Lots Of Hair Loss Just Started Last Year Help

svangi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this started last year on July- August 2016 .I started noticing lots of hair loss. Everytime I combed my hair , there were lots of hair on my comb. I used to have really thick hair . And now due to hair loss its really thin . This is really stressing me out. I don't know why there are lost of tiny thin hair on the front hairline . Its not empty spotbut because of those thin tiny hair it looks bald . They don't seem to grow. Before aug 2016 , i never used to loss that much hair . I had healthy hair .I don't know thats the reasoning . Please help me.

I'm 20 years old almost 21 . Please i don't wanna go bald while i'm young :(

Hairmess

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

This is the action that you should take. At least after reading about hair loss and treatment extensively online and speaking to my doctor.

Get your blood work done. Check for thyroid, anemia, iron/ferritin and check your hormones.

Go see a dermatologist and have them look at your scalp and hair.

Start treatment asap.
After you speak to you doctor.

If it is pattern baldness:
Minoxidil. Do research first and see if this is something you want to do. It is a lifetime commitment.

Nizoral shampoo for inflammation. Also helps block DHT which attacks your hair follicle!

Eat healthy and excersize if you don't already. It will also help with the stress. Trust me I'm right here with you!!

svangi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

This is the action that you should take. At least after reading about hair loss and treatment extensively online and speaking to my doctor.

Get your blood work done. Check for thyroid, anemia, iron/ferritin and check your hormones.

Go see a dermatologist and have them look at your scalp and hair.

Start treatment asap.
After you speak to you doctor.

If it is pattern baldness:
Minoxidil. Do research first and see if this is something you want to do. It is a lifetime commitment.

Nizoral shampoo for inflammation. Also helps block DHT which attacks your hair follicle!

Eat healthy and excersize if you don't already. It will also help with the stress. Trust me I'm right here with you!!
Thankyou very much for your reply.I tried going to a dermatologist . She just touched my hair once and told me that I had low vitamin D . I even bought 3 month worth tablets. But that didn't help. I mean how could she without any blood test tell me that I have vit D deficiency . I found that very weird. Therefore Im going to my home doctor tomorrow .maybe he could suggest me some good dermatologist. And I also did some research online . After listening to similar cases ,I think I have chronic telogen effluvium but I'm not sure

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See a dermatologist and give them medical history and relatives losing hair on both sides for your family, do blood tests for Vit D, Thyroid, Anemia and hormones "Testosterone, FSH, LH" then the Dr should also examine the pattern of your hair loss and look for miniaturization, then diagnose the case and give you a treatment

Hairmess

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankyou very much for your reply.I tried going to a dermatologist . She just touched my hair once and told me that I had low vitamin D . I even bought 3 month worth tablets. But that didn't help. I mean how could she without any blood test tell me that I have vit D deficiency . I found that very weird. Therefore Im going to my home doctor tomorrow .maybe he could suggest me some good dermatologist. And I also did some research online . After listening to similar cases ,I think I have chronic telogen effluvium but I'm not sure
I also went to the dermatologist and she was not very helpful! I know how frustrating it can be. I just posted my hair loss story if you want to read. I've just started minoxidil 5% and I use nizoral shampoo 2 times a week.

I'm thinking of going to see another dermatologist and have a scalp biopsy done and see if I can get some answers.

Have you had blood work done? I had my thyroid checked as well as checked for anemia and I was normal for both. Thinking of going to get more labs done for ferritin levels and get my hormones checked as well.

Good luck!

svangi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got my blood report today . And I came to know that I have vitamin D deficiency . it was extremely low . So the doctor told me to take vit D ampule for like 12 weeks . I think it might be the reason for hair fall.
Thank you very much for helping me . I wish you all the best too . I hope our hair gets better . Good luck to us

Thinkouttabox

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm actually new to this forum and 18 yrs old only!
I guess...mine is AA (androgentic one) and i dont want to live stressfully the rest of my life...i have too great plans for it!
I was thinking....why dont we change the trend?
These docs and researchers have been researching for that onecure for ages...and if still in 2017 they cannit do it!
I believe they wont till we all die waiting to grow hair over our head!
How about thinking sth new? How about cuttiing off all the stresses until they find out the full reciepe to regrow our hair?

I LITERALLY DONT WANNA GO BALD! AND DO A TRANSPLANT TO LOSE HAIR AGAIN!
I WANT A BRIGHTER CHOICE A HAPPIER CHOICE WHICH MAKE US-THE SUFFERERS THE MOST BLESSED ONES!

I was thinking -WHAT ABOUT ARTIFICIAL HAIR GRAFTS OVER OUR SCALP THAT WILL BE PERMANENT?

We can force these compqnies to start competing for this thing...till they get the complete solution....lets live happily girls!

WE DID NO CRIMES TO SUFFER THIS!
WE ARE BEAUTIFUL..AND WE DESERVE TO LIVE WITH A HEAD FULL OF HAIR, BEQUTY AND DREAMS!❤

Thinkouttabox

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry mu above reply is too long...its a msg i am sending every msgs so that we can bring on new gappiness in our lives...
I seriously want us all to make a change in our lives girls..lots of love!

Lets get what we want and deserve!