Low Dose Hrt: Androcur, spironolactone And Phytoestrogens

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am considering to use low dose of Androcur 12.5mg eod and 50mg of oral spironolactone ed (now on 100mg) and phytoestrogens (flaxseed, soy, cinamon, spearmint). My main purpose with this treatment is to get back the density I had at the age of 18-21 and to improve hairline to Norwood 0.

Besides that I am already on finasteride 1.25mg ed and dutasteride 0.5mg once a week. I don't want to use any topical solutions except ketoconazole 2% and maybe Revita in the near future. I prefer systemic action and of course I am aware of possible sides, have had an experience of little gyno at 14 due to hormonal changes. Not a big deal for me.

It's important to note that I am not going to kill my testosterone, I'm just going to lower it to my preadolescence level and maintain for the next decades.

Has anyone tried this route? Was it helpful?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
man this is really dangerous for a man . i wouldn't recommend it .
You didnt get result with duta once a week ?
you gyno get worse with duta or fina ? i am interested in adding duta once a week to my regimen

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
man this is really dangerous for a man . i wouldn't recommend it .
You didnt get result with duta once a week ?
you gyno get worse with duta or fina ? i am interested in adding duta once a week to my regimen

It's too early to report any changes, I am only three weeks on finasteride and dutasteride and one week on 100mg spironolactone. No sides, no changes so far. I only noticed moderate improvement in skin quality and cheek's puffiness — spironolactone works for me.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought spironolactone orally does not do anything unless at 200mg?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought spironolactone orally does not do anything unless at 200mg?

There's a government study on spironolactone versus Progesterone for women. Progesterone actually DOES work for women (they didn't
study on men).

spironolactone (topically, I believe) actually improved hairloss more than Progesterone. They were comparing the two on
female androgen alopecia.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious why you wouldn't take Dutasteride everyday? With the regimen you're considering I couldn't see side effects being of any concern to you. If you want results you might as well take these drugs the way they are meant to be taken cause 0.07mg of Dutasteride every day isn't gonna do anything for you. With that said, why not just drop the spironolacton because it takes a very high dose to act as an effective anti androgen. 12.5mg of Cyproterone by itself daily will be enough to drop androgen levels down to adolecent ranges. I will not even start with the phytoestrogens, be safe.

Thanks for response. I will use dutasteride every day when I fix my financial issues (I am a lazy freelancer). I am not that bad yet, maybe in Norwood 1.5 region with diffuse thinning on the whole area, I think it's so called retrograde alopecia. When I grow my hair long it's hard to notice any changes, but guys with hairloss experience will obviously do. So I shave it and wear a cap.

Androcur 1/4 of a pill eod with spironolactone is ideal for me. It's pretty cheap here in Russia. And the main reason why I am considering using strong antiandrogens is because I want to regrow my temples. It's nearly impossible with finasteride and dutasteride alone.

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for response. I will use dutasteride every day when I fix my financial issues (I am a lazy freelancer). I am not that bad yet, maybe in Norwood 1.5 region with diffuse thinning on the whole area, I think it's so called retrograde alopecia. When I grow my hair long it's hard to notice any changes, but guys with hairloss experience will obviously do. So I shave it and wear a cap.

Androcur 1/4 of a pill eod with spironolactone is ideal for me. It's pretty cheap here in Russia. And the main reason why I am considering using strong antiandrogens is because I want to regrow my temples. It's nearly impossible with finasteride and dutasteride alone.

This is how I am look with hair. Temple on the other side is slightly worse.

Bruh, you have BDD your hair looks great. I would say just stick with finasteride and/or dutasteride I don't think you need to add anything else.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this topic is outdated and does not correspond to reality anymore. My plans have recently changed, and now I want to get rid of T completely and replace it with E2. So will add 4 mg of estradiol valerate soon. Besides that, my regimen is still the same and yes, hair loss stopped and I have experienced some regrowth. Still not satisfied to post pics of my results.

MaxPayne3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this topic is outdated and does not correspond to reality anymore. My plans have recently changed, and now I want to get rid of T completely and replace it with E2. So will add 4 mg of estradiol valerate soon. Besides that, my regimen is still the same and yes, hair loss stopped and I have expirienced some regrowth. Still not satisfied to post pics of my results.
Is it okay for you if you get breasts?

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sides ?
Side effects are typical for HRT, most of them I find beneficial: body hair loss, skin improvement, gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction, impaired spermatogenesis, some fat redistribution and little muscle loss, mood swings and brain fog. These are most noticeable, but there are others as well.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects are typical for HRT, most of them I find beneficial: body hair loss, skin improvement, gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction, impaired spermatogenesis, some fat redistribution and little muscle loss, mood swings and brain fog. These are most noticeable, but there are others as well.
Progress please?

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you going to change your gender? or just get back to norwood 0 and then maintain?