Low density hair transplant (Month 13). Help me make the right decision!

batman1122

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a hair transplant 13 months ago and got my temples done, and I'm not happy with the results. The clinic have offered to add some more density for free, but im not sure if I wanna go through the whole process again.

I think they overharvested my donor area, and I don't want them to make it look even worse. Im only 30 so I want to save some for the future if needed. Im also afraid for permanent shock loss that will affect my native hair.

The whole process was not so fun, not being able to go out without a hat for the whole summer.

The thing is that I've talked to a SMP clinic that said that they could fix this very easy with SMP, and I will do anything to avoid going through the hair transplant process again. Do you think SMP would be a good option? With Toppik it looked dense and full.
The whole situation is killing my mental health for real. I've heard guys with dark hair and pale skin more often have this problems, and that SMP would be a good solution to make it look denser.

All three pictures was taken recently.

Thanks

Attachments

• ht11.jpg
    ht11.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 181
  • htttt3.jpg
    htttt3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 165
  • ht22.jpg
    ht22.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 209

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks decent enough, a transplant won't give you full natural coverage. I've definitely seen a lot worse

batman1122

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks decent enough, a transplant won't give you full natural coverage. I've definitely seen a lot worse
Thx for reply. Do you think SMP would be a good alternative to fix the density? Or is a second hair transplant the only option?

batman1122

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would go for a second tbh.
So you don't think SMP would work then? Im just afraid that my donor area will look even more worse than it does, and because im only 30 and don't know if im gonna recede in the future I feel like I maybe want to save the donor for later. In my head I'm buying time with the SMP, because then I can wait a couple of years to see if I'm gonna reced.

Like it is now, I must have at least 8 mm hair to hide the over harvesting the clinic have done. If I go back to the same clinic and do a second procedure, I might as well look like a leopard in the back of my head even when it's longer. I'm also in a middle of a job searching period, and if I do a second hair transplant with all the shock loss and so on, I would have to wait up to 6 months before I even want to show my self without a cap.

The healing from SMP is only a couple of days and I would be good to go almost instantly. I mean, if the hair fibres works like a charm, would'nt a SMP work almost the same?

batman1122

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah looks a bit pluggy, go to a reputable one next time and do your due diligence to check if they're good at placing hairlines or not.
Yeah I know. If I could buy time with SMP and fix the density a little better, maybe I have time to save some money for a better surgeon. Because I dont want to go back to the same clinic again.

jazz1

Reaction score
Post better pictures, looks decent to me….

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thx for reply. Do you think SMP would be a good alternative to fix the density? Or is a second hair transplant the only option?

Those grafts are compacted pretty densely - I'm not sure many surgeons would even attempt to "repair" this - send your pics to some though see what they say - Dr Erdogan, Dr Keser, Dr ******** , Dr Bicer , Dr Couto to name a few top ones

You can also go to hairrestorationnetworkk.com for some input

If you want to try this - it will pretty much give you a full head, it's better than toppik too. - https://www.ebay.com/itm/124936282506?var=426011537692