Loss In Facial Hair Density — Help Needed

Paulie777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, everyone.

Has anyone experienced a decrease in stubble density? About a year ago, I could go grow a thick beard with no problem. Now, it seems relatively patchy and less dense. I don’t have thick patches and thin patches — it’s just likemy density is thinning out. I’m almost 40.

I went to see a dermatologist, who said that it wasn’t alopecia barbae. She tried steroid injections, but they didn’t seem to help.

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone have any idea how to treat it? If I can treat it, that is.

Could it be an auto-immune thing? Inflammation?

if anyone can help, I’d really appreciate it. I’m already dealing with diffuse thinning on top. I don’t want it on my face, too.

ninjabib

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same thing. I had a bad accident about 3.5 years ago and my hair receded since then and my facial hair is WAY less than it used to be since the accident. Most of my body doesnt work like it used to.

Told likely down to mental health issues and stress from accident and hoped it would grow back but neither has even though health issues resolved.

SmartDwarf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently, spots began to appear( the absence of a small part of the hair) in general, the situation is similar, I think to go to the doctor.

SPD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, everyone.

Has anyone experienced a decrease in stubble density? About a year ago, I could go grow a thick beard with no problem. Now, it seems relatively patchy and less dense. I don’t have thick patches and thin patches — it’s just likemy density is thinning out. I’m almost 40.

I went to see a dermatologist, who said that it wasn’t alopecia barbae. She tried steroid injections, but they didn’t seem to help.

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone have any idea how to treat it? If I can treat it, that is.

Could it be an auto-immune thing? Inflammation?

if anyone can help, I’d really appreciate it. I’m already dealing with diffuse thinning on top. I don’t want it on my face, too.
Hi there,
i am 65, i have always had a thick and quick beard growth but i noticed about 5 months ago that the regrowth has slowed Noticeably!! and when the hair grows it is not the same, far more wiry, bristly and seems to be far more grey, i have other issues going on as well though, my arm pit and pubic hair is far more diffuse and not growing as quick, my eyebrows are thinning dramatically, head hair shedding Big Time, but, the hair on my arms and legs have suddenly started growing like wildfire!! Bizarre. i had a bad head impact followed by car accident about 2 years ago and i think everything that it going on is a result of that,. do you have any other issues going on with other areas of body hair?? my chest hair is thinning also..thanks

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,
i am 65, i have always had a thick and quick beard growth but i noticed about 5 months ago that the regrowth has slowed Noticeably!! and when the hair grows it is not the same, far more wiry, bristly and seems to be far more grey, i have other issues going on as well though, my arm pit and pubic hair is far more diffuse and not growing as quick, my eyebrows are thinning dramatically, head hair shedding Big Time, but, the hair on my arms and legs have suddenly started growing like wildfire!! Bizarre. i had a bad head impact followed by car accident about 2 years ago and i think everything that it going on is a result of that,. do you have any other issues going on with other areas of body hair?? my chest hair is thinning also..thanks
At that age your body hair starts to thin out, it’s normal.

SPD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same thing. I had a bad accident about 3.5 years ago and my hair receded since then and my facial hair is WAY less than it used to be since the accident. Most of my body doesnt work like it used to.

Told likely down to mental health issues and stress from accident and hoped it would grow back but neither has even though health issues resolved.
I had a bad head impact playing 5 siade football about 2 years ago followed by a bad car accident 4 months later, approx 6 months later i noticed serious head hair shedding!! i have always been really lucky and had a great head of hair but it is continuing to shed at such a rate that i will end up bald on top within a few months, its ridiculous, my eyebrows are thinning dramatically, my arm pit and pubic hair are nowhere near as thick and have slowed right down in growth and my beard growth has also slowed noticeably, but, the hairrs on my arms and legs are growing like wildfire!! its totally bizarre, have you had any other hair issues apart from beard?

SPD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
At that age your body hair starts to thin out, it’s normal.
but how come my arm and leg hair is growing like wildfire, to the extent i will look like a gorilla shortly, its totally contradictory? and i had no hair issues whatsoever prior to head impact and bad car accident?

ninjabib

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a bad head impact playing 5 siade football about 2 years ago followed by a bad car accident 4 months later, approx 6 months later i noticed serious head hair shedding!! i have always been really lucky and had a great head of hair but it is continuing to shed at such a rate that i will end up bald on top within a few months, its ridiculous, my eyebrows are thinning dramatically, my arm pit and pubic hair are nowhere near as thick and have slowed right down in growth and my beard growth has also slowed noticeably, but, the hairrs on my arms and legs are growing like wildfire!! its totally bizarre, have you had any other hair issues apart from beard?

Sorry to hear that! A head injury is life changing even if a minor brain injury. I don't have any of the things you mention regarding eyebrows arm pits etc.

I just got a receding hairline which seems to have slowed right down thankfully, far less facial hair than normal, lack of feeling in my fingers and toes, i've developed a lisp???! and weirdly, worst of all, smaller private parts :D

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
but how come my arm and leg hair is growing like wildfire, to the extent i will look like a gorilla shortly, its totally contradictory? and i had no hair issues whatsoever prior to head impact and bad car accident?

Hmm, it could be a trigger for a thyroid issue so maybe get that checked. Thyroid issues sometimes affect hair growth in unpredictable ways. But hair loss from everywhere is an indication of a few things. Could be auto immune, thyroid or a hormonal change in older age.

SPD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, it could be a trigger for a thyroid issue so maybe get that checked. Thyroid issues sometimes affect hair growth in unpredictable ways. But hair loss from everywhere is an indication of a few things. Could be auto immune, thyroid or a hormonal change in older age.
Hi Selb,
i am on thyroxine and have been for 20years, same daily dose, blood results are coming back at around the same levels as usual, i think obviously the car accident and head impact have triggered something, the head impact forced my head right back and i was knocked off my feet so it was very significant, it gave me whiplash for 3 weeks and as for the car accident, i also had bad whiplash but i was also burnt by the airbag only a very small burn, size of 5pence but it became infected and i had to take anti biotics, but i went through a stage of waking every morning for 10 nights at 2am drenched in freezing cold sweat and i could not get warm and i lost a stone in weight in a week even as i was eating all the wrong stuff to try and halt the weight loss, i am only 11 stone so a stone is significant, i appreciate that everything might have triggered telogen effluvium but my head hair and eyebrows chest hair, arm pit and pubic hair are not showing any signs of recovery after almost 2 years..

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive seen guys use topical minoxidil for their beards. And very low dose oral minoxidil thickens the beard as well.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im assuming everyone here is taking finasteride or duta right? They say beard tend to thin or patchy after prolong use of anti dht drugs for some people.

jazz1

Reaction score
Add minoxidil and folligen cream beard, plus derma roller and hair oils like divine herbal oil.

SmartDwarf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Add minoxidil and folligen cream beard, plus derma roller and hair oils like divine herbal oil.
Great advice.I started using minoxidil from the moment of my last post and already notice how the spots on my chin are beginning to grow hair.

jazz1

Reaction score

Attachments

• 8EA18A9F-9B02-4A8A-B016-C7CDE79BB0E1.png
    8EA18A9F-9B02-4A8A-B016-C7CDE79BB0E1.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 95