Losing the battle-what can I add?

pikehunter

Reaction score
I am 39 and I have been using Inhouse's Finpecia daily and applying Rogaine foam 2X/day for many years. While I have definitely slowed the progression (my dad's been baby buttbald since about 30), I am losing the battle. I have significant baldness in the crown and it is progressing from back to front. I stll have hair on the entire area; it's just much thinner. I am wondering what I might be able to add to attack the problem from a different angle? Any help? Thanks.

pikehunter

Reaction score
finfighter said:
pikehunter said:
I am 39 and I have been using Inhouse's Finpecia daily and applying Rogaine foam 2X/day for many years. While I have definitely slowed the progression (my dad's been baby buttbald since about 30), I am losing the battle. I have significant baldness in the crown and it is progressing from back to front. I stll have hair on the entire area; it's just much thinner. I am wondering what I might be able to add to attack the problem from a different angle? Any help? Thanks.

At this point you may have to go out on a limb and be creative. Some people have had sucess increasing their dose of Finasteride to 2.5 millagrams. Some people will dissagree with me on this because Finasteride has a relatvily Flat Dose Respondance. However certain doctors recomend at least trying this.

You could also consider switching from Finasteride to Dutasteride to achieve a more potent A5R and DHT hinderance. However, Dutasteride is a more potent drug which carries an increased risk of side effects and could have unknown health risks from long term use, this is often debated and there are many people who take Dutasteride with great results. One last thing that I will say is that, ordering prescription medications online will put you at risk for recieving counterfit or expired tablets, and there is a possibility that you are not receiving legitimate Finasteride.

You know, I have been thinking about this recently. I heard about Inhouse here and some were recommending them, but honestly, I have no idea what i'm getting. I don't feel optimistic about getting it prescribed by a Doctor. What do people here do? Are there any legit sources to get finasteride?

Thanks.

pikehunter

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give that a try. Any opinion on the S5 spironolactone? I thought it may be a good topical anti-androgen to add to the regimen.