Losing hair since mid 15's

barabarabara1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm at currently 17 years old with a receding hairline (norwood 2-3?) and as i said, i started losing my hair somewhere around late 2018 (started to notice it in 2019) and i wanted to know what would you guys recommend me to do. Also, one side is bigger than the other one. Here are some pictures (Oh, and i also made two lines to give you a somehow perspective of how my hairline would look if i had no hair loss)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

(Back of my head is ok, i have a double crown so it always looked a bit odd)

Talking about family sides, they are both messed up, father's side is pretty much the worse (Everyone at mid-late 20's Norwood 7) mother's side is also messed up (Uncle, about NW5-6 Grandfather was NW7)

Luckily my hairline right now is pretty much easy to hide in several ways possible, but that won't be possible in the future

Wanted to know any recommendation for my age (if possible), if you have any questions feel free to ask

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm at currently 17 years old with a receding hairline (norwood 2-3?) and as i said, i started losing my hair somewhere around late 2018 (started to notice it in 2019) and i wanted to know what would you guys recommend me to do. Also, one side is bigger than the other one. Here are some pictures (Oh, and i also made two lines to give you a somehow perspective of how my hairline would look if i had no hair loss)

View attachment 161606

View attachment 161607

(Back of my head is ok, i have a double crown so it always looked a bit odd)

Talking about family sides, they are both messed up, father's side is pretty much the worse (Everyone at mid-late 20's Norwood 7) mother's side is also messed up (Uncle, about NW5-6 Grandfather was NW7)

Luckily my hairline right now is pretty much easy to hide in several ways possible, but that won't be possible in the future

Wanted to know any recommendation for my age (if possible), if you have any questions feel free to ask

It's hard to recommend treatment to you because of your age.

I'd recommend trying minoxidil first until your 18. Then if you want to, and you outweigh the risks try finasteride. In the mean time using Microneedling and shampoos such as Nizoral and caffeine shampoo might be worth starting.

barabarabara1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, sadly i don't have too much options, right now i'm only using a caffeine shampoo (also nizoral when available), maybe i should give microneedling and minoxidil a try. Luckily i'm going to be 18 in a month, so i hope i get a finasteride prescription by then.

Thanks for the suggestions, i really appreciate it

JRimmer27

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, sadly i don't have too much options, right now i'm only using a caffeine shampoo (also nizoral when available), maybe i should give microneedling and minoxidil a try. Luckily i'm going to be 18 in a month, so i hope i get a finasteride prescription by then.

Thanks for the suggestions, i really appreciate it
Yeah am 19 next month and it sucks badly. I've ordered some minoxidil to try but I personally don't want to start finasteride just yet; Hopefully everything will be okay. Just awful that my temples are receding while all my brother's have better hairlines than me in their late 20s *sigh*. Hopefully it'll stabilise or something.

Might be worth - if it's upsetting you - to also look into therapy as it might help alleviate the distress.

Jimmy.

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please ignore the troll and the crazy HRT pusher, this is a life altering decision that will feminize yourself and most straight males don't want to partake in just to save hair. Only here this kind of sh*t is ok to suggest to a 17 yr old dude who is asking for help with his receded hairline.

Nvm, Janey deleted his posts again lol, I hope they're not PMing you.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please ignore the troll and the crazy HRT pusher, this is a life altering decision that will feminize yourself and most straight males don't want to partake in just to save hair. Only here this kind of sh*t is ok to suggest to a 17 yr old dude who is asking for help with his receded hairline.

somebody needs to prevent Janey and their acolytes from grooming young guys like that

that is just messed up

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in a similar spot. Finasteride is your only option tbh. Wait until a medical professional deems it appropriate to prescribe it to you. If you can tolerate minoxidil start that, it’ll add gains when combo with finasteride. If you haven’t already use ketoconazole 2% ~1x a week.

barabarabara1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hahahaha luckily no one send me a PM (yet) I love my hair and i would do my best to keep it healthy and thick, but HRT for hair growth? No thanks. Didn't expect my first day here reading someone wanting to feminize myself. Hope the forum aren't always like this

barabarabara1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in a similar spot. Finasteride is your only option tbh. Wait until a medical professional deems it appropriate to prescribe it to you. If you can tolerate minoxidil start that, it’ll add gains when combo with finasteride. If you haven’t already use ketoconazole 2% ~1x a week.
Yeah, that's pretty much my plan, i would like to start with only one of them tho (maybe finasteride) and later on add minoxidil. Thanks, appreciate it