losing my hair, my confidence, and my mind

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
my new years resolution was to stop being so obsessed about my hair loss. that lasted about 3 days.....

i try to stay away from mirrors, i try to be patient, and i try to stop worrying. but i can only do it for so long.

when im talking to someone and i see them glance up at my hairline it really depresses me. i spend so much time trying to hide it so no one can notice. im constantly comparing my hairloss to other people i see, its the first thing i notice.

after 11 months on propecia i have lots so much hair i cant believe it. it doesnt seem like it will work for me and seems to only be accelerating my hairloss. im so confused whether i should stop before it gets worse or try and hold on to the hope that theirs a slight chance it might work.

my scalp always seems to get irritated no matter what shampoo i try. its too sensitive to use nizoral or t/gel.

i feel ugly. and i feel ashamed that im going bald. its all i think about and i cant stop. i avoid friends and going out. i dont have the confidence to get a girlfriend anymore. im really feeling lousy. i would have been better to not start propecia. but now that i have, its ruined my hair.

if i stop maybe i wont lose my hair so quicky. but if i keep taking propecia than i may just continue to shed and end up going completely bald.

i hate that my hair controls me so much. i hate that it makes me hide from the world. im so depressed right now

G

if it helps am in your shoes too..
From reallt good looking guy with girls on every arm to nobody in 1-2 years.
Always think of finding a escape route to a place when hairloss doesent mather or is just cool or good looking.. But if it is such a place I guess travel agencies would advertise for it already..
SHAVING IT!!! yeah maybe if u got the right head for it and u face is clean like a polish car adn theets like perls...I think not many qualifu for it!
I think the best way is to just give a FUHCKKKK ABAUT IT and get some really ugly girls to bed.. working up from the bottom.. But if u feel sht you want even get a ugly one so yuo can give up life or just be happy or crazy.. you choose!! Like myself,,am not sure yet what i do.. Maybe we should go on a vecation together to that "Hairloss Rock`s" place and try pull some nice latino babes and party.. What you say?? :hairy:

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
i've also been searching for the place i can escape to where hairloss is cool...still havent found it. but the vacation and the latina girls sounds good!

i just dont feel like myself anymore. and i was just hoping that propecia would stop my hairloss and i could maintain the hair that i had. everyone says to give it at least a year but my hairloss is getting worse and i think if i was going to respond it would have shown some sort of result by now.

did you guys find that you seemed to lose hair faster once you started on propecia? i know people say this is impossible but before i was losing my hair at a slow but constant rate. its these constant propecia sheds that really seem to have made things worse. now i feel like im screwed cause if i stop pro i'll still lose hair, and if i keep waiting and taking it i'll keep shedding. why wont it work??!!!

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel kosmo, I was in the same situation you are in. I used to check my head a lot when I was out to see if the thinning showed. Now I don't let it bother me.

I was never much of a social person in school and even today. It seems I never fit in anywhere in college even when I try to be nice to people and introduce myself. People can be so cold and they don't realize it.

But now, I have goals which I'm going to set for life. I have some goals of getting back in shape and saving up for Hair Multiplication when it comes out. By the time it's availible, I'll have a good job and have savings for it. I also want to finish college and do well in life.

You just have to focus in the present and motivate yourself to do the things you like to do. It will take time, but it will be well worth it. Soon, when HM comes out or the next big thing for male pattern baldness you won't have to worry anymore about Hair Loss.

Hang in there!

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys. it helps to know other people are feeling the same way as me.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side, you at least had confidence at one point. I had been losing my hair since 16 years of age... And I was born witha receeded hairline...

kosmo said:
my new years resolution was to stop being so obsessed about my hair loss. that lasted about 3 days.....

i try to stay away from mirrors, i try to be patient, and i try to stop worrying. but i can only do it for so long.

when im talking to someone and i see them glance up at my hairline it really depresses me. i spend so much time trying to hide it so no one can notice. im constantly comparing my hairloss to other people i see, its the first thing i notice.

after 11 months on propecia i have lots so much hair i cant believe it. it doesnt seem like it will work for me and seems to only be accelerating my hairloss. im so confused whether i should stop before it gets worse or try and hold on to the hope that theirs a slight chance it might work.

my scalp always seems to get irritated no matter what shampoo i try. its too sensitive to use nizoral or t/gel.

i feel ugly. and i feel ashamed that im going bald. its all i think about and i cant stop. i avoid friends and going out. i dont have the confidence to get a girlfriend anymore. im really feeling lousy. i would have been better to not start propecia. but now that i have, its ruined my hair.

if i stop maybe i wont lose my hair so quicky. but if i keep taking propecia than i may just continue to shed and end up going completely bald.

i hate that my hair controls me so much. i hate that it makes me hide from the world. im so depressed right now

Doom

Reaction score
Looking for a place where hair loss doesn't matter ? It's called the US Military. When I was 25, I was so scared to death of hair loss and male pattern baldness that I seriously considered joining the army just because it was a place where you always had your head shaved. Joining for such a reason probably would have been a big mistake. Plus I'd probably be walking down a street in Baghdad right now.

:2gunsfiring_v1: I will fight on !!

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Doom said:
Looking for a place where hair loss doesn't matter ? It's called the US Military. When I was 25, I was so scared to death of hair loss and male pattern baldness that I seriously considered joining the army just because it was a place where you always had your head shaved. Joining for such a reason probably would have been a big mistake. Plus I'd probably be walking down a street in Baghdad right now.

:2gunsfiring_v1: I will fight on !!

lol.....i actually thought about that too.

2tone

Reaction score
Kosmo ,, yep its a real issue and i think its completly cruel for the medical profession not to realise how this condition has serious health ramifications not least to the psyche ..

The best advisce i can give you is to seek company of people who can help you take on this condition . The last thing you shoulfd be advised to do is to battle it obn your own , thats just to hard and cruel and the chasnces of your sucess will increase when you get with the right crowd .

I cant tell you who the right crowd is for yourself because it mainly has to do with where you live etc .. but i think you should be really objective about it and find the outfit through searching on the internet who has the best support system for haior loss in your region . they most likely will also be the crew that has no particular barrow to push but instead look at indiviauals and get you into the program that best suits you .

Whayt i think you are looking for is some place that valififies your situation .. the crew you have to hook up with have seen plenty of peiople in similar situations and they will be looking at your situation as a particular case and advise you on a range of things from dietary concerns right through to interventions .. you need a system to get into that can give you confidence that you are fighting a fight that you can win .. confidence will come from that .

Shave your head if you have good bone structure if that helps , it helps the mind think better i find , but do it if it helops you exist better anyway ..

Stay healthy , get regular physical exercise and thats a biggie .. get the sort of exercise that reinforces to you that you feel good as a person with your body , join a gym or running club w.. whatever suits you best .. it willl strenghten you response to any streessful situation if you are physically fir and healthy

Learn to fight if you like so you can straighten out people if they harass you , you might not ever have to do anything , but being able to handle yourself will give you a huge amount of confidence tio deal with people who want to bring you down

But remember this .. Women see male pattern baldness differently than Men , For many women male pattern baldness is the masculine expression of there feminine side and you might find the more overtly feminine women naturally are atractyed to y9u as a overtly male person ..

consider these things and put yourself first in your decisions

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks 2tone, thats good advice.

i got my haircut today and im feeling pretty depressed. i had let it grow pretty long cause i was trying to hide my hairloss. i got the sides and back cut short but left the top a bit longer. it looks really bad. a year ago my hair was pretty thick and would stand up on its own without gel. i was probably a norwood 2. but in my year on propecia im probably now a norwood 3 or 3.5 with pretty bad diffuse thinning. my hair just sticks to my head now and my crown is developing a bald spot.

i really dont think i have the guts to shave my head yet. but soon i will probably have to. i have a dermatologist appointment on Feb.28 so i want to wait till then to shave it.

does anyone have any pictures of haircuts/hairstyles for diffuse thinning and receding hairlines?

asdf2

Reaction score
kosmo said:
on Feb.28 so i want to wait till then to shave it.

does anyone have any pictures of haircuts/hairstyles for diffuse thinning and receding hairlines?

SOrry.i.have.no.space.bar.so.have.to.type.like.this.but.the.only.real.option.for.diffuse.thinning.is.shaving.it.........People.probably.look.at.your.hairline.caues.you.are.trying.to.hide.it.and.there.is.nothing.worse.than.a.guy.who.is.in.denial.tryihng.to.hide.their.hairloss.cause.it.just.doesn't.work...........Shave.your.head.and.accept.who.you.are.and.I.guarantee.you.will.get.less.looks.........My.life.improved.so.much.when.I.shaved.mine.and.now.I'meven.happier.than.before.I.started.losing.my.hair!