Losing Hair As I Am Only Person In Family

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one in my family (few siblings) is losing hair or bald. I had pain in my hand because of possibility of arthritis. My doctor gave me medicine and she mentioned the side effects can be hair loss. After 2 months I noticed a lot of hair loss and there is small scalp on back head already. This happened over 2 yrs process

do you think this is permanent or a treatment such as Men Rogaine will help?

Prepareyourhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is most likely not permanent. Do you plan on staying on the medication? If so then yes look into minoxidil, if you plan on getting off the medication hair should grow back. If hair does not grow back possibly talk to your doctor about finasteride as it could have started the onset of male pattern baldness.

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took those medication back in Jan 2019 only for 2 wks until pain in my hand went away. So I stopped. Later I asked the same doctor about hair loss, she said use Monixidil. In July I used Monixdil drops. Didn’t like it.
Finasteride has some side effects with birth issues I don’t want to take that risk.

my hair didn’t grow back. My elder brother has same type of pain in hand. Not sure what Medicine he took. He has a lot of baldness. My other 3 siblings who never had these types of pain or never took those medicine has Zero baldness

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. You have make pattern baldness, the sooner you come to terms with it the better. Get on finasteride.

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure there are other solutions. I’m on Monoxidil foam version. I believe only reason this is happening because of some medicine. Finasteride is too much risk & just another medicine

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure there are other solutions. I’m on Monoxidil foam version. I believe only reason this is happening because of some medicine. Finasteride is too much risk & just another medicine
Finasteride is actually not very risky but okay..

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is actually not very risky but okay..

It is most likely not permanent. Do you plan on staying on the medication? If so then yes look into minoxidil, if you plan on getting off the medication hair should grow back. If hair does not grow back possibly talk to your doctor about finasteride as it could have started the onset of male pattern baldness.

what about Minoxidil?

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can improve the efficiency of minoxidil with a dermaroller. It works fine, there's tons of topic about it here.

You should have positive signs that it is working around the 3 months mark.