LoveMyStang's new-ish story

LoveMyStang

Reaction score
Well, how to begin...

I've been concerned with hairloss back since I was sixteen, though at the time, I wasn't experiencing it to any great degree. I just saw my dad, and got this feeling of inevitability.

I started seeing loss when I was twenty or so, and went into a phase of utter denial. I'm now twenty-two, and got on finasteride about five months ago.

So far, I'm not sure what to think of my results, though, it's still too early for me to make a decision. I don't have a digi camera, so bear with me:

I'm a norwood 2, mostly, with some SLIGHT thinning in the back. I think the impending bald spot's what snapped me into action, really...

Anyway, I KNOW I've had some regrowth on my left temple, though the right remains moderately barren of anything but small, dark vellus hairs (which may thicken over time, again, still too early to tell..) My back's, well, I guess better. To me, it's been looking better, and my friends who I told way back when have noticed that my hair's been more "textured" and appears far fuller.

I'm praying this works, or at least halts this loss. When I apply any sort of styling product, I've got noticably less hair in my hands (like, maybe one or two,) though showers usually yield more. I'm not too concerned with that, seeing as my entire mother's side (which, blast them, have NO loss genes, thanks dad,) had a history of fast growing, heavy shedding hair.

Anyway, opinions of my progress are appreciated. My excessive shedding periods were moderate, at worst, so I guess that's a good sign.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Sounds like your treatment is working!

When you think you've given it enough time, give it some more!

Welcome aboard, I wish you the best at maintaing and regrowing your hair. Please feel free to ask me and others any questions.

And as always,
GOODLUCK!

LoveMyStang

Reaction score
Thanks man.

Yea, when I visited my mom over Christmas, she noticed the change in my temple quite quickly.

Anyway, I've debated using some minoxidil to stimulate the growth on my left, but seeing as it's only good for what, five years, is it really worth putting effort into?

For someone of my level of loss, what sort of time will finasteride buy me, assuming I continue to improve?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
A combination of treatments, such as Finasteride, Minoxidil, and Nizoral shampoo will last much longer than 5 years. Although hair loss may become more pronounced 5 years or more down the line, it will be significantly slower. (More treatments will be coming out, too!)

There are tons of treatments available to hairloss, even your temples. I'm a little bit younger than you, and just look at my regime! I'm experiencing good regrowth, especially at the hairline. And just like you, my right temple is a bit worse, but it's definitely coming down to a Norwood 1, which is definitely acceptable in my opinion.

I'm sorry, I often rant. The best way to combat your hairloss is to get on the Big 3.

The big 3 include:

Propecia - Proven DHT inhibitor
Minoxidil - Proven Regrowth stimulant
Nizoral - Proven anti-androgen shampoo (prevent hair loss topically)

These will definitely give you results, and you can expect to enjoy your hair for years to come.

I am personally trying to keep my follicles alive until better treatments come along. How little did I know that I would regrow as much as I did in so short a time!!

By the way,
I miss my stang. I loved my 5.0.

LoveMyStang

Reaction score
I use Nizoral... good stuff. :)

Ah, yes. I've got a 96 GT, which I picked up dirt cheap and lookin' like new. I haven't done much work to it yet, due to finances, though I'm getting a full exhaust replacement done over the summer, with a new intake and some other simple goodies. It'll improve the power a LITTLE bit and make the car sound mean as hell.

I'm kind of leery with minoxidil, for the simple fact that it makes my hair feel awful. Aw well, you do what you gotta do, no?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Most people on these forums only recommend using minoxidil if you absolutely have to. I recommend getting on treatment as soon as you can, so you don't have to worry about things later.

Then again, if you're experiencing good results without minoxidil, then you might not need it.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
LoveMyStang said:
I use Nizoral... good stuff. :)

Ah, yes. I've got a 96 GT, which I picked up dirt cheap and lookin' like new. I haven't done much work to it yet, due to finances, though I'm getting a full exhaust replacement done over the summer, with a new intake and some other simple goodies. It'll improve the power a LITTLE bit and make the car sound mean as hell.

I'm kind of leery with minoxidil, for the simple fact that it makes my hair feel awful. Aw well, you do what you gotta do, no?

I use minoxidil with retin-A cream, then Australian golden Emu oil stops redness. It is also good for tennis elbow, lots of athletes use it. Poor Emus!
Boru