I've developed an NW6 pattern 2weeks after hair transplant

The crown was good in shape before but now looks real thin

Anyone seen this before?

The transplant itself went great and is shedding nicely

Last edited:

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a bit weird, usually shock loss happens around the area where the grafts were taken so I am not sure in your case, it could still be shock loss, were you on any medication like minoxidil and have you stopped using it? that could be another thing, either way you should contact the clinic or the doctor that did the surgery they are more qualified should be able to help you.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a bit weird, usually shock loss happens around the area where the grafts were taken so I am not sure in your case, it could still be shock loss, were you on any medication like minoxidil and have you stopped using it? that could be another thing, either way you should contact the clinic or the doctor that did the surgery they are more qualified should be able to help you.

No meds, no nothing

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What have the clinic said?

Does seem weird...did they touch that part at all? If not then, further hair loss??

Raphael84

My Regimen
Reaction score
At what length did you generally have your hair pre surgery?
Perhaps provide another photo of your current situation and also any photos with longer hair pre hair transplant.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At what length did you generally have your hair pre surgery?
Perhaps provide another photo of your current situation and also any photos with longer hair pre hair transplant.

Situation is better now

Last edited:

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no way you can lose that much hair in just 2 weeks, this has to be shock loss or something, I would be very surprised if you don't recover in a few months, wait a few months and grow your hair to assess things better, good luck

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This could be shockloss. Depends on how much saline they injected to freeze your scalp and if they shocked your native hairs when making incisions. If it does not return in 8-9 months time, then something happened here and id ask other surgeons for consult on what to do. Best of luck

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had something similar as well. Did the front line and then realised 2 months after the procedure my crown is suddenly wrecked.

Have you started or stopped using minoxidil/finasteride? Becuase it could be due to shedding.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a similar hair loss pattern like you. Do you mind sharing your surgeon and how many grafts were used? Would appreciate some more pictures of how your hairline develops! Thanks

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anything you can take pre or post to lessen shock loss?