Lucian's Story

lucian

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Im so glad that i stumbled upon this community today because i have been rather a mess the past few months obsessing about my hair loss.

I am 20 years old. About ...hmm... maybe eight months ago, while shampooing/rinsing my hair i noticed that i was losing more hair than usual. I could count between 20-100 hairs on my hands alone. This went on for some months during school and partially into the summer break months. Then during June, the loss that I saw in the shower waned, so much that I was losing almost none (a normal 10 strands or so lost during a shower). Because of this I attributed my loss to stresses.

Things wouldn't go so well as I had hoped. I started losing hair again two and a half months ago at the same rate. The difference this time however is that dandruff showed up between one and a half and two months ago along with the hair loss. This is an ungodly, horrible case of dandruff...some redness, itching, and massive flaking going on for months now. If I dont wash my hair for one day, the flaking is very visable and frankly gross. I suspected that the dandruff was the cause of my unusual hair loss because the dandruff is insane. However I read online that dandruff does not cause hair loss on several different forums.

It was not until today that I learned hair loss is occurring because of the body rejecting the abnormalities associated with the androgen receptors troubled by DHT. Hairloss.com mentions that this autoimmune response is going to cause the inflammation ie dandruff. So I am suspecting that the male pattern hair loss is the cause the dandruff I am experiencing. But I have a concern...Reading the stories here, people are stating that they are losing very little hair in the shower whereas in my case, my drain is plugged when i take a shower....twice. I have to remove a wad of hair after rising and again at the end of my shower as I usually rinse a few more times. In fact I have counted ~850 hairs I loss in the shower this morning...and ive lost more throughout the day particularly when styling my hair (bunch of hair on my sink counter as if it wasnt painful enough to pull a wad of my own hair out of the drain that looked like a small mouse). Checking the back of my head with a hand mirror almost each time I find myself in the bathroom, worrying myself to death about losing my hair, checking out everyone's hair in public thinking "My head will end up like that in a few months" or "Why cant I have hair so thick that you can bounce a quarter off of it"...It's tough. I stare at women and think only about thier long, shiny hair.

So guys I would love some support/advice or just a comment. Particularly if anyone has experienced such a rapid loss of hair as I have, let me know so I dont feel like i have the most advanced case of hair loss. And if you do, how long before you were seeing scalp on your head. I hope i wont be bald in 2 months because my hair is finding its way to the drain at a seriously alarming rate. My hair is currently between 1 and 2 on the Norwood scale. I have always had a high hairline. My father, who has thin hair, has the same hair line so i suspect that is why i have always had this kind of hairline even before I was 15 or 14. Therefore i dont believe that it is "receded." It is just my hairline i suppose. Also if anyone could recommend some regimens that would be a greatly appreciated help. Im not sure where to begin with so many choices and at which angles i should attack my particular hair loss.

Thanks guys,
Lucian

imissmyhair

Reaction score
i would first see a dermatologist and explain what is happening and ask for blood test to see if everything is normal. then they will probably explain u can do 2 treatments rogain or propecia, i would start on propecia only at first and see how that goes.

keep reading the forums and learn as much as u can remember most of the stress/axiety/depression from hairloss is mental