Lyrical Hair is Selling for 400$ on Amazon

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just the simple laws of economics - scarcity creates demand, and if something is in demand then sellers can increase the price.

Once things get back to a bit more normal and supplies of hair systems become more plentiful, you can expect prices to decrease back to around what they were before the pandemic. Just count yourself lucky that it's still possible to get hold of hair systems, even if supplies are more limited, and that prices haven't tripled or quadrupled!

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once things get back to a bit more normal and supplies of hair systems become more plentiful, you can expect prices to decrease back to around what they were before the pandemic.
Not necessarily. If they know that people are prepared to spend that much, then why reduce prices? Of course, competition between suppliers will drive them down marginally, but on the whole they'll be looking to keep profits as high as they can surely?

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just need to wait for everything to level off. I have a hair system that I plan on wearing sometime in June.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If they know that people are prepared to spend that much, then why reduce prices? Of course, competition between suppliers will drive them down marginally, but on the whole they'll be looking to keep profits as high as they can surely?

I could not really speculate, but I think once the pandemic eases we will see prices decrease. I don't think people will be prepared to pay the same prices outside of the pandemic. But it's not like they've increased significantly to the point where they're unaffordable, so I don't get why some people here are complaining about it.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
The point is, is Lyrical was a downmarket brand, selling units for 100 USD. The same unit I bought last time for 170 (Pandemic price) is now a ridiculous 400.

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The point is, is Lyrical was a downmarket brand, selling units for 100 USD. The same unit I bought last time for 170 (Pandemic price) is now a ridiculous 400.
Yeah, I know. I remember them practically doubling the price of their units on Amazon overnight last Spring.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you adjust the price of your house, if you’re selling it, based on the market?

I, like anyone else, love cheaper prices but markets fluctuate.

In time, these prices should go back down but for now suppliers have less inventory and to offset the loss of revenue they must increase the cost. I’m not mad at them, it’s simple economics.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you adjust the price of your house, if you’re selling it, based on the market?

I, like anyone else, love cheaper prices but markets fluctuate.

In time, these prices should go back down but for now suppliers have less inventory and to offset the loss of revenue they must increase the cost. I’m not mad at them, it’s simple economics.
It doesn't matter. In fact, the seller just might be f*****g around. I haven't bothered to seek them out elsewhere as I want higher-grade.

Lord, a substantially more reputable brand, is not commanding fees like that on Amazon. 400 is a joke for lyrical - absolute joke.