m e d s t o r e has told me not to take their pills

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
they sent me fimpecia 1 mg finasteride. it was different, white, and different to the other brand they had sent me so I contacted them. and they told me not to take the pills and they will reship my order with another brand free of charge.

i'm really not sure what to make of this.

if someone was providing fakes, wouldn't they try and say they were real to me?

I think I need to find a new providor. so anyway if I stop taking the pills for 2 weeks. will I loose much of my progression? i'm 3 months into finasteride bit frustrated that I have to stop now.

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
I think my doctor would laugh at me.

Plus isn't it more expensive that way?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Your doctor would not laugh at you unless you're not losing your hair. If he does, go to another doctor.

It is not expensive to buy the new (real) generic in a REAL pharmacy. Real pharmacy = one you take a prescription to, e.g., Walgreens, CVS, whatever. Why anyone would want to take a risk by buying pills over the internet from a 3rd world country is beyond me.

Cassin

Reaction score
Why in the world do people assume some generic crap from God knows where and God knows how old it is and God knows how it was handled is a better value?

I don't get it...........

My pharmacy charges around $105.99 for real legit 100% proscar.

$84.99 for generic.

Its 100% real either way. No shipping.

no asking questions if its legit, no mistakes.

Real.

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess.

I'm feeling better about things, after doing some research, fimpecia (a gen brand of 1mg finasteride) is made in india and shipped out. the site I buy from gave me 3 months more immediately, and got back to me a few days later to say it is finasteride, and their distrubtor out there is licensed. so I think i'll just stop being paranoid and get on with it.

doctors would be better. although i'm loosing, i've just started really and its not too bad which is why I think he'd laugh.

anyhow. thanks!

beaner

Reaction score
Did you get fimpecia or finpecia? I've personally never heard of fimpecia before. Who makes it?

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
not sure who makes it but I know it comes out of india. the site I buy from said they have looked into it, and they are licensed. its a generic brand of finasteride that's all I know really. the company sent me 3 months of another brand as soon as I contacted them, to keep me happy which I thought was pretty decent, and then confirmed that what i'm taking is 1 mg of finasteride. I dunno. I'm just going to roll with it I think!

beaner

Reaction score
mark16v said:
not sure who makes it but I know it comes out of india. the site I buy from said they have looked into it, and they are licensed. its a generic brand of finasteride that's all I know really. the company sent me 3 months of another brand as soon as I contacted them, to keep me happy which I thought was pretty decent, and then confirmed that what i'm taking is 1 mg of finasteride. I dunno. I'm just going to roll with it I think!

Again....is it called fiMpecia or fiNpecia? It should say on the packaging who made it. You said yourself that you looked it up, so you should know...

bathtbgin

Reaction score
Doesnt anyone go to Dr.'s anymore? that way if you start having strange side effects you can ask someone who knows what they are talking about and not some guy on the internet. Plus you get the added benefit of knowing your pills are real.