Made The Mistake And Put Minoxidl On My Face For A Week To Stimulate Beard Growth

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow amazing how damage it can does to your face in such a short time spane

but i just read that the facial Skin is much thinner then the scalp so it makes sense that youre more likely to get unwanted sides

what drives me crazy even though i stopped taking it my face still Looks like sh*t...

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It has anti collagen effects ( ruins your skin ) + vasodilator ( swollen face ). Bad idea man . The good news is that in 5 days it will get out of your system 100% and you will recover

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** i even did dermarolling before

When i used dermarolling with minoxidil, i'd hold a little bit of water on my face and body. thankfully it would go away within 1-2 days

minoxidil is such sh*t

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think i got permanet damage

ist been almost two month now and the damage is still visible

literally Speeds up the ageing process like Crystal meth

i think putting it up on the scalp is somehow safe but using it for beard growth is straight madness

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s been fine for me. I have been applying it to my face and scalp (with dermalrolling) for 3 years now and it has had no effect in terms of aging my face apart from the additional beard growth. No additional wrinkles/ water retention or dark circles.

Maybe some people are more prone to minoxidil sides like any drug. You would probs experience the same sides even if your were applying solely to your scalp.

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still there are people here who say minoxidil has zero effect on your face.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see before and after pictures...I do not think Minoxidil is as potent of an ager as people claim (even applying cigarette tar wouldn't age you immediately) however enough people bring it up so it'd be nice to see evidence.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
i think i got permanet damage

ist been almost two month now and the damage is still visible

literally Speeds up the ageing process like Crystal meth

i think putting it up on the scalp is somehow safe but using it for beard growth is straight madness

Very few things permanently damage the face. Just use sunscreen, stop the minoxidil, and give it a month or two.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wait it out. 2 weeks isn't that long. May take a few weeks/months to see swelling to down

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i know something about this. Thanks god i have moderate sides from minoxidil.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to start a new thread, but i was using minoxidil for 3/4 months, caused me bloated face etc and so stopped in april. Do any hairs that were grown with minoxidil ever come back? im also on finasteride, im just worried that those hairs might have regrew with finasteride now won't becuase they are minoxidil dependant. and so i've limited how much success i will have with finasteride in the long run. I also think it thinned my crown quite a bit(maybe i was still shedding?) which is another reason i stopped. I have read through old posts concerning this and the consensus seems to be your hair will return to baseline after about 6 months, but i have also read of people after 10 months still having visibly thinned hair because of minoxidil. I wish i never started it and stuck to just finasteride but there's nothing i can do about that now.