Losing Hair On Top Of The Head Really Fast

xaion

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 35 year old man who is experiencing some rapid hair loss. So I've had a receding hairline for quite some years. But in the last year or so I've lost a lot of hair on the vertex. Just in 3 months it seems like there's been a huge loss of hair. Other people have noticed my hair loss as well.

Is it really normal to lose hair so fast? First pic is from July 7th and second one is from October 1st.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 216
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 217

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey hairloss with male pattern baldness can accelerate fast, what do you currently use for hairloss? As the recommendation is the BIG3:

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Ketaconazole

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Definitely go see a dermatologist, but it looks like classic male pattern baldness from here. As @jazz1 said, finasteride and minoxidil, because your hair loss was so recent, could regrow a lot of it back, so definitely look into them.

jazz1

Reaction score
Definitely go see a dermatologist, but it looks like classic male pattern baldness from here. As @jazz1 said, finasteride and minoxidil, because your hair loss was so recent, could regrow a lot of it back, so definitely look into them.

Yep 100%.

xaion

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't use anything. It just came as a shock to me how fast this has happened - I think the head was completely covered at the beginning of the year. Isn't it quite extreme for less than 3 months?

jazz1

Reaction score
I don't use anything. It just came as a shock to me how fast this has happened - I think the head was completely covered at the beginning of the year. Isn't it quite extreme for less than 3 months?

male pattern baldness can accelerate fast, should you want peace of mind get tested as that looks like male pattern baldness....

You have good options like the BIG3,

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Ketaconazole

xaion

My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness can accelerate fast, should you want peace of mind get tested as that looks like male pattern baldness....

You have good options like the BIG3,

Finasteride
Minoxidil
Ketaconazole

Okay I'll look into those 3 products - I had never heard of them before until just recently. I didn't know it was this bad until I took some pics a few days ago.

jazz1

Reaction score
Okay I'll look into those 3 products - I had never heard of them before until just recently. I didn't know it was this bad until I took some pics a few days ago.

I would first go seek professional advice as your new and Finasteride is medication ! Where are you from?

jazz1

Reaction score

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is super fast hair loss. I would predict you have had slow thinning going on for years, until this point. It just vanishes in a couple of months. Thats what happened to a dude I know. Hop on finasteride + minoxidil asap.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is super fast hair loss. I would predict you have had slow thinning going on for years, until this point. It just vanishes in a couple of months. Thats what happened to a dude I know. Hop on finasteride + minoxidil asap.
Yeah he really hasn't much time left to think about it. He has to jump on it in the next few weeks or it looks dire tbh.