Lots of New Info on Follica

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe Im really good at finding under the radar sh** or yall slacking lmao. Click control and then f (or command and then f if on mac) on your keyboard and then search follica. Lots of goodies in here. If there's certain bloggers out there who wanna give me a shout out for finding this first that would be dope too :mrgreen:

Here are some cool things I already read.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Follica’s technology employsa technique designed to stimulate thegrowth of new follicles and hairthrough disruption of the skin,followed by treatment with drugs andchemicals to enhance the effect onthese new hair follicles and potentiallyfurther develop new hair. Follica hascompleted three human clinicalstudies of patients with androgeneticalopecia to demonstrate hair growthand new hair follicle formationfollowing application of itstechnology. Follica has alsoperformed and funded preclinicalwork which, together with researchfrom the University of Pennsylvania(“Pennâ€￾), serve as the foundationalobservations on which thetechnology is based."

"Follica’s three clinical studies of patients with androgenetic alopecia demonstratedhair follicle neogenesis via biopsy following skin disruption and/or hair growththrough target area hair count. One of these studies demonstrated that skindisruption alone was safe and generates new follicles as well as new hair, but didnot achieve its primary endpoint as the chosen investigational compound (lithiumgluconate 8 percent gel) did not further enhance the effect. A separate clinicalstudy, published by third-party academics, indicated that the combination of skindisruption and an approved hair-growth compound, minoxidil, showed a 4xenhancement versus the efficacy of the compound alone"

MOST IMPORTANTLY

"Follica plans to initiate a registration study in the second half of 2016, with dataread-out in 2017.• If the data are favourable, Follica would potentially plan to seek FDA clearancein 2017, with commercial release to follow as soon as 2018."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Theres even a pic of the device they use. All this information hiding in plain sight, right on the puretech website.Hopefully they dont take this down off their site, and even if they do i took some screenshots already just in case. Anyway i got mid terms to study for. Have fun!

http://puretechhealth.com/images/investors/4179_PureTech-ARA_complete.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the typos guys, when i copy and pasted from the pdf i guess spaces were omitted and i dont know why.

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

Attachments

• Follica.png
    Follica.png
    200.3 KB · Views: 2,735

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
hair follicle neogenesis in humans? Well that would be a new thing in fact. I thought no one has accomplished that yet. I thought Follica was dead..

This board seem impressive:

"• The scientific advisory board is co-chaired by Dr. R. Rox Anderson (MGH andHarvard) and Dr. George Cotsarelis (lead inventor of Follica’s technology, UPenn),and also comprises Dr. Sarah Millar (Penn), and Dr. Ken Washenik (Bosley andpreviously Aderans Research Institute)."

much more impressive than the bahamas company..

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain what they are doing and how it is different from dermarolling?

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain what they are doing and how it is different from dermarolling?

Well for one im assuming their way is much more efficient, safe, with results that are reproducible. But thats me hoping. With samumed and this, i think we definitely have some contenders for regrowth.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Sorry to be such a nitpicker, but I hate that they're (Follica) marketing their wares using such an auspicious looking Norwood male patient undergoing their newfangled procedure.. I know it's sexy marketing and subliminally suggestive, but really it comes off really stupid.
For goodness sake put at least a NW3 in the shoot. I know all that counts is that Follica produces a superior treatment soon, safe, and effective.
Once this happens I'll gladly rescind my pet peeve outburst.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be such a nitpicker, but I hate that they're (Follica) marketing their wares using such an auspicious looking Norwood male patient undergoing their newfangled procedure.. I know it's sexy marketing and subliminally suggestive, but really it comes off really stupid.
For goodness sake put at least a NW3 in the shoot. I know all that counts is that Follica produces a superior treatment soon, safe, and effective.
Once this happens I'll gladly rescind my pet peeve outburst.

Maybe this his second session going for a touch up lmaoo.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, fantastic work Xaser94. I can't believe nobody had found this yet. Do you know when in 2015 this was released?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Great point Xaser. It seems petty, but I just can't help question a company's seriousness when these preventable gaffs surface. I prefer your outlook nonetheless. -)
Maybe this his second session going for a touch up lmaoo.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, fantastic work Xaser94. I can't believe nobody had found this yet. Do you know when in 2015 this was released?

I actually believe it was released yesterday. It says 2015 but the date on their website actually says it was released on the 7th of april, 2016. So this is the most updated news i think we could get.

Here is where I found it. They updated there whole site so maybe you guys could dig around. I saw in careers they're even looking for new vice president of clinical and product development for follica.

http://puretechhealth.com/investors-reports-presentations.php

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah this was released yesterday. This was reporting on the fiscal year 2015, but it takes time to actually publish these papers. Replicel will also be reporting on its fiscal year 2015 sometimes this month, though I'm not expecting much. I'm keeping a closer eye on Shiesido than Replicel.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica plans to initiate a registration study in the second half of 2016, with data read-out in 2017. If the data are favourable, Follica would potentially plan to seek FDA clearance in 2017, with commercial release to follow as soon as 2018.

7drHiqr.gif

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

damnit!! I have eagerly been awaiting your opinion on this all day and finally... you've broken my heart for the last time Hellouser!! :hairy: If that's Ron Paul, I'll forgive you.

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many promising things on the horizon now!

You write minoxidil + skin disruption gave 4x results. What if you're a non-responder to minoxidil to begin with? But I'm guessing the key in their studies is the "skin disruption".

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would Follica make a NW6 a fullhead if their science is correct?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Would Follica make a NW6 a fullhead if their science is correct?

That's what I'm wondering... If the achievement is making minoxidil 4 times stronger what is the effect of that? At this point shouldn't we have an idea of regrowth? I don't mean that in a combatting way but more so to get more information if anyone has it? I'm between a Norwood 2-3, can this out me to a 1, or a tweener 1-2? I realize a lot has yet to be explained but it seems exciting but how exciting?

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Many promising things on the horizon now!

You write minoxidil + skin disruption gave 4x results. What if you're a non-responder to minoxidil to begin with? But I'm guessing the key in their studies is the "skin disruption".

Hey bro, I could be mistaken, but no where does it say that minoxidil is what they will be using. Just that there is a study that exists conducted by somewhere else that with the addition of minoxidil, 4 times the results were observed. It was just to indicate that adding a compound to wounding can make results better I think. The study they may be referring to could be that study from india with pictures that got the forums dermarolling plus adding minoxidil awhile ago. This is why they say if results meet primary end points they will seek commercialization in 2018, leading me to believe it is a different compound, maybe fgf9? I think Cots told Desmond it would be awhile before anything came out of fgf9, but it seems like we can disregard that whole convo...he may have just been trolling us.

- - - Updated - - -

About time they went commercial.

I posted here instead of the other place because for one I hate the other place...and secondly to see your reaction lmaooo.