Losing My Hair Is Killing Me, Mind Is Always In A Dark Place With No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It started in my late 20's. But anyways, it sucks in your 30's too, trust me youll find out. If it didnt hurt so much balding and being in my 30's I wouldn't be on this forum. It sucks in your 20s, it sucks in your 30s, hell it even sucks in your 40s. Because no matter what age you are, you will always look like a freak when you are bald/balding, unless you are one of the very few lucky guys with a nice head shape that suits it. I am definitely not one of those guys.

But yeah, Im not criticizing anyone who chooses to use propecia, but i just dont want to risk it especially with my history of reactions to medications in the past. If there's side effects, I was always susceptible to them. But Im glad that it helps the people that it works for.

What do you guys think about the laser comb? Has there been any legitimate positive results from using one? If so, is there a certain brand and model that works the best?

Im a woman so i dont want to mislead when i give you some advice because i can not take finasteride...

I understand you have had side effects from other medications but were they more allergic side effects of did you take something that worked on hormones before?

I hope you take advantage of the experience of the men here to discuss your concerns in more detail because most of them seem to tolerate it and yes a few had terrible side effects but maybe they can explain what to look out for.

What about Minoxidil do you have same concerns?

their is also Keto 2% shampoo.

You sound desperate and it think you should seriously consider what these guys call The Big 3

brianw

Reaction score
BaldingRuinsLife,

You need to get proactive immediately. If you have not tried toppik or something similar (I use HairSoReal which is half the price and just as effective) you need to order some TODAY. It can potentially give you a full head of hair and confidence again. Don't worry that some chick will run her hands through your hair and will notice . That is the least of your worries and probably won't happen anyway. Then get a hair transplant. A lot of guys are sitting there waiting for a cure when a hair transplant is a virtual cure. It will give you hair that will never fall out ever again. It most likely will not give you a full head of thick hair but used in conjunction with a concealer it will be damn close and you will have it for the rest of your life. When the guys you know with thick hair lose their hair down the road (half of them will) you will still have yours. It takes two minutes to apply toppik once you get the hang of it. Whining about your hair loss and wishing you would die does nothing to get the problem resolved.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Concealers are a cope and hair transplants don't last forever, you need to stop your hairloss. Try finasteride, minoxidil, RU, and wish you respond, otherwise keep rotting.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

brianw

Reaction score
Concealers are a cope and hair transplants don't last forever, you need to stop your hairloss. Try finasteride, minoxidil, RU, and wish you respond, otherwise keep rotting.
Why do you say transplants don't last forever? I've had one for over thirty years. It's still going strong. Concealers enhance it. I've never taken a pill or used minoxidil. You don't know what you're talking about.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on an antidepressant when i was younger and it caused sexual side effects. I tried rogaine and it made my heart race and my face break out in reddish type rashes. I took pain killers after I had my wisdom teeth pulled and they made me throw up. etc..

I am going to save up for a transplant. Just curious are you a sufferer of genetic alopecia?

Ive been considering trying to find a woman with thinning hair as infeel like they would be more understanding an open to being with a guy who is thinning or balding himself. Its hard though because there are so few, if any, women that i meet at any age who are going through hair loss.

the pain meds on empty stomach is very normal to cause vomiting especially if it was vicadin which is normal after oral surgery--same thing happen to me. its not an allergy its just not really great med to give on empty stomach.

The antidepressant is also notorious for causing sexual side effects i think it sort of makes you lose interest apathy.

The Rogain i have heard that a few times on here.

I guess what i am saying is you may want to think about the propecia and see if you start to feel 'off' on it go off it. i dont think it causes permanent side effects..I would pick one of the guys here to have a private chat with.

hair transplant is great but i think you have to think about going on something to ensure against future loss.

I am 45 and i cannot speak for other women for myself hair was not ever conscious thing in evaluating mens attractiveness. I was more turned off by fat men. Or overly buff men that looked unnatural. I like men and women to be proportionate for their height frame. Few extra pounds is fine but if the body looks distorted i am turned off sexually.

FootyStar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive researched the doctor and his work after seeing this response. So do you really feel his work is actually going to lead to a cure for us within 5 years? It seems like a too good to be true situation.

Well I think five years is the aim (let's see whether they can meet that deadline it or not). But yes ultimately I believe Tsuji has the cure.

When I first heard about Tsuji/Kyocera/Riken I thought his was too good to be true as well. However, when I learned that Tsuji has already managed to develop skin tissue with hair follicles and all and that his research is not only backed by a government funded company but also very reasonable theory, I was sold.

brianw

Reaction score
I have decided to save up for a transplant. Where is the best place to order hair so real?

Youre right that whining wont solve my hair loss issues but it has me so depressed and feeling hopeless. I feel so ugly and inferior now. Ive never been depressed by anything so badly in my life before.

Just search HairSoReal on eBay. Sellers on eBay ship out almost immediately. You'll have it in no time. Obviously if you have a receding hairline it's not going to lower that for you but where you do have hair it will make it amazingly thick and it doesn't have to be much hair at all. Hopefully that will give you a brighter outlook and you will have the knowledge that a hair transplant will reverse the balding process. It sucks so bad to have to live with balding. I started losing my hair in my late teens and was so distraught about it I decided that going bald was not an option. I opted to go the hair transplant route and here I am at 57 years old with more hair than most guys my age. The people that cut my hair can't tell I've had a transplant and I know they aren't just being polite. They really can't tell. It's scary to go through with it and it is costly but it's the only option to bring back hair that's gone. The technology has come such a long way. Dr Cole in Atlanta gives the option of getting a transplant without shaving your head. I'm sure other doctors offer that as well. Costs more money but no one knows you're getting it done. Don't listen to opinions of transplants from people on this forum that haven't had one themselves. I think a lot of them knock it because they're too afraid to get one. Don't go through life afraid to take a risk to improve yourself. What do you have to lose?

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you say transplants don't last forever? I've had one for over thirty years. It's still going strong. Concealers enhance it. I've never taken a pill or used minoxidil. You don't know what you're talking about.

If you were not on any pill, then how did you manage to stop your hair loss? Or did you just get an hair transplant every time you lost a bit more hair? If my body could tolerate finasteride, then I'd be more open to an hair transplant, since I could at least stabilize my hair loss.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spoiler alert: he does not dare to even try finasteride. Even though he prays he dies. I feel sorry for him losing his hair like everyone else here on HairLossTalk.com, but cmon.

This was even funnier the 2nd time round, because it's true and puts it in perspective. Afraid of limpdick but desperately wants to die.

Well now he's deciding on a hair transplant so it's all worked out in the end. Hope he realises he'll need finasteride for a year after the transplant though.

brianw

Reaction score
If you were not on any pill, then how did you manage to stop your hair loss? Or did you just get an hair transplant every time you lost a bit more hair? If my body could tolerate finasteride, then I'd be more open to an hair transplant, since I could at least stabilize my hair loss.
I had to keep going back for more procedures as I lost hair. Had finasteride been available back then I would have tried it. There finally came a point where a pill called propecia came on the market and it was advised that I take it but at that point I had so little of my original hair left I didn't think it was worth it.

shookwun

Reaction score
Bad decision. Even for someone on Finasteride there will be gaps between the transplant and native follicles as they erode. Spaces will form between each other.

Native follicles are most important when ensuring a good long term result