Evidence: Studies on the effectiveness of topical magnesium for hair loss are inconclusive. While some studies suggest potential benefits, others show no significant impact.
Dermarolling:
  • Potential Benefits: Dermarolling with a 0.5mm needle length might promote hair growth by stimulating blood circulation and collagen production in the scalp. There's some evidence to support this, but more research is needed.
Combining Techniques:
  • Safety Unknown: The safety and effectiveness of combining derma rolling and topical magnesium for hair loss haven't been studied extensively. There's a possibility of skin irritation or other unforeseen interactions.
German Study on Decalcification:
  • Limited Information: Without more details about the study methodology and results, it's difficult to assess its validity.
Here are some recommendations:
  • Consult a Dermatologist: Discuss your hair loss concerns and these approaches with a dermatologist. They can provide personalized advice based on your scalp health and hair loss pattern.
  • Focus on Evidence-Based Practices: Finasteride is a well-established medication for hair loss with strong scientific backing. Continue using it as prescribed by your doctor.
  • Proceed with Caution: If you choose to try dermarolling and magnesium oil spray, start slowly and monitor your scalp for any irritation. Discontinue use if you experience any discomfort.
Additional Tips for Hair Loss:
  • Manage Stress: Chronic stress can contribute to hair loss. Relaxation techniques like meditation or deep breathing might be helpful.
  • Healthy Diet: Ensure a balanced diet rich in essential nutrients that support hair health, like vitamins A, C, D, E, iron, and protein.
  • Scalp Massage: Scalp massage might improve blood circulation to the scalp, potentially promoting hair growth. However, more research is needed to confirm its effectiveness.

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I will definitely check that option after I am done with my papers and my diploma is finally in my hands.It is great that I got some help from these guys recently, cause without their help https://academized.com/write-my-paper I wouldn't be able to finish all that. My hair is really important for me, but there are some things which come even before that.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried magnesium.. It’s a very small plus.
By itself it will do nothing .. I even took a mineral test which showed I had high magnesium levels. For men you need to take an androgen blocker first to see any real results. Spirolactone 200 mg a day.. you’ll start regrowing hair..Magnesium after is ok.. Maybe potassium will help.. I tried that too. These peripheral ideas don’t work. Plain & simple..
Your androgen level is too high.. It’s killing your hair. Remember when you were a teenager & how great your hair was. Then androgens did something to hair follicles. I personally think the DHT theory is overstated.. It’s more than fhat . It’s androgens. Good news is you can regrow your hair without the side effects..Forget all the cockamamie theories they won’t do anything..Stand on your head.. massage your scalp, etc.. You need to get real..
They are all secondary. Without primary you have no chance.