Loss And Regrowth. Progress Pictures. Treatment Timeline And Details. Shedding. Health Effects.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you prepare your VPA? Was it an 8.3 or 11% solution? Vehicle and dose/ml ratio?

CuriousMark

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ramsey,

Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm just starting out researching solutions and your story is the most helpful i've come across so far.

Did you consider hair transplant? I spoke to one doctor who recommended it for me. I realize he is selling me on a premium procedure for himself, but the latest advances in the procedure did make it seem like a good option, especially for recovering hair line areas.

bond515

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Ramsey,

One of the most stunning write ups I have seen on hair loss! Thank you so much for your dedication and time in your experiences.

I've been taking finasteride and dutasteride, finasteride every day and 0.5 dutasteride on Sunday and Wednesday. I was hoping this was a low enough dose to not cause a hormonal shock that brings about Telogen Effluvium. After 5 months of this, it seems my diffuse thinning (similar to yours) has gotten slightly worse, and the shed continues. I am able to easily pull hairs out of my donor area, so I am getting a bit nervous I am suffering from chronic Telogen Effluvium from Dutasteride. I'm going to add some anti-inflammatories to see if that lessens my itch and shed.

In your studies, what do you think about Telogen Effluvium being induced by Dutasteride? Did you experience worsening of the hair? I am considering dropping it and hoping I can still maintain with Finasteride. I have been dermarolling with 1.5mm as soon as I started using dutasteride in the precise case of excessive shedding. Previously I've been using finasteride and minoxidil for the last 2.5 years.

Thanks! Always interested in an update on your situation as well.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this one. Thank you for all the time you spent documenting your journey.

bill_bailey_lookalike

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ramsey,

Are you still off the Finasteride and still on Dutasteride? Where do you get your Dutasteride from? Are you still maintaining the same impressive results and how is your liver now?

I took Propecia for a year which only slowed my loss, added Avodart 0.5 mg MWF for four months to build it up which completely stopped my loss along with scalp itch and then dropped the Propecia. On dropping the Propecia I got scalp itch and loss again so will likely be upping the Avodart to everyday soon or adding the Propecia back. My confirm is the Avodart I’m getting from PharmacyDirectGB is counterfeit. Nizoral which I use every other day does help with the balding itch though

Thanks for your post, I’m very impressed by your detail and results

Bewlz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey friend, loved your in depth and honest account. Any chance of getting a 2020 update/pics?? Would be great to hear where you're at in your current hair 'journey' and regimen. I'm just starting topical PTD-DBM/VPA in combination with the other modalities listed on my profile...thinking of adding Dutasteride (oral and topical) into the mix as well...Cheers!
-Steve

jd_uk

Reaction score
Shame this guy never came back here it seems. Tbh what immediately stands out to me (and apparently nobody else) is the liver damage. I mean, hair is great but for liver damage? And I wonder what drugs are causing that. I've had my concerns about regular/continuous keto shampoo usage, because I remember reading that certainly taken orally it is a risk to the liver. And I also have read that AR inhibitors like finasteride can make people susceptible to fatty liver....but I would have to check that as it came from another forum user.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shame this guy never came back here it seems. Tbh what immediately stands out to me (and apparently nobody else) is the liver damage. I mean, hair is great but for liver damage? And I wonder what drugs are causing that. I've had my concerns about regular/continuous keto shampoo usage, because I remember reading that certainly taken orally it is a risk to the liver. And I also have read that AR inhibitors like finasteride can make people susceptible to fatty liver....but I would have to check that as it came from another forum user.
Any long term medication damages the liver. People who take meds for heart, blood preassure, pain, bones.. They all have fatty livers. It's sad but true

jd_uk

Reaction score
Any long term medication damages the liver. People who take meds for heart, blood preassure, pain, bones.. They all have fatty livers. It's sad but true
Damn. Well we only have one liver. Need to take care of it with as little meds as we can get away with. Do you think long term keto shampoo can be an issue? Or 'natural' topicals like zix?

Kennan123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would NEVER, EVER put that much stuff into my body. I am currently on topical Minoxidil and Finasteride for female pattern baldness but refused the oral minoxidil. Minoxidil is such a toxic drug that it has a black box warning (like opiates). No thank you. I have seen good results in three months with my current regimen. It could take a year but my liver won't be ravaged.