Low levels of serum DHT - still take finasteride?

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Fascinating thread. I have below normal DHT. Took topical finasteride for 6 weeks. Miscalculated the concentration to dosage conversion and ended up applying 4mg daily on scalp. Within 1 month started to really pack on water weight and flab, and then manboobs. 6 months after stopping I still have the gyno. Why was I unlucky? Was it due to applying 4x the recommended oral dose? Was is because I had low DHT to begin with? As an aside, when I stopped the finasteride, I could actually feel my hormones surging back, crazy optimism, libido, confidence, vitality. Only lasted 2 days though. Was this the PFS crash or just me going back to my abnormally low baseline? Answers on a postcard.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fascinating thread. I have below normal DHT. Took topical finasteride for 6 weeks. Miscalculated the concentration to dosage conversion and ended up applying 4mg daily on scalp. Within 1 month started to really pack on water weight and flab, and then manboobs. 6 months after stopping I still have the gyno. Why was I unlucky? Was it due to applying 4x the recommended oral dose? Was is because I had low DHT to begin with? As an aside, when I stopped the finasteride, I could actually feel my hormones surging back, crazy optimism, libido, confidence, vitality. Only lasted 2 days though. Was this the PFS crash or just me going back to my abnormally low baseline? Answers on a postcard.
damn, this sh*t sounds scary tbh

such confessions make me question pulling trigger on finasteride again and again, f*** genetics and life.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Bood DHT levels don't tell you much about hair loss. DHT in hair follicle is the one that matters.