Losing from back & sides

Deaner

Reaction score
I noticed in the shower today that I was losing fairly large amounts of hair (short and fine hairs to boot) from the back and sides of my head, the supposedly male pattern baldness insensitive areas of the head. Everytime I ran my hands through these areas, I'd get 5-10 hairs, for a grand total of probably 200 hairs between the two areas combined. It was ludicrous. Anybody know what this is all about? Something I should be worried about? A deeper problem than male pattern baldness perhaps? Thanks for any responses.

G

I had that too back when i first started fina. It subsided though. Maybe its an overall shed. I don't know. I remember i posted the same question way back, and so did some other guy.

G

Same problem here.

When I wash my hair I lose maybe 2 or 3 hairs from first 1/3 of the scalp but the back and sides are killing me.

Oh well.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
did you guys notice thinning also? or just hair falling out with no cosmetic change. Cause i'm actually thinning on the sides above the ears too for some reason

Deaner

Reaction score
I can't tell if there's been a cosmetic change, my hair's quite long at the moment.

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
I shed more from the back and sides than the top too.

I just assume that there are more hairs there to shed! I don't think it's true to say that these areas are immune to male pattern baldness, they're just less severely affected. Just as most people who don't go bald still thin a little on top.