Made a mistake quitting oral minoxidil (loniten)

Aurelio

Reaction score
Gents,
I would need advice from those of you who have been using oral minoxidil for a long time and then suddenly stopped.

This has been my regimen for the past 5 years (with maintenance):
- Duta .5mg
- Minoxidil 5% twice daily
- Oral Minoxidil 5mg daily
- Oral spironolactone 25mg daily
- 1000mg sulfa daily

I made the mistake of stopping the oral minoxidil in April (lack of supply, and I thought it was not THAT important) and was only able to restart in mid-September. For a month and a half, horrible shedding, about 500 hairs a day, huge visual difference compared to a month ago.
Am I going to lose everything?
f*** I hate myself for this...

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Did the shed only start this past month? After being back on the oral minoxidil for 6 weeks? Seems strange that you didn't she'd after stopping the oral minoxidil for so long...I'd have thought the shed would have happened after a month of stopping.

Aurelio

Reaction score
I noticed maybe some shedding (but nothing really unusual) before, but I really realized that I was going through an horror shedding around October the 1st (5 month after hqving quit oral min and after being back on it for 2 weeks.

Could this be a second oral min "initial" shed ? I doubt it since I never experienced that on the first time, and it seems a little bit too quick (2 weeks after jumping back on it) to occur ...

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just give it a little while, im sure you will be fine, don't stop it again though, if you can't source the pills just drink kirkland liquid if you are desperate.