Lost After Hair Restoration Clinic Consultation...

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know who to believe now. I just visited a hair restoration center where the consultant told me (M27):

- I’m too young for finasteride. Sides are too bad.

- Too early for a transplant (I knew that).

- PRP and laser are the best treatment options (supplemented by minoxidil and shampoos).

- Derma-rolling will cause me to lose hair.

- Take saw palmetto.

They did a hair analysis and confirmed that I have miniaturization and depigmentation in the temple area (thankfully everywhere else is great).

But the treatment options given to me basically go against everything I read on this sub. What should I do? Where should I go? I’m so lost.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and minoxidil is all we have. Prp and laser are expensive cons.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t know who to believe now. I just visited a hair restoration center where the consultant told me (M27):

- PRP and laser are the best treatment options (supplemented by minoxidil and shampoos).

- Take saw palmetto.

They did a hair analysis and confirmed that I have miniaturization and depigmentation in the temple area (thankfully everywhere else is great).

But the treatment options given to me basically go against everything I read on this sub. What should I do? Where should I go? I’m so lost.

Of course they are going to tell you that you're too young for finasteride. If you were 45 they'd probably tell you you're too old for it and that it will shrivel your dick up. How else would they sell their garbage laser treatments and useless supplements.

These places pray on the ignorant. They charge literally thousands for a treatment plan that is much less effective than taking a small pill daily and rubbing some generic minoxidil on your scalp.

Total con. Steer clear

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
age?

edit: you're 27 and they're claiming that you're too old?? lol. im 19 and gonna start taking it in a few days

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course they are going to tell you that you're too young for finasteride. If you were 45 they'd probably tell you you're too old for it and that it will shrivel your dick up. How else would they sell their garbage laser treatments and useless supplements.

These places pray on the ignorant. They charge literally thousands for a treatment plan that is much less effective than taking a small pill daily and rubbing some generic minoxidil on your scalp.

Total con. Steer clear

That's valid. They definitely don't make commission off of minoxidil.

age?

edit: you're 27 and they're claiming that you're too old?? lol. im 19 and gonna start taking it in a few days

Do you think finasteride can help prevent further recession? I'd like to regrow too if possible.

aIMG_2983.jpg aIMG_2984.jpg aIMG_2985.jpg aIMG_3026.jpg

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

- Take saw palmetto.

age?

27 too young for finasteride.
Now I have seen it all.
Did he think you needed it for prostate hyperplasia?

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to find a better f*****g consultant. They are preying on you. The fact that they offered you treatment options that go against everything you read here should be a major f*****g red flag.

I am so pissed of that places like these exist. If you haven't seen much hairloss then you are the perfect candidate for the Big 4.

I’ve already been to other hair transplant clinic in town. They said I was fine, but that was back in January — but maybe they just want my hair loss to progress to a point where a transplant is viable.

I’m seeing a dermatologist next week (not just for the hair loss), but I’m not getting my hopes up that he’ll do anything.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score