Lucid dreaming

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been trying to teach myself to have lucid dreams but no luck so far... Anyone else tried it?

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
One of the girls I hang out with has been talking about it.. I only pretended to be listening :whistle:

I'll ask her :woot:

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an odd condition called sleep paralysis which puts me in a state of sleep, except for the actual sleeping part. So basically I'm almost completely paralyzed (like in REM sleep) except I can blink and breathe, but I can see around me and also hallucinate and hear things. Whenever I manage to get back to sleep properly after I experience this, I always end up in a lucid dream. It's great, I'll usually be in a nearby location, i.e. my street, but know perfectly well that I'm paralyzed in bed. I have complete control and there are plenty of inception like projections around to, well, do what I please with. Ahem. I have an almost 100% track record of getting into this state by waking up early (and still tired,) engaging my brain (maybe by watching an hours worth of whatever I fancy) and then trying to get back to sleep. So yeah, sleep deprivation does it.

slipy

Reaction score
i had this type of dream once as a kid. i was at hospital and there was ice on the floor, i know it doesn't make sense but dreams rarely do. i had my skates on and i was skating all the while trying to tell my buddy that it all wasn't real. funny how it never recurred, this was the only time.

if i had a lucid dream now it would have a ''kill all Norwood 1's'' feel to it.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Many years ago I had a dream that I was being chased by 'evil strangers'; they chased me around the streets near my home and would not give up.

Somehow I realised that I was dreaming and decided to just fly instead of run. I've been able to fly in my dreams ever since, sometimes I'm even able to wake enough to check my bedside clock and fall back to sleep and straight back into the dream.

I get dreams that I'm able to control (and remember) every few months; curiously I seem to always wake up in the morning feeling incredibly refreshed and in a thoroughly good mood.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an odd condition called sleep paralysis which puts me in a state of sleep, except for the actual sleeping part. So basically I'm almost completely paralyzed (like in REM sleep) except I can blink and breathe, but I can see around me and also hallucinate and hear things. Whenever I manage to get back to sleep properly after I experience this, I always end up in a lucid dream. It's great, I'll usually be in a nearby location, i.e. my street, but know perfectly well that I'm paralyzed in bed. I have complete control and there are plenty of inception like projections around to, well, do what I please with. Ahem. I have an almost 100% track record of getting into this state by waking up early (and still tired,) engaging my brain (maybe by watching an hours worth of whatever I fancy) and then trying to get back to sleep. So yeah, sleep deprivation does it.

That's awesome, I've had a dream where I knew that it was a dream and was basically wishing for anything I wanted but most other times I have no idea and wake up thinking I should of done somethig more cool in the dream.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
One of the girls I hang out with has been talking about it.. I only pretended to be listening :whistle:

I'll ask her :woot:

no offense but, you barely having any hair loss at all (nw2-3), being tall, and putting down something as bloody awesome as lucid dreaming makes me think you are a MAJOR a**h** in real life and makes me want to punch the living lights out of you so bad

you have no idea what lucid dreaming is if you just ignored the b**ch who was talking about it. not surprising tho, considering what little problems you have and that you really don't need it

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well i just utterly hate his type is all.

people with no real problems in life, all they care about is getting girls, and are very mainstream/boring

**** him, negs coming his way

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I can force lucid dreaming but it's REALLY HARD, which is why I almost never do it. Basically what you have to do is know the exact moment you fall asleep and sit up just then. What ends up happening usually is you just sit up in real life. But after about 10-15 tries You finally sit up in your dream, when you succeed you just know it's a dream and not real life.

edit: I didn't realize this was an old thread, oops...

LemonLizards

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to do this, it would make life so interesting. I wonder in the lucid dream state you could touch and feel? That would be amazing, I often feel in dreams I'm just watching so I'm disconnected.