Love Handles

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
Davidoff said:
Aplunk1 said:
I'm in great shape at the moment, but there's one area that really bothers me: the love handles.

I have a pinch or two of fat there that bulges a bit outside of the belt. It just doesn't fit the look when I have an eight-pack a few inches away.

How can I burn these love handles off? Is there any exercise I can do?

I run LOTS-- between an hour to two hours a day, if I have time.

CCS, anybody?
Do you use minoxidil? I am also in great shape.I am a personal trainer.I used to have love handles aswell,Even though i have very little body fat,It was very confusing.I stoped using minoxidil because of facial swelling and not even three days after stopping minoxidil i noticed my love handles had completely disapeared.All along it was fluid retention.I will never use minoxidil again.

lmao!
?

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Run/jog 30 minutes every other day or thrice a week. Supposedly when doing a 1/2 hour jog/run the body will burn 1/3 of the fat in the initial 20 minutes and the other 2/3 during the final 10.

Also, eat several small meals per day. This speeds the bodys metabolism up.

ali777

Reaction score
dd11856 said:
Run/jog 30 minutes every other day or thrice a week. Supposedly when doing a 1/2 hour jog/run the body will burn 1/3 of the fat in the initial 20 minutes and the other 2/3 during the final 10.

Also, eat several small meals per day. This speeds the bodys metabolism up.

I think this thread is dead... the initial post is from Feb 2008....

I lost 3 stones in 12 months. Don't ask me how, I don't remember. I started jogging and paying attention to my diet. Then I got stressed, etc, and I simply forgot to eat :(

The next time I weighed myself I was 20 kg lighter. I am actually in the process of building a bit of a muscle weight. I managed to put on 3-4kg, but I need a few more. My problem is that I can go all day on caffeine and nicotine. Eating for me is like a chore.

If you want my tip on how to lose the love handles, I recommend you try coffee and nicotine diet :x .....

On a more serious note, I love jogging. I don't do it as often as I want, but it works my cardio, burns fat, regulates my metabolism and hormone levels, etc. I also find it extremely relaxing. If you don't have time for anything else, make an effort to jog 30 mins 3 times a week. You'll see the benefits. If I had time, I would do team sports like soccer and basketball, but that requires planning and commitment.

Sounds funny that I smoke and go jogging.....

The Gardener

Reaction score
Love handles are caused by excessive masturbation. Knock that cr@p out and you'll shed those puppies in a matter of weeks.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
You can't spot reduce, not without lipo anyway. Fat comes off last where it likes to go on first. Thats just the way it goes. To get rid of that last stubborn bit means peeling away most other fat stores first.

G

zxAddict said:
You can't spot reduce, not without lipo anyway. Fat comes off last where it likes to go on first. Thats just the way it goes. To get rid of that last stubborn bit means peeling away most other fat stores first.
True dat!

G

Aplunk1 said:
I'm in great shape at the moment, but there's one area that really bothers me: the love handles.

I have a pinch or two of fat there that bulges a bit outside of the belt. It just doesn't fit the look when I have an eight-pack a few inches away.

How can I burn these love handles off? Is there any exercise I can do?

I run LOTS-- between an hour to two hours a day, if I have time.

CCS, anybody?
Your love handles are there because your using avodart...

ali777

Reaction score
zxAddict said:

I have a question to those that say "you can't spot reduce". I believe spot reduction is possible, but the remaining fat in the body gets redistributed and eventually the spot reduced area will come back.... Am I wrong?

Basically, it is possible to work out one particular area very regularly to keep the fat off that area?

G

Slartibartfast said:
In that case mine should be along any minute now....
People have different genetics...The guy said he had an 8 pack with love handles....In my opinion its because of avodart...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bodies are built differently we are not all the same.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
zxAddict said:

I have a question to those that say "you can't spot reduce". I believe spot reduction is possible, but the remaining fat in the body gets redistributed and eventually the spot reduced area will come back.... Am I wrong?

Basically, it is possible to work out one particular area very regularly to keep the fat off that area?

You are wrong :)

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Love handles are my enemy right now, same with my lil gut .. the propecia might have to do somenthing about buts its very difficult to lose it. They say the hardest pounds to lose are the last 10, so true ..