Low Progesterone causes Hairloss, also interestingly, the side effects mimic Post Finasteride Syndrome Symptoms

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Usually when people are using topicals, their Microneedling as well, because sure you can use an anti androgen to potentially stop further hairloss, but people know they also need a growth stimulant to get new or thicker hair, hence they use other topicals like Minoxidil with Microneedling.

The problem arises when people are already Microneedling and now need to use Dutasteride for example, because it would go systemic.

So they are left with having to chose between stopping the Microneedling which would most often render the growth stimulant topical useless or take the topical anti-androgen (which at best would stop further hair loss - provided it does not go systemic)
Even without microneedling, imo topical dutasteride probably goes systematic but maybe its limited. I only have anecdotes. From the bloodwork from people if it is accurate it went systematic. Few got sides, few did not.
It seemed just like topical finasteride to me but with topical finasteride, we have at least 1 study.

Its hard to balance all of these things. Microneedling + topical anti androgen. Lets see if Kintors trial succeeds...

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even without microneedling, imo topical dutasteride probably goes systematic but maybe its limited. I only have anecdotes. From the bloodwork from people if it is accurate it went systematic. Few got sides, few did not.
It seemed just like topical finasteride to me but with topical finasteride, we have at least 1 study.

Its hard to balance all of these things. Microneedling + topical anti androgen. Lets see if Kintors trial succeeds...

I'm very sure it would go systemic even without Microneedling. But yeah it's probably just ones luck if they don't get sides from Topical dutasteride. I know people who got sides on finasteride and not dutasteride and vice versa. Depends a lot on one's sensitivity to 5-ARI's in general as well.

I wouldn't try it anytime soon, too risky, especially since 5-ARI's don't agree with me.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm very sure it would go systemic even without Microneedling. But yeah it's probably just ones luck if they don't get sides from Topical dutasteride. I know people who got sides on finasteride and not dutasteride and vice versa. Depends a lot on one's sensitivity to 5-ARI's in general as well.

I wouldn't try it anytime soon, too risky, especially since 5-ARI's don't agree with me.
Have you ever tried Zix?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever tried Zix?

Not as yet, I just purchased online HairGuard's Biogaine Topical (Natural).

It also contains Zinc so it should be similar to Zix, it also contains quite a few good DHT blocking and Hair Growth Stimulants.

Just a bit surprised that they only recommend using it once a day.

I'll start Microneedling around the same time as I start using it once the delivery comes in, so I'll see how it goes.

I'm considering getting Minoxidil 5% + Tretinoin 0.025% as well as applying that twice a day, and hopefully if I have time I'll try to squeeze in a once daily Biogaine sessions. So ultimately it will be 3 sessions of topicals per day.

Will be very difficult to fit all 3 at different times but I'll try (If I consider adding Min + Tret).