[M21] Am I a DUPA victim?

mizunyaa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticed it started about last year around May 2020, Wasn’t as bad then as it is now. 6 months before May 2020 my hair looked perfectly normal, I have many pictures of my hair which looks perfectly fine and thick.

Originally I thought it was due to telogen effluvium because that months before I started a crash diet of 770 calories a day for a whole month. After a whole year of essentially my hair staying like this, the telogen effluvium excuse was seeming less and less likely.

Info about me:
5’10 140lbs male
Rarely go outside for the last 2 years, only about once a week for groceries, been working from home since high school and before covid.
Exercise from home 2-3 days a week for 30 mins

Do current methods like finasteride/min work for DUPA?

Attachments

• 356C491D-9FB0-409A-8A25-02FA7CFBEB87.jpeg
    356C491D-9FB0-409A-8A25-02FA7CFBEB87.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 454
  • 3749B570-B611-4643-9A2C-819739DDA60E.jpeg
    3749B570-B611-4643-9A2C-819739DDA60E.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 455
  • 1A10DE2A-8264-4393-9D7F-8EC7ACAFB5F8.jpeg
    1A10DE2A-8264-4393-9D7F-8EC7ACAFB5F8.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 509

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes finasteride is effective against DUPA. It looks like diffuse thinning with retrograde alopecia to me

mizunyaa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes finasteride is effective against DUPA. It looks like diffuse thinning with retrograde alopecia to me
Thanks for your response!

To add another detail to this post, I’ve only noticed this recently however, when I shaved my head recently, I sometimes get red bruises/bumps on my head after I wear headphones for a while, could that be related to anything or completely offtopic?

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi man , it look very similar to my case and i have also dupa at 22 y old. finasteride doesnt work on me

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check your Vitamin D ASAP.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticed it started about last year around May 2020, Wasn’t as bad then as it is now. 6 months before May 2020 my hair looked perfectly normal, I have many pictures of my hair which looks perfectly fine and thick.

Originally I thought it was due to telogen effluvium because that months before I started a crash diet of 770 calories a day for a whole month. After a whole year of essentially my hair staying like this, the telogen effluvium excuse was seeming less and less likely.

Info about me:
5’10 140lbs male
Rarely go outside for the last 2 years, only about once a week for groceries, been working from home since high school and before covid.
Exercise from home 2-3 days a week for 30 mins

Do current methods like finasteride/min work for DUPA?
Avodart will fix that

mizunyaa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I listened to the advice of everyone here to get a blood test, I just got my results back today. TSH, T4, Ferritin, Iron, all came out good. My only issue was Vitamin D. I was at a level of about 9ng/mL.

I've been prescribed 50k IU Vitamin D once a week for 6 weeks then a maintenance of about 1-2k IU daily after that. I will update this thread once every month (and also cut my hair the same length) in order to see if Vitamin D was really my issue.

Evocator

My Regimen
Reaction score
I listened to the advice of everyone here to get a blood test, I just got my results back today. TSH, T4, Ferritin, Iron, all came out good. My only issue was Vitamin D. I was at a level of about 9ng/mL.

I've been prescribed 50k IU Vitamin D once a week for 6 weeks then a maintenance of about 1-2k IU daily after that. I will update this thread once every month (and also cut my hair the same length) in order to see if Vitamin D was really my issue.
I knew it..... Vit D causes this.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best advice is to get everything checked, thyroid, vitamins etc. If everything is fine and yet you still have hairloss, then I really recommend finasteride and minoxidil or oral minoxidil since its your entire scalp.