Lost All My Hair Within 6 Months Help Me

wolfe1457

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using Minoxidil last year around June 2017 and used 2 bottles for 4 months not regularly stopped using it from NOV 2017, after reading some sh*t posts, stopped using Minoxidil and corrected my diet by eating healthy stuff , but today i compared before and after PICS and it's shocking, i lost most hair.. i'm taking finasteride or anything at that time only Minoxidil that's it

Before

https://imgur.com/a/1APdaby

After

https://imgur.com/a/kDROQSE

one more before Pic

https://imgur.com/a/Qzobost

Last edited:

wolfe1457

My Regimen
Reaction score
Upload on imgur or something and share the link.
Not able to do it says

In order to prevent spam, certain functionalities are restricted for new members. As you become a more established community participant, these restrictions will be slowly lifted.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not able to do it says

In order to prevent spam, certain functionalities are restricted for new members. As you become a more established community participant, these restrictions will be slowly lifted.

Link it while separating some of the the letters(including the .com) so it doesn't translate into a link.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey, the lighting there could make the loss seem worse than it is but yeah you definately did lose hair. Using only minoxidil with advanced diffused thinning is a bad idea. I reccomend trying either finasteride or dutasteride with it and if you do get sides you can always get off of it. Keep in mind theres a better chance that finasteride doesnt work than there is of you getting sides from it. Goodluck!

wolfe1457

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, the lighting there could make the loss seem worse than it is but yeah you definately did lose hair. Using only minoxidil with advanced diffused thinning is a bad idea. I reccomend trying either finasteride or dutasteride with it and if you do get sides you can always get off of it. Keep in mind theres a better chance that finasteride doesnt work than there is of you getting sides from it. Goodluck!

one more with better light

https://imgur.com/a/Qzobost

wolfe1457

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on finasteride for 45 days now, i'm taking generic brand (FINALO)and it costs 2$ for 30x 1mg tabs in india, i didn't have any side effects should i start again with Minoxidil ?

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil causes your hair to fall out and then to regrow, but it's messy crap to use so people give up and all it did for them is cause huge hair loss.
Thinned my hair too, and I gave it up. I was getting a reaction to it, itching all over body and hives so I must be allergic to it also.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on finasteride for 45 days now, i'm taking generic brand (FINALO)and it costs 2$ for 30x 1mg tabs in india, i didn't have any side effects should i start again with Minoxidil ?

Yeah if I were you I would get back on minoxidil and continue using finasteride, it is your best shot. My hairloss is actually very similiar to yours and those are the 2 things that im using. Ive been using finasteride for 2.5 months and minoxidil for a month now and so far I am still going below baseline but am hopeful.

wolfe1457

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah if I were you I would get back on minoxidil and continue using finasteride, it is your best shot. My hairloss is actually very similiar to yours and those are the 2 things that im using. Ive been using finasteride for 2.5 months and minoxidil for a month now and so far I am still going below baseline but am hopeful.

Will my hair look same as before if i start using it again ? i don't have any pics before starting minoxidil so i was not sure whether i lost much hair or less hair after stopped using it ..

wolfe1457

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil causes your hair to fall out and then to regrow, but it's messy crap to use so people give up and all it did for them is cause huge hair loss.
Thinned my hair too, and I gave it up. I was getting a reaction to it, itching all over body and hives so I must be allergic to it also.

Will i lose more hair if i stop using it?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will my hair look same as before if i start using it again ? i don't have any pics before starting minoxidil so i was not sure whether i lost much hair or less hair after stopped using it ..

Its impossible to know until you try.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, don’t despair as terrifying as it is. Androenic alopecia is not the sudden loss of hair, instead it’s a gradual miniaturisation. Even if you miniaturise very fast your hair will still have to cycle through. Often androgenic alopecia is accompanied by a synchronized shed or telogen effluvium and kindly note hair growth therapies also cause mass shedding. Don’t worry - you need to give finasteride a year if not two, and try to stay with minoxidil. Since you are in India, I’d recommend the 10% foam by mintop as I found it to be mild and tolerable (I found Tu-gain and other lotions really irritating and also I currently use an alcohol free version that is equally awful). I’ve only used minoxidil nightly for the last 7 years.
I’m excited for you - I feel like you will regrow quite a bit with finasteride’s support : )
Never forget, if you’re losing hair you can always regrow it on the right medication for your body. I also recommend partnering with a Dermat who really understands hair loss.
Xxx

wolfe1457

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, don’t despair as terrifying as it is. Androenic alopecia is not the sudden loss of hair, instead it’s a gradual miniaturisation. Even if you miniaturise very fast your hair will still have to cycle through. Often androgenic alopecia is accompanied by a synchronized shed or telogen effluvium and kindly note hair growth therapies also cause mass shedding. Don’t worry - you need to give finasteride a year if not two, and try to stay with minoxidil. Since you are in India, I’d recommend the 10% foam by mintop as I found it to be mild and tolerable (I found Tu-gain and other lotions really irritating and also I currently use an alcohol free version that is equally awful). I’ve only used minoxidil nightly for the last 7 years.
I’m excited for you - I feel like you will regrow quite a bit with finasteride’s support : )
Never forget, if you’re losing hair you can always regrow it on the right medication for your body. I also recommend partnering with a Dermat who really understands hair loss.
Xxx
Thanks a lot friend for replying, i moved to france recently i only carried 6 months supply of Regain i already shaved my head and started applying minoxidil and taking finasteride 1 mg . As you said i will be getting mintop after i finished current supplies