Lorenzo's Story (Pics Included)

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Remember the hair you had in High School, well my last name means Bald in more than 3 languages and I still missed all the signs. I had massive amounts of hair.

I'll make this brief: age 26 on Merck Propecia & Nizoral since 01/2006.
Sadly I did not use the Nizoral as recommended, but maybe half of the time that was needed.

Supplements: MegaMen, Fish Oils, Protein, Melatonin sometimes, Antioxidants, Creatine sometimes, Biotin, Chromium, Alpha Lipoic,
Hoodia, NO-Explode sometimes & Lipo-6.

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking guys and please tell me what steps you would take in my situation.

P.S. Before Propecia I Rogained in the temples. I quit after a month so it felt like it accelerated loss. I know it's not the case but I won't use it on the Vertex quite yet.

P.P.S.Last thing please tell me what you think my Norwood is, Thank You!!!

P.P.P.S. Everybody feel free to ask me any questions or leave me a suggestion!

Day: 1

Day: 90-120

Month: 11

Month: 13

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi there, welcome to the forum :)

you're situation isn't too bad and your hair looks really healthy. I think you've taken charge of the situation just in time.

It looked like your vertex was beginning to thin on Day 1 but that situation seems to have been reversed (although your pics are wet and dry so it's hard to tell for sure).

the only way you're likely to regrow hair on your temples, and restore your hairline, is by using Minoxidil. Or by getting a small hair transplant. Or maybe Tricomin (but I don't know too much about that - someone else?). From what I've seen propecia only helps your hairline in very few cases.

Personally, I would keep doing what you're doing. Propecia will stop (or at least significantly slow down) your hair loss. And if you can maintain what you've got now ... well, I'd be very happy :)

I feel that minoxidil is an absolute last resort and should only be used by those with very poor hair who are desperate to regrow. That's just my opinion though.

I'd say you're about a NW2, although I'm hardly an expert in judging that sort of thing. I actually think you kinda suit that hairline, it looks good on you. Like a mature hairline. How do usually style your hair?

by the way, I'm 26 too and worse-off than you so don't feel too bad ;)

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Follow Up

FlimFlam thanks so much for that. I actually don't style my hair to often but when I do it's the messy look.
I will repost with dry pics of the vertex I think it probably just got a bit thicker plus I just cut my hair to the exact length of day one.
I am in the middle of what I believe to be a small shed because I switched my Propecia to an empty stomach in the mornings. Used to take it at night half the time with a meal. So I am aiming at a greater consistency.
I think I will ad some Tricomin Shampoo and Conditioner like you mentioned at the very least to the nizoral, Head N Shoulders rotation.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you are responding very well! Keep it up man, dont second guess and dont mess with success either!

I think you are a Norwood 2. I would need more pics to decide.

Also, the hair at your right temple looks very strong and healthy as does the forlock (front)

Thanks for sharing your story and all the best to you! :D

You can add Tricomin or Haircycle products and Nizoral 1% 2 times week. You might want to look into topical 5% spironolactone cream for the hairline applied at night right after the minoxidil. if you really want to get aggressive with your battle against male pattern baldness. You can get that from Dr Lee at minoxidil.com

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much LookinGood, It really motivates me to hear that you think I am good since you are a senior poster in the forum.

I am really amazed at how many people have seen my post, I am happy to answer any questions.

I bought the Foam applied it but freaked out. Something just did not feel right. So I washed it out. I think that with only a 30% response rate, the hassle and sides I just won't go down the Rabbit Hole any deeper with minoxidil. I will return it and keep looking at what else I can do.

One cool thing I saw was the pictures for FUE, where they poke tiny holes in you head. I think I will do that sometime in the future. I have always been wary of the big scar but FUE seems legit.

Any advice on something mellow to add to my nizoral & Propecia regimen. Getting back temples is priority???

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Lorenzo_91 said:
I bought the Foam applied it but freaked out. Something just did not feel right. So I washed it out. I think that with only a 30% response rate...

The response for the foam is over 80%.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on the fence here about the foam and I appreciate the clarification on the fact that it works for the majority of people.

Does anybody have any thoughts about their personal experience to try to sway me one way or the other.

The can of Foam is staring at me everyday.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Lorenzo_91 said:
I am on the fence here about the foam and I appreciate the clarification on the fact that it works for the majority of people.

Does anybody have any thoughts about their personal experience to try to sway me one way or the other.

The can of Foam is staring at me everyday.

Do you really need it?

Any shots of your crown when your hair is dry?...because I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to tell you've been thinning. Am I right?

As far as your hair line goes...looks like a Norwood 2 to me which is perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Assuming you can't see scalp when your hair is dry, I see no reason why you shouldn't just stick with finasteride and maintain what you've got.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey Lorenzo_91 welcome to HairLossTalk.com
you look like a clasic NW2 to me ,i gotta say your hair looks good in my opinion your tempels are going back but if you could keep them where they are you should be very very happy with that
i gotta say i had crapy hair all my life(impossible to style wavy crap)so ive been buzzing it for years so it dosent make so much of a difference it must be much harder to loose nice hair like yours
minoxidil foam is great at regrowth and if you also use finasteride its avery high chance itll woyk for you but i wouldnt startt it if i was you,its not worth it!
do the nizoral the finasteride or dutasteride live healthy and sleep well and that should do it
if your hairloss turns to be agrasive you could add the foam when its getting bad

Jm0311

Reaction score
yea i am borderline getting on foam myself but i dont think im at that stage yet..im barely an Norwood 2.

Lorenzo try the spironolactone cream. some finasteride, revivogen spray and some nizoral

are u on finasteride now? btw
have u gotten on foam yet?

kidloco

Reaction score
Normal hair!!!

just would like to know what is wrong with your hair even before your treatment....and not to talk about last one.....

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I would do the Foam before spironolactone. I don't know anything about spironolactone. But I am adding Tricomin 2 in1 shampoo-conditioner and the spray in the temples. To maybe regrow a bit.

I don't think I will be using Revita until after the rush depending on the verdict

What was wrong with my hair is loss of the temples over 3 years and then over six months is when there was not doubt I was loosing my hair but I made the wrong choices like Nioxin. I think six months earlier on me would of left me at a Norwood 1. My color of hair changed to.

Propecia is my favorite supplement.

Jm0311

Reaction score
i have nioxin. did u have a bad experience with it?
I have revita too....it seems like its making my temples worse which i guess its shedding? but i never see any hairs fall out in my hands EVER.
lorenzo i would say my temples are a tad better than yours. I am in your shoes and im still trying to get my sh*t together. my hair is great with no vertex thinning or crown...just the god damn temples are weak...damn

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
No bad experience only the fact I though it was a solution and I wasted a year without using real deal stuff. I am waiting on Revita until there is a overwhelming majority using it. I try to avoid anything that might cause a shed without it being in the Big Three as a rule of thumb.

Update, I spray Tricomin in my temples all the time now and I Luv the stuff. The shampoo & conditioner in one is the bomb and blows Nioxin out of the water. What's cool is that it's also the same color and feels the exact same. But just has way better research to it with the copper peptides.

As far as my shampoos go I am sticking for now to nizoral 2%, Tricomin2in1 everyday use, TGel for taking down build up once every two weeks and regular shampoos I have laying around rarely.

Guys picture update is coming soon. Temples are greatly improving since I hit the 15 month mark on Propecia.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Not using the Foam after my latest freak out and Walmart return.

But I think that most importantly is that with the bone structure of my face even a little bloating I would look horrible. I know. I have to make sure I am thin or I look really bad.

Jm0311

Reaction score
is face bloating normal? I reecently decided i NEED regrowth in my right temple....and im contiplating Minoxidil (Foam, DNC)

how is your propecia use so far?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
While I think you have made great progress using propecia and the rest, I do think you should use the foam... though if you are happy with the progress you are making now, then dont fix it ;)

Good progress anyway buddy.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you should use the foam and here's why -

Propecia maintains what you have by not allowing DHT to get to your hair follicles. Yes your hair will become more healthy because the hair follicle will have time to repair itself. Think of it as building a house. Before Propecia you put a brick on top of a brick (nutrients) and someone takes a brick from you (DHT) so the house (hair follicle) is never made. Of course you might get some additional regrowth from Propecia but this hair follicle hadn't died yet.
Rogaine foam is a more powerful growth stimulant than Propecia but of course it doesn't block DHT. the foam is like putting 100 bricks down and the other guy taking one brick away.
My point is you need to start Rogaine as soon as possible because the foam will stimulate any follicles which are on their last leg. Once you get the regrowth the Propecia will guard these follicles. However if you wait five years and your hairline has receeded a bit then the Rogaine will give you regrowth but it won't be as much as if you used it now. In summary get as much regrowth as possible then guard it with anti-androgens.