Low Libido On Finasterade Twice Weekly?

Iopu1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post but I used to be quite active on here a few years back. Unfortunately I may need to quit finasterade, taking it just twice weekly for the last year now. As my libido and erections have suffered. I also use minoxidil. About 1 year ago I had been using RU58841 50mg every night. And I decided to try adding finasterade 1.25mg e3d to complement my regimen. I started getting lazy with my RU applications figuring the finasteride had me covered and eventually realised my hair seems to be stable on just the 2 doses of finasterade per week alone. Also with minoxidil daily. So I haven't been using RU at all for a few months now and haven't lost a single hair. Very good treatment effective, cheap and hassle free the finasterade is. But unfortunately now my libido is definitely lower than it was. Some days its non existant, others its not as bad but still not what it used to be. (I don't think I have too much problems with brain fog). Anyway so I'm still in my twenties and don't want to spend my whole life with a libido a lot lower than it should be. So for now I'm getting off it to see if it improves and will be going back on RU and CB.
I guess the reason why I'm posting this if I was wondering if anyone else saw results / even side effects on such a low dose of finasterade? And I will update later.

Last edited:

Comb_over

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a such low dose, but it's been a long time on it. You just slowed down the side effects.

Anyway, i'm curious.. What is specifically low libido? Do you see a hot girl and don't feel anything? Your erections are normal?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You better pray your libido comes back once you stop..

Have to say, I take androgens now. And with my strong hair regimen, I'm only gaining density back.

Androgens are KEY to GOOD SEX. Ask my girlfriend. I'm f*****g her harder than I've ever had.

She always compliments me on how good I'm f*****g her. And I f*** her ALL THE time now.

And I must say, nature gave me a PIMPLE between my legs. It's not big, so I need extra testosterone to have
GREAT SEX. And I'm almost FIFTY YEARS OLD!

Iopu1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a such low dose, but it's been a long time on it. You just slowed down the side effects.

Anyway, i'm curious.. What is specifically low libido? Do you see a hot girl and don't feel anything? Your erections are normal?

Everything is normal mentally. Just feels like something has switched off downstairs. It's up and down yesterday the morning after my last pill. I had zero libido at all, if I force myself to play alone. I'd have no erection and struggle to finish. Today it's not as bad. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. I've came off it before and my libido typically is back to normal in 3-4 days.

Also worth mentioning that the finasterade is a little better than RU I think. My thin crown has grown back. Was still a little thin on 50mg of RU per night and 100mg gives me sides.

Last edited:

Iopu1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have to say, I take androgens now. And with my strong hair regimen, I'm only gaining density back.

Androgens are KEY to GOOD SEX. Ask my girlfriend. I'm f*****g her harder than I've ever had.

She always compliments me on how good I'm f*****g her. And I f*** her ALL THE time now.

And I must say, nature gave me a PIMPLE between my legs. It's not big, so I need extra testosterone to have
GREAT SEX. And I'm almost FIFTY YEARS OLD!

Yeah man I use to take a little something for the gym! Had to lay off with an injury atm. But loved the libido boost!

Beatle Gregor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the libido reduction a big problem for you? Do you think it is getting worse over time? Or better? Those are important considerations I think. You can't expect to get all the benefits without any negatives