Loss And Regrowth. Progress Pictures. Treatment Timeline And Details. Shedding. Health Effects. | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

Loss And Regrowth. Progress Pictures. Treatment Timeline And Details. Shedding. Health Effects.

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Ramsey, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Georgie

Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How did you prepare your VPA? Was it an 8.3 or 11% solution? Vehicle and dose/ml ratio?

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi Ramsey,

Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm just starting out researching solutions and your story is the most helpful i've come across so far.

Did you consider hair transplant? I spoke to one doctor who recommended it for me. I realize he is selling me on a premium procedure for himself, but the latest advances in the procedure did make it seem like a good option, especially for recovering hair line areas.

3. bond515

bond515 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey Ramsey,

One of the most stunning write ups I have seen on hair loss! Thank you so much for your dedication and time in your experiences.

I've been taking finasteride and dutasteride, finasteride every day and 0.5 dutasteride on Sunday and Wednesday. I was hoping this was a low enough dose to not cause a hormonal shock that brings about Telogen Effluvium. After 5 months of this, it seems my diffuse thinning (similar to yours) has gotten slightly worse, and the shed continues. I am able to easily pull hairs out of my donor area, so I am getting a bit nervous I am suffering from chronic Telogen Effluvium from Dutasteride. I'm going to add some anti-inflammatories to see if that lessens my itch and shed.

In your studies, what do you think about Telogen Effluvium being induced by Dutasteride? Did you experience worsening of the hair? I am considering dropping it and hoping I can still maintain with Finasteride. I have been dermarolling with 1.5mm as soon as I started using dutasteride in the precise case of excessive shedding. Previously I've been using finasteride and minoxidil for the last 2.5 years.

Thanks! Always interested in an update on your situation as well.

4. Pephair

Pephair Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Not sure how I missed this one. Thank you for all the time you spent documenting your journey.

5. bill_bailey_lookalike

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi Ramsey,

Are you still off the Finasteride and still on Dutasteride? Where do you get your Dutasteride from? Are you still maintaining the same impressive results and how is your liver now?

I took Propecia for a year which only slowed my loss, added Avodart 0.5 mg MWF for four months to build it up which completely stopped my loss along with scalp itch and then dropped the Propecia. On dropping the Propecia I got scalp itch and loss again so will likely be upping the Avodart to everyday soon or adding the Propecia back. My confirm is the Avodart I’m getting from PharmacyDirectGB is counterfeit. Nizoral which I use every other day does help with the balding itch though

Thanks for your post, I’m very impressed by your detail and results