Losing Hair Since 17 - Rogaine - Progress!

DONTWANNAGETBALD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I wanna share my story and ask you a few questions.

Prehistory and family
Papa is completely bald (stage 5-6), he began to get bald from the age of 17. In the photographs after school (17.5-18 years) it is noticeable that temples began to get bald (maybe NW2). After the army - he was 20 years old - he's been on NW3, maybe 3.5
Mom: hair from birth is thin. Recently we looked at the condition of her hair, we suspect a sluggish Androgenic alopecia (at the back there are more hairs, at the entire upper zone there are less hairs). The hairline is perfect.
Grandma by my mother: she is now over 80, her hair was always not thick. Line of forehead - small bald patches (maximum NW2).
Grandpa by my mother: was affected by baldness, but not until full baldness. By ~ 60 years, he still had quite a lot of hair. I'll try to find more information.
Grandma by my Dad: perfect hair. Unimaginably thick. From her words, in her youth they were even thicker, but looking at her hair in 75+, I can not believe that it can even thicker :)
Grandpa by my Dad: by the age of 30, the line of the forehead was a very sharp triangle with advanced bald patches on the sides. Very sharp and deep. At least Norwood 3.
Uncle by my Dad: by the age of 30, NW3 on temples.

My history
I began to grow bald from 17.5 years. Now I'm 19.5.
Hair comes greasy fast from the beginning of the teenage period. I wash hair almost every day.
At the end of August 2017 I noticed my baldness. The forehead line began to become a triangle; Also thinning from above (it seems it was quite thin by the age of 18). I went to the doctor. From that moment I use minoxidil (Rogaine) on the entire upper surface of the head, and also had a plasmalifting course. About from November 2017 I use a keto shampoo (Nizoral) 2 times/week.
By the beginning of 2018 frontal bald patches are patrially restored. The hairline on the temples is very thin yet. I hope it will become thicker. I hope to get an ideal hairline. And it's difficult to say about the top of my head.

Now photos!
Sorry for watermarks and writings in Russian - I previously posted this to a national hair loss forum.

17,5 yers. The thinning starts.
image.php.png

18 years. The hairline becomes a triangle.
image.php.png

18.5 years

image.php.png

19 years 3 months, last photos before starting treatment:

image.php.jpg

image.php.jpg
image.php.jpg
image.php.jpg
image.php.jpg

Beginning of January, 2018 (19 years 7 months old)
Seems like there is a result, but you judge!
image.php.jpg
image.php.jpg
image.php.jpg

image.php.jpg
image.php.jpg

February 6, 2018:
image.php.png
image.php.png

Now my questions:
1) What would you say about my current hair condition? Is it thick? Do you see that treatments work or no?
2) Will I be able to stay on Rogaine and Nizoral for a long time?
3) What Norwood grade would you give me?
Also I will be glad if you say anything else on the topic. Thanks everyone in advance!

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo. thanks for the post. I'm also around your age. You ever considered adding finasteride?

2) Will I be able to stay on Rogaine and Nizoral for a long time? Sure, if they work for you. But you're going to have to add an anti-androgen since rogaine does not stop the DHT from eating your hair.
3) What Norwood grade would you give me? NW1.5 perhaps? Wouldn't say above 2 atleast.

YoMrWhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's barely 20 bro. You feel like it's a good idea for someone who still might be developing?

I got on it at 19 and it worked for me. I even managed to grow a full beard in my mind 20s. And most guys are fully developed at the age of 18-20. His bones have ossified by now. Even if he as a little bit of growth left its not worth saving only to be bald in his early 20s lol. He will literally be a social outcast and never get laid.

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got on it at 19 and it worked for me. I even managed to grow a full beard in my mind 20s. And most guys are fully developed at the age of 18-20. His bones have ossified by now. Even if he as a little bit of growth left its not worth saving only to be bald in his early 20s lol. He will literally be a social outcast and never get laid.
I feel like you're a member at incels.me? Just guessing due to the use of words such as "COPE"

shookwun

Reaction score
dat dere accutane for next thread?

DONTWANNAGETBALD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies!
About finasteride - I still haven't reached Rogaine plateau yet (5.5 months of use, still see progress).
Also, on a national hair loss forum there is a dude who sells "5% Minoxidil sulfate 0.1% dutasteride" which, from his words, will work as an androgen blocker when used topically:
volosy com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8874 - the forum doesn't let me to post URL's, sorry
(not ads, just asking) - what do you think of that?

Actually, I'm more worried about the top of my head for now. I use Rogaine there, but I'm not really sure whether I have results there or not. My parting seems thin, and it looks like I have less hairs on the top of my head (I suppose that not only on crown, but on the all upper part of head).

New dat dere accutane for next thread?
Excuse me, what do you say?
Rogaine is COPE
What does this word mean?

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see thinning at the front area. Also, your crown seems to get worse.

But, the good news is that your hairloss isn't so dramatic or you are a really good responder to Minoxidill. You can start taking low doses of Finasteride and monitor your overall state and health (blood tests) just to make sure that it doesn't harm you.
Since you respond well to Min you should be interested in dermarolling, theoretically, it will enhance your results.

BTW, I understand Russian, so you can send me a private message and I will share my experience and knowledge in hair loss.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil mate.
Get on it. Also finasteride and Nizoral. Big three always to begin with. Good luck.