Low Plasma Zinc Levels In Androgenetic Alopecia

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I can only speak for myself, my plasma zinc levels are always optimal and I don't take zinc supplements. I do a lot of blood test monitoring, I wish there was something that would indicate were I was deficient that may have contributed to hairloss. I guess testo, dht and genetics just burned it off over the years. :(

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
Does this mean we should take zinc supplements? Would a multivitamin be sufficient?

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking 5mg Zinc daily since I was 12 and using Pyrithione Zinc shampoo for years so don't be thinking that is a good treatment (not saying that anyone was saying that).

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe this is why some people report decreased shedding with Zix, a zinc and vitamin b6 based topical. Coincidentally I started zix about a week ago it seems like my shedding has reduced slightly. I noticed I'm getting less hairs in my comb now, even though its not an accurate way to judge its effectiveness, it is encouraging.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember, if you're taking zinc supplements you need to balance with copper. But I suggest getting micro nutrient tests first to see if you are deficient at all.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe this is why some people report decreased shedding with Zix, a zinc and vitamin b6 based topical. Coincidentally I started zix about a week ago it seems like my shedding has reduced slightly. I noticed I'm getting less hairs in my comb now, even though its not an accurate way to judge its effectiveness, it is encouraging.
Howndo you prepare your zix solution?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ElTioLaBota I followed the directions in @worm thread “how vitamin b6 and zinc saved my hair” in the alternative treatments section of this forum. Check it out, really interesting stuff. I think zix should absolutely be included in every regimen, it’s too easy not too. It’s cheap, goes on clean, actually helps style your hair, and I hear a ton of personal anecdotes claiming it reduces shedding. Personally I love this stuff.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ElTioLaBota I followed the directions in @worm thread “how vitamin b6 and zinc saved my hair” in the alternative treatments section of this forum. Check it out, really interesting stuff. I think zix should absolutely be included in every regimen, it’s too easy not too. It’s cheap, goes on clean, actually helps style your hair, and I hear a ton of personal anecdotes claiming it reduces shedding. Personally I love this stuff.

Thanks for the tip of that hat. How long have u been using it, and how are the results so far?